Quick Hello From a Young Broncos Lover

Remy

Remy

Oct 8, 2019
Hey guys,
I just signed up for BroncosHQ after discovering it on Google. I don't know why I didn't assume there would be a forum like this but I'm glad I found it nonetheless. I'm 18 years old and have loved the Broncos my whole life, I'd never dream of supporting any other team, ever. My Dad is exactly the same and has loved the Broncos since 1988. He literally has his bedroom covered top to bottom, every inch in different Broncos merchandise. Yes, every inch. He even has those player faces they give to you at the games in his window scaring off delivery drivers and visitors. He's a bit weird. Maybe I'll post a photo one day haha. Thankfully, he put me into junior Rugby League for 7 years until I was 13 so my love also stems from that.

Regardless, we've been season members for 5 years now and have loved the bonding and time we get to spend together at these games. The atmosphere of a Broncos game is like a drug for me. I've only really been old enough and mature enough to actively follow the NRL and all it's news, drama, rules and all the stuff that comes with it for the last year or two, but I am having a lot of fun and looking forward to the 2020 season already. Anyways, I've just signed up my sister and her boyfriend for membership next year and confirmed ours as well. I'm hoping to be on here a lot amongst all the older fans who have been here since the beginning, I can only imagine the knowledge, memories and history you guys hold.

Hopefully I'll get to see my first premiership as an adult soon enough.

See y'all around.

Welcome fella and enjoy your staty and yes...hopefully you will see a premiership before grey hair makes and apperance on your head.

Hope you don’t mind a bit of swearing, cussing and whinging.

Hi Remy, welcome aboard, you will soon figure out how this place works. Just don't take anything too seriously, and have fun catching up on your reading of the different threads. Feel free to contribute your thoughts.

Remy your not a true member until you have shared your thoughts on Bennett vs Seibold.......🤣 just joking mate. Welcome to the forum 😁👍

Hey guys,
I just signed up for BroncosHQ after discovering it on Google. I don't know why I didn't assume there would be a forum like this but I'm glad I found it nonetheless. I'm 18 years old and have loved the Broncos my whole life, I'd never dream of supporting any other team, ever. My Dad is exactly the same and has loved the Broncos since 1988. He literally has his bedroom covered top to bottom, every inch in different Broncos merchandise. Yes, every inch. He even has those player faces they give to you at the games in his window scaring off delivery drivers and visitors. He's a bit weird. Maybe I'll post a photo one day haha. Thankfully, he put me into junior Rugby League for 7 years until I was 13 so my love also stems from that.

Regardless, we've been season members for 5 years now and have loved the bonding and time we get to spend together at these games. The atmosphere of a Broncos game is like a drug for me. I've only really been old enough and mature enough to actively follow the NRL and all it's news, drama, rules and all the stuff that comes with it for the last year or two, but I am having a lot of fun and looking forward to the 2020 season already. Anyways, I've just signed up my sister and her boyfriend for membership next year and confirmed ours as well. I'm hoping to be on here a lot amongst all the older fans who have been here since the beginning, I can only imagine the knowledge, memories and history you guys hold.

See y'all around.
It's good to hear you've joined the discussion. Welcome. I was lucky enough to be at the 1992 Grand Final when the Broncos won their first premiership and I had just turned 34 a few days before! Being from Ipswich it wasn't hard to know Alfie Langer as my Dad was the truckdriver who drove Langer around patching holes for the Ipswich City Council. Yes, there's plenty of old rusted on fans here and I'm not even the oldest one on this forum!

There's some clever and passionate fans here and the forum's run very well by a few of them. Disagreement is the lifeblood here but every now then we all agree about something. Have your say but expect occasional rough seas !

It's good to hear you've joined the discussion. Welcome. I was lucky enough to be at the 1992 Grand Final when the Broncos won their first premiership and I had just turned 34 a few days before! Being from Ipswich it wasn't hard to know Alfie Langer as my Dad was the truckdriver who drove Langer around patching holes for the Ipswich City Council. Yes, there's plenty of old rusted on fans here and I'm not even the oldest one on this forum!

There's some clever and passionate fans here and the forum's run very well by a few of them. Disagreement is the lifeblood here but every now then we all agree about something. Have your say but expect occasional rough seas !
Thanks for the welcome mate.
That’s an awesome story about your dad and langer.
I’m looking forward to all the disagreements and agreements and all the highs and lows.

Hell yeah mate, welcome to the forum! 🤙

On another note, I am a little concerned I joined BHQ when Remy here would've been about two years old... I'm not even 30 and I feel sooooo old. 😑

That's a funny way to describe yourself, reminds me of "Little Kid Lover" from The Office lol.

Hey guys,

See y'all around.
Welcome aboard matey.
You'll need two things to survive and thrive on here:
1.A warped sense of humour.
2. The understanding that 'Jesus suffering ****' can be an exclamation of happiness or disillusionment depending on the context.

What's your thoughts on Lodgey as our captain?

Welcome aboard matey.
2. The understanding that 'Jesus suffering ****' can be an exclamation of happiness or disillusionment depending on the context.

You went straight for the jugular with the controversial topic.

Welcome aboard matey.

Haha
I wasn’t following NRL news closely when news about lodge came out but from what it seems he’s cleaned his off-field behaviour up. Correct me if I’m wrong there. My concern would be his ability to stay cool-headed and clean on-field in what could be an extremely frustrating time ahead. He hasn’t been a grub by any means but there’s been a few times this year where it think he could’ve shown more leadership and restraint. Maybe Matt Gillette could be a good choice but I don’t know enough to say any more than that.

Active Now

• Morkel
  • bazza
  • Broncosgirl
  • Allo
  • Harry Sack
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Mustafur
  • leon.bott
  • Locky's Left Boot
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.