Queensland Vs. New South Wales - Match Thread

The Rock said:
You lot go on about it like as they the Blues team should all be banned, suspended, shot, etc etc. [icon_lol1. What a bunch of hypocrits - QLD have done this before too so just GET OVER IT

While I'm not saying QLD always play fair, I don't think they go down to the levels NSW did last night. It seemed like just about every tackle NSW made of a QLD guy, they'd also give him a forearm to the head while he was on the ground.

The funny thing is, QLD ingored most of this niggle and just concentrated on playing footy, and blew NSW off the park in the process.

Coxy said:
Daily Telegraph said:
NSW stars Jarryd Hayne and Michael Ennis unbelievably missed the team bus to Suncorp Stadium last night as the embarrassed and humiliated Blues crashed to an inglorious 34-6 loss to mighty Queensland.

The Daily Telegraph understands Hayne and Ennis somehow failed to board the bus from their team hotel, the Sofitel Hotel in Turbot Street, the pair forced to catch a taxi through Brisbane's peak hour traffic to Suncorp Stadium.

"It was a stuff-up," said one senior NSWRL official.

It is understood the players mixed-up their departure time and officials on the bus counted off 19 players, forgetting it was now an extended 21-man squad.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL5!

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 5880613088

Lucky the tunnel wasn't closed

Rock, that's BS about Qld producing the same type of performance at any stage. There is always a bit of niggle in tackles and sometimes more than usual but last night NSW brought their brand of grubbiness and NOTHING else.

Not 1 outstanding tackle, not 1 set of hard D,they did't even have the balls to start a fight when they obviously thought upsetting us was their only chance.
It was truly an embarrassing effort, and I would say this if QLD were the ones who played like that.
Go back and watch a replay and look specifically for the dirty tactics, you will be surprised, Weyman pulling Thaidays hair, grapple tackles, Gallen scratching at Costigans eyes just pathetic stuff.

The Rock said:
LOLZ @ you guys calling NSW grubs. What point are you trying to prove?

2003 to 2005 - Have you guys forgotten already? QLD had nothing so they played dirty. Crocker, Webb, Thorn, Gee, Ross, Carroll...the amount of shit those guys dished up during those years was amazing! If you think what NSW did last night was grubby (yes, it was) then have a look at some games during NSW's good run from 2003-2005. QLD did the exact same thing!

My point?? Well when you're on the losing end and there is no hope then frustration builds and you tend to just play like grubs to try and get under the skin of the opposition. It doesn't just happen in Origin either, it happens in the NRL. There's been MANY games in the past where teams like Melbourne, St George, North QLD, Parramatta etc have been on the wrong end of a scoreboard, things haven't gone their way and the game has got out of control due to grubbiness. Just look at the St Parra Vs Storm game this year and the St George Vs Raiders game last year.

You lot go on about it like as they the Blues team should all be banned, suspended, shot, etc etc. [icon_lol1. What a bunch of hypocrits - QLD have done this before too so just GET OVER IT and enjoy your 5th straight series win.

For a bunch of fans that have just witnessed 5 straight series wins, you don't seem too happy.

You come out with so much bullshit on here it's incredible. NSW were a disgrace last night, not only in the way they played, but how they composed themselves. I've never seen QLD that bad.

Yeah good defence, why did you guys play like that ? duh um because QLD did that 7 years ago to us dribble.

Actually mabye if this team got a head start in 2003 they would have won last night.

The Rock said:
Yep and Carl Webb's forearms in the tackles, Crocker's delibrate high tackles and Thorn's face palms don't ring a bell to you? PUH-LEASE!!! [icon_lol1. I know you're all excited and happy, but take your maroon glasses off for 2 seconds - NSW were dirty but QLD have been there, done that all before.

I agree, but I still don't think QLD do it a consistantly as NSW do, or to the extent NSW did it last night. Last night it seemed like their only intentino was to rough QLD up. They didn't even seem to concerned about winning the game

Player ratings, some funny ones to

New South Wales
Jarryd Hayne 7
Pummelled in the most brutal sporting contest this year. Kept getting back up. Booed constantly by ravenous Brisbane crowd. The ultimate compliment.

Brett Morris 5
Must've been trialling for the AFL. For the Dragons, he bursts into a gap and keeps running. Last night, half gap - and he kicks.

