Q-CUP Queensland Cup 2023

Piakura another good run, his angled runs are so good when he plays smart.

I've been hurt before with Piakura but I think that was his best ISC game in attack, purposeful running and understanding where and why he was running.

Nine runs
two-line breaks
one line break assists- great pass
Six tackle breaks
One try

Five missed tackles continue to be an issue but some attacking positives.

Bayliss-Brow has had his two best games in a row now, I always found him a bit lazy but last two weeks he's been working hard.

47-Jets and 48-Hunters and that second stint has been good value. Against the Hunters that's no small ask to come back and be physical again.

Mozer made two good kicks last night, one into the in-goal went dead but could have gone close to a try and one out of dummy half found space and got them down there.
He’s looked hard to handle. Interesting to see when he gets a crack

I've been hurt before with Piakura but I think that was his best ISC game in attack, purposeful running and understanding where and why he was running.

Nine runs
two-line breaks
one line break assists- great pass
Six tackle breaks
One try

Five missed tackles continue to be an issue but some attacking positives.
Are the missed tackles notable because there are ways some players just attack tackles where they have a positive influence defensively but it counts as a missed tackle.

Are the missed tackles notable because there are ways some players just attack tackles where they have a positive influence defensively but it counts as a missed tackle.
Ben Hunt for example. Gets his body weight in front of rampaging forwards, often gets thrown off but slows them enough for the cavalry to arrive. "Missed tackle" by the stats, but just as valuable as a made tackle in the situation.

Piakura's last five games for Norths- Falcons, Redcliffe, Penrith, Bears and Redcliffe is 25 missed tackles.

He doesn't make the effort the whole game and lacks attention to detail in defence.

I was about to remind folks about a certain team in ‘06 that had a fella by the name of Shane Perry (bog average at best) and a half playing in the centres who actually ended up at Hooker for a Clive Churchill Medal. You can have a supporting cast of decent players IF you have a once in a generation player like Lockyer. Big IF…
IF Mozer/Mam/ Walsh are that, shit, I could lace em up again at #7 it wouldn’t matter.

Not suggesting we mess with a winning formula, but I agree, we need to see Piakura in first grade. Either show us who you really are or stay in cup forever.

Not suggesting we mess with a winning formula, but I agree, we need to see Piakura in first grade. Either show us who you really are or stay in cup forever.

Problem is, Hetherington is just about back and be likely takes Palasia’s spot. Unless there are injuries, I just don’t see where Piakura fits until origin.

Problem is, Hetherington is just about back and be likely takes Palasia’s spot. Unless there are injuries, I just don’t see where Piakura fits until origin.
Good point @Sproj. Kobe is a huge in (I would wait for Tigers game, not the derby).

Highlights:

Also the Dolphins v Devils replay can be found on 9now.

Makes it a little easier to stomach Herbie leaving. It’s great that we are finally in a position where we can make these guys play 20+ Q Cup games. Which Mariner should have by next season.

Starting to get concerned for Piakura. 20 + cup games and some NRL and he really isn’t seeming to kick on at this stage.

Unread

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Hurrijo
  • Battler
  • Mustafur
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.