Q-CUP Queensland Cup 2023

14 errors from Norths and one line break. Just terrible football.

Tigers weren't even that good but they didn't have to be to counter Norths.

Ethan Quai-Ward probably deserves a mention for his game yesterday -

28 runs, 256 metres, 88 post-contact metres, 1 try assist, 1 linebreak assist, 6 tackle busts, 4 offloads.
Jordan Pereira 17 tackle breaks. 😵

You and 1910 are bigger stats guys than me, has anyone cracked 20+ from memory?

Preston Campbell R24 vs Broncos in 2008 had 21 tackle breaks. As far as I'm aware that's the most ever recorded in a game.

I have said a few times this season that the NRL stats for the QRL seem inflated and wrong. Some seem very big, like halves running 28 times.

Taking an interest in the Dolphins colts to see who steps up from Meninga.

John Fineanganofo has played two games- two tries and two line breaks, 144m against the Capras.

If we're looking for the next Corey Jensen to steal from up north, I think Riley Price should be on our radar. Is playing huge minutes for the Blackhawks every week and putting up some seriously impressive numbers in the middle.

vs Falcons - 80 minutes, 158 metres, 61 post-contact, 5 tackle busts
vs Seagulls - 80 minutes, 157 metres, 67 post-contact, 3 tackle busts
vs Hunters - 80 minutes, 220 metres, 70 post-contact, 9 tackle busts, 2 tries, 3 linebreaks

According to Zero Tackle, he's off-contract at the end of this season.

Any thoughts? @1910

If we're looking for the next Corey Jensen to steal from up north, I think Riley Price should be on our radar. Is playing huge minutes for the Blackhawks every week and putting up some seriously impressive numbers in the middle.

vs Falcons - 80 minutes, 158 metres, 61 post-contact, 5 tackle busts
vs Seagulls - 80 minutes, 157 metres, 67 post-contact, 3 tackle busts
vs Hunters - 80 minutes, 220 metres, 70 post-contact, 9 tackle busts, 2 tries, 3 linebreaks

According to Zero Tackle, he's off-contract at the end of this season.

Any thoughts? @1910

He's got a great work ethic and Townsville haven't been going that well. But I like his work ethic and he's self-made- Falcons Meninga, took a chance going up to Townsville third of the way through 19 and won an NRL contract through Colts and a train and trial then development and now made his NRL debut there.

Not sure you'd get him away from Uncle Brent and Townsville though. He's coming into a real sweet spot now- will have close to 50 Cup games by the end of this season and played some NRL. - his defence is outstanding- that's his best attribute but he has an offload.

He's tough too, I remember on debut he played a Norths pack in 21 with Bullemor, Piakura, Kennedy, Fei, Molo, Sio, Levi and Pulu and played 80 minutes.

Norths ended up Premiers that year and those guys smashed teams.

He was outstanding against the Hunters last week. One of the best games by a forward in Cup.

He was outstanding against the Hunters last week. One of the best games by a forward in Cup.

Win 54-4
80 minutes
Two tries
18 runs
220 metres
3 line breaks
1 line break assist
9 tackle breaks
1 offload
16 tackles
0 missed.

His first try doesn't look like much but he pushed up and was keen to take the hit up when they're up 22-0. Could have easily gone throw it round boys and was in the middle.

Second try was great again for context seven minutes to go up 42-4 and you've played the whole game every right to be 20m back saying run boys- takes the run on an edge and runs 60m to score in the corner.

Petero Civoniceva Medal standings after Round 9​

NameTeamPoints
Trey BrowneCentral Queensland Capras11
Morea MoreaPNG Hunters11
Guy HamiltonBurleigh Bears9
Julian ChristianNorthern Pride8
Rory FergusonSouths Logan Magpies8
Lachlan HubnerCentral Queensland Capras8
Riley PriceTownsville Blackhawks8
Jacob AlickBurleigh Bears7
Sheldon PitamaRedcliffe Dolphins7
Tristan SailorSouths Logan Magpies7
Tyson SmoothyWynnum Manly Seagulls7

Quai-Ward to the Bulldogs. I am told will stay play tonight.

Smoothy try was a good hooker's try- remains to be seen why the Hunter's marker was on his knees but Smoothy doesn't care too much.

Rogers runs straight and hard and scores- Hunters are terrible.

Mariner too lax there, doesn't bother turning and covering the kick- Hunters score.

Gus was never leaving that Magpies game during Magic Round empty handed.

I'm still holding my breath over Te Kura.

Bit dissapointed about quai-ward. Not sure he offered much threat but his metres alone were worth a shot at some point in the nrl. Seemed solid in defence and mistake-free in trials too, hope mariner is as good as they say....

Looks like Quai-Ward has played his last game for the Magpies.

Leota has come into the team with Pereira moving into the centres.

Leota is raw but he improved as the MM Cup went on and I see him as one of those players who could step up provided he's in a good system with the right players around him.

Active Now

• BroncosFan_Corey
  • Strop
  • RodF
  • Mighty Bronx
  • broncsgoat
  • Brotherdu
  • LittleDavey
  • Johnny92
  • Justwin
  • GCBRONCO
  • Nerd
  • Financeguy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Santa
  • mitch222
  • MrRobot
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Wolfie
  • BroncosMan
  • Organix
... and 63 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.