Matt Cooper 5
Gave Folau a shove from behind in back-play. GWS impressed enough with tackling technique to offer a $1.5m contract. Hamstring injury.

Beau Scott 7
Thanks, Joey. Thanks for not stirring up Greg Inglis. Thanks for not giving him any extra ammunition. Still a strong and combative debut.

Joel Monaghan 5
Was rushed into the NSW squad when Timana Tahu pulled the pin. Will be rushed back out of the NSW squad if Tahu decides to come back.

Trent Barrett 6
Returning from his year-long suspension for the attempted decapitation of Inglis in the bar-room brawl that was Origin III last year.

Mitchell Pearce 7
Good listener. Puts the ear in Pearce. Another shame of Andrew Johns's departure from camp was that Pearce lost his mentor.

Michael Weyman 5
Was hit by Thaiday on the 40m line and ended up on the other side of halfway. Was hit on halfway and ended up in Milton.

Michael Ennis 6
Clobbered Lockyer in a late tackle and it was yet to be confirmed if he managed to get out of Suncorp alive.

Brett White 6
He will be sent off some time soon. The Storm are losing the plot and it's going to get ugly so put your last dollar on him getting marched.

Nathan Hindmarsh 7
That wasn't Nathan Hindmarsh. It was some bloke with a sensible haircut. Hindmarsh only fires when he looks like the love child of Joel Reddy and Rambo.

Ben Creagh 6
Most players say winning a grand final is the ultimate. Better than Origin, better than playing Tests. Creagh will be hoping so.

Paul Gallen 6
You WOULD want to meet Gallen in a dark alley … it'd be less scary than crossing his path in an Origin.

Kurt Gidley 6
The smallest amount of input by a captain since Mike Brearley led the England cricket team. Not his fault.

Tom Learoyd-Lahrs 7
Sounds like his name is Leroy Lars on the commentary. Like the Roosters have a winger called Kenny Dowall. Had a crack.

Trent Waterhouse 5
Dorothy said in The Wizard of Oz: ''You're not in Kansas any more, Toto.'' Waterhouse isn't at Penrith Stadium any more, either.

Luke O'Donnell 6
Outstanding refereeing to not send him off for upending Darius Boyd. But he'll be getting a rest for a few weeks now.

QUEENSLAND
Billy Slater 9
Blessed! Only one thing could've possibly overshadowed his pre-match feud with Hayne. A racism scandal featuring a legend like Andrew Johns. As if!

Darius Boyd 8
Sits in the front row of the grandstand sipping beers and eating hot dogs until Thurston gives him a wave and sends him over for a try.

Greg Inglis 8
Took 30 seconds to unleash. Gallen charged and it wasn't a Maroons forward who hammered him. It was Inglis. A god of the game of rugby league.

Willie Tonga 8
So quick he took the ball in the 31st minute and was tackled in the 29th. So quick he made Cooper look like Cliff Young.

Israel Folau 9
So popular with teammates that they'll pick him again next year despite him playing AFL. Thrilled with Queensland's 6-5 (34) to 1-1 (6). Won't you stay?

Darren Lockyer 9
Had a full head of hair before Folau signed with the Aussie Rules. So humble he's donated his voice to a homeless kid.

Johnathan Thurston 8
The XXXX signs were really his pre-match quotes. A XXXX awesome player had another XXXX blinder.

Matthew Scott 8
Never trust anyone with two first names. Except when they're a Queensland Origin prop swept up in the tidal wave of all this emotion.

Cameron Smith 7
There's an explanation for his multiple Storm contracts. He didn't know if he was supposed to sign Cam or Cameron.

David Shillington 9
Ferocious tackles. Dane Carlaw used to look like Tarzan, play like Jane. Shillington looks like Tarzan, plays like Tarzan. Him Tarzan, Carlaw Jane.

Nate Myles 5
Unconscious from about the third minute and had limited game time.

Sam Thaiday 9
Good man, Thaiday. No longer smokes cigarettes in preference to smoking opposition defences. He doesn't just inhale. He eats them alive.

Ashley Harrison 6
Made a really good contribution despite carrying a name more befitting of a Victoria's Secret model.

Cooper Cronk 7
Forget Origin. How did he escape suspension for being the third man in to the Hayne-Slater stink at Parramatta Stadium a while back? Try.

