Q-CUP Queensland Cup 2023

Plath getting a double now... a lot of offloading inside the 10m, eventually ends up in Plath's hands who fights for the put down.

Have been impressed with him so far, but have only been watching in the background since Reddy started putting on the points.

Somehow Wynnum are now only 6pts behind

If we are going to try him instead of Herbie it makes sense to give him plenty of footy on the left.
He doesn't look all that comfortable out on the left... hasn't been given a lot of opportunities, but he did get an opportunity one on one against his opposite and barely fired a shot getting shut down in a 1v1 ball and all tackle.

Wynnum haven't really been in the game since Reddy ran in the 3 back to back tries, so he hasn't really had many opportunities to show how he might go on the left.

I'm still hoping for Cobbo to left centre

He doesn't look all that comfortable out on the left... hasn't been given a lot of opportunities, but he did get an opportunity one on one against his opposite and barely fired a shot getting shut down in a 1v1 ball and all tackle.

Wynnum haven't really been in the game since Reddy ran in the 3 back to back tries, so he hasn't really had many opportunities to show how he might go on the left.

I'm still hoping for Cobbo to left centre

I've always thought watching him he's a right sided player and i've said so many times. I'd give him a good run on that side though because he wont get much footy at right center here.

What an odd game, Wynnum have been a wall of 40 points in three games then just allow 36 in one game.

Mariner four tries last week, so don't give him the ball all game.

I've always thought watching him he's a right sided player and i've said so many times. I'd give him a good run on that side though because he wont get much footy at right center here.
On the left he was at least stepping off his left, but it looked pretty ineffective when compared to his right foot step. He still has a right arm carry as well... I'm not a fan of that

I'd love to see him on the right wing next year with Cobbo moving to the left.

On the left he was at least stepping off his left, but it looked pretty ineffective when compared to his right foot step. He still has a right arm carry as well... I'm not a fan of that

I'd love to see him on the right wing next year with Cobbo moving to the left.

Totally agree. And even if Cobbo doesn't go that well there (I think he will), then give Mariner a shot.

Totally agree. And even if Cobbo doesn't go that well there (I think he will), then give Mariner a shot.

He played left centre when Kotoni was out in 21 .
That beef that he has put on during preseason will help him I think .

Mozer watch- three starting games into the season.

Time on the field is pretty standard Hunt starts him and gets him off at 25 minutes and back on for 30 minutes- last night second stint was only 15. Eggerling comes on and does a good job.

Defence has been strong, can't fault it at all in the middle at the start when guys are fresh was a part question mark, I had going into this year, but he's handled it- 80 tackles and 5 missed tackles.

Attack is taking some time. he's credited with two try assists against Ipswich but I really dispute their validity.

Eggerling one pass off the ruck dives over and Te Kura he turned under to push off Jets and score.

The Hetherington try last night was a kick for a try so I will pay that.

He doesn't run from dummy half a lot- 12 times in three games but for very little impact.

I think combination would help here; last season with Gray, Gray would push up and be level in front of his forwards and Mozer would give him good ball that he'd run and Mozer would be back on the inside. If he can get a combination with the Souths halves that would help.

Kicking has started to take shape, two good kicks against the Hunters one to space from dummy half and one into the in goal, then a try last night.

Early but I'd say a C at the moment.

Time on the field is pretty standard Hunt starts him and gets him off at 25 minutes and back on for 30 minutes- last night second stint was only 15. Eggerling comes on and does a good job.

Defence has been strong, can't fault it at all in the middle at the start when guys are fresh was a part question mark, I had going into this year, but he's handled it- 80 tackles and 5 missed tackles.

Attack is taking some time. he's credited with two try assists against Ipswich but I really dispute their validity.

Eggerling one pass off the ruck dives over and Te Kura he turned under to push off Jets and score.

He doesn't run from dummy half a lot- 12 times in three games but for very little impact.

I think combination would help here; last season with Gray, Gray would push up and be level in front of his forwards and Mozer would give him good ball that he'd run and Mozer would be back on the inside. If he can get a combination with the Souths halves that would help.

Kicking has started to take shape, two good kicks against the Hunters one to space from dummy half and one into the in goal, then a try last night.

You seem like a seriously tough marker, you haven't really provided any criticisms but you've marked him as a c

You seem like a seriously tough marker, you haven't really provided any criticisms but you've marked him as a c

Passing and tackling is a hooker's core business. To get more than that you need to run or provide some attack. He hasn't done that yet.

Doesn't have to be critical but he's been solid. I don't see how anyone could give him more than solid.

My biggest concern would be how he handled the defence against bigger bodies which you’re saying he’s doing well. So with that out of the way I’m fairly confident the attack will come eventually. He’s too smart of a player to not figure out the attack side of things. I’m not upset if he’s concentrating on defence and basics for now. These are the usual areas that young hyped players struggle with.

I also get the impression that he builds into games so he may show more of his skills when his minutes are increased to 35-60 minute stints

Thanks for the update. I'd say my favourite trait in a hooker is the ability to get the forwards rolling efficiently. I always thought this was Cameron Smith's best attribute.

I saw something like that from Mozer when he came on during the trials. I'm not even sure what he was doing differently compared to Walters/Paix/Smoothy but it was obvious that he had changed the flow of our motion up the field and players were running onto the ball smoother.

I haven't had the chance to watch him since then, has this been part of his game in qcup?

Kylem Vunipola (Wynnum Meninga) signed with Broncos today.

Meninga Finals.

Wynnum v Redcliffe
Ipswich v Townsville

Active Now

• Lostboy
  • Harry Sack
  • Stix
  • whykickamoocow
  • Matheos
  • Brocko
  • Skathen
  • Brotherdu
  • Sproj
  • Ondi
  • Maroon4life
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.