Ben Hannant 6
Athletes from third-world countries go on tour and don't come back. The Bulldogs fear Hannant won't be seen again until he's at the Broncos next year.

Neville Costigan 6
Neville.

David Taylor 7
Russell Crowe wants him to play Arnold Schwarzenegger in a movie. But Arnie has said Taylor needs to lose muscle mass first.

I loved how many decent ball and all hits QLD put on last night and how we didn't bother to smother in numbers or attack the head last night whereas that seemed all NSW were interested in doing. Shilly and Scott pulled off some absolutely huge one on one tackles going to the mid section!

Deadset, how fucking incredible was Billy Slater last night? That's up there with one of the best fullback performances I have ever seen.

KrispyKris said:
I haven't seen any of the stats or replays of the match. How many penalties did we get against us? Didn't most of the penalties went to NSW's favour?

Actually Queensland won the penalty count 6-2! I was surprised as well, it felt like we were getting the raw end of the deal. But then, that was mainly in terms of wrong forward pass calls and wrong calls on bomb challenges and missed late tackles on Lockyer.

After last night, Lockyer has surely earned the right to have no pressure placed on him to make a decision one way or the other. If he wants to play next year, more power to him. He was absolutely outstanding last night, one of the true greats of our game not only in the way he plays, but the way he leads and inspires his teammates. I can't recall too many captains in the past who have been quite so inspirational.

NSW should have cottoned on early that QLD weren't going to be dragged into their grubby tactics and come up with Plan B. Only thing is, they simply don't have one at the moment so when those tactics didn't work, they simply didn't know what else to do.

Only thing as enjoyable as watching the QLD win was seeing just how bad Hayne was. A Parra fan I work with can't stand him playing at fullback, doesn't believe he is a true fullback, and last night showed why.

How O'Donnell will only miss 3 weeks is beyond me. I would have thought even if the charge wasn't too bad that with his record he'd surely be sitting down for a minimum of 6 weeks. I don't quite know what's wrong with him, but he is like a rabied dog out there these days.

Shillington - man mountain. He is absolutely astounding, and with props like him, Scott and Ben Hannant, QLD has no reason to look at a future without Price and Civo bleakly at all.

What more can be said? So many things, but such little time! All I know is I'm so glad I decided to get tickets for game 3 and I'll be down on the fence when they do the lap of honour with the shield once again.

[icon_lol1. Well he would at least surely have to be bigger than Idris!!!

Funny how only a year ago people were worried about how we would go in the future without Petero and Pricey. The future's definitely looking good now! :D

It's getting to the point where I can't remember the last series that NSW won. Pathetic...

Coxy said:
KrispyKris said:
I haven't seen any of the stats or replays of the match. How many penalties did we get against us? Didn't most of the penalties went to NSW's favour?

Actually Queensland won the penalty count 6-2! I was surprised as well, it felt like we were getting the raw end of the deal. But then, that was mainly in terms of wrong forward pass calls and wrong calls on bomb challenges and missed late tackles on Lockyer.

There was a lot missed both ways, but we could've had all the penalties in the world and QLD still would've thrashed us.

Scotty said:
Deadset, how **** incredible was Billy Slater last night? That's up there with one of the best fullback performances I have ever seen.

Yep, he was bloody amazing last night. Not sure if he is as good as Lockyer was but he must be getting close...

Bucking Beads said:
Scotty said:
Deadset, how **** incredible was Billy Slater last night? That's up there with one of the best fullback performances I have ever seen.

Yep, he was bloody amazing last night. Not sure if he is as good as Lockyer was but he must be getting close...

He seemed to be down on energy with his kick returns early in the game, but I think in retrospect he was conserving himself. As a result he was as good at the end of the game as he was at the start. Definitely one of the more committed and courageous displays from him at the back too.

Highlight for me was his gathering of that bouncing ball with chasers flying through on him, and then not only beat the initial chase, but beat the cover and go 30m up field. Awesome stuff.

Active Now

• Jeza23
  • Brocko
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Fitzy
  • lynx000
  • ChewThePhatt
  • davidp
  • Dony Eliakim
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Wolfie
  • Culhwch
  • GCBRONCO
  • Wild Horse
  • Mister Wright
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.