Quick Hello From a Young Broncos Lover

Haha
I wasn’t following NRL news closely when news about lodge came out but from what it seems he’s cleaned his off-field behaviour up. Correct me if I’m wrong there. My concern would be his ability to stay cool-headed and clean on-field in what could be an extremely frustrating time ahead. He hasn’t been a grub by any means but there’s been a few times this year where it think he could’ve shown more leadership and restraint. Maybe Matt Gillett could be a good choice but I don’t know enough to say any more than that.

I like this guy already

Last edited:
Hell yeah mate, welcome to the forum! 🤙

On another note, I am a little concerned I joined BHQ when Remy here would've been about two years old... I'm not even 30 and I feel sooooo old. 😑
And I'm twice your age and then some!😟 Imagine how I must feel then. Live long enough and you see people change not politicians, lawyers and car salesmen though, they remain *****!

Haha
I wasn’t following NRL news closely when news about lodge came out but from what it seems he’s cleaned his off-field behaviour up. Correct me if I’m wrong there. My concern would be his ability to stay cool-headed and clean on-field in what could be an extremely frustrating time ahead. He hasn’t been a grub by any means but there’s been a few times this year where it think he could’ve shown more leadership and restraint. Maybe Matt Gillette could be a good choice but I don’t know enough to say any more than that.
You say you're 18 huh?
Mmmm, you didn't make any claim that indicates certainty! When I was young I'd make absolute statements that I thought were simply incontrovertible like so many on here do.

I think that's fabulous that you aren't claiming knowledge rather you're suggesting or putting forward an educated guess. You sure you're 18?🤔🚂

On the topic of our history with the Broncos, I never watched rugby league growing up. Though my dad had played it when he was growing up he disliked the culture surrounding the game so we never watched it at home. It wasn’t until I moved out of home, and after I finished uni that I caught the bug.

Back when I had started uni in ‘95 one of my uni friends was a really big Broncos fan and I remember him talking about this Broncos site he’d created. I still wasn’t into the sport then so I never really looked into it. On the one hand, I’m pretty sure it was this (or the precursor to this) site — I’m pretty sure he referred to it as Broncos HQ — but then on the other I notice that down the bottom of the pages on this site it says it was established in 2001, which is several years later than his site.

Can anyone clear this up for me? I believe several people in here know the person I’m talking about — his initials are C C.

You say you're 18 huh?
Mmmm, you didn't make any claim that indicates certainty! When I was young I'd make absolute statements that I thought were simply incontrovertible like so many on here do.

I think that's fabulous that you aren't claiming knowledge rather you're suggesting or putting forward an educated guess. You sure you're 18?🤔🚂
Someone has a crush... 😂

Last edited:
You say you're 18 huh?

Maybe you’ll grow out of it by the time you’re 70.

On the topic of our history with the Broncos, I never watched rugby league growing up. Though my dad had played it when he was growing up he disliked the culture surrounding the game so we never watched it at home. It wasn’t until I moved out of home, and after I finished uni that I caught the bug.

Back when I had started uni in ‘95 one of my uni friends was a really big Broncos fan and I remember him talking about this Broncos site he’d created. I still wasn’t into the sport then so I never really looked into it. On the one hand, I’m pretty sure it was this (or the precursor to this) site — I’m pretty sure he referred to it as Broncos HQ — but then on the other I notice that down the bottom of the pages on this site it says it was established in 2001, which is several years later than his site.

Can anyone clear this up for me? I believe several people in here know the person I’m talking about — his initials are C C.

He started BroncoNet which changed to BroncosHQ when the original owner had his site closed down. The original BroncosHQ started in 2001, so that's where the date came from. I took over from Chris about 5 years ago.

You say you're 18 huh?

He has more wisdom than you @Huge 😎

He started BroncoNet which changed to BroncosHQ when the original owner had his site closed down. The original BroncosHQ started in 2001, so that's where the date came from. I took over from Chris about 5 years ago.

And I'm not sure if it gets said enough, but thank you for doing so, this site is comfortably the best sporting fan forum in Australia in terms of design, ease of use & features, in my opinion, and the amount of time and effort you put in to upgrading / updating it on a regular basis gets nowhere near as much credit as it deserves.

Well Done Nashy - I have been reading and commenting on this forum for years and really enjoy the correspondence shared (well most of the time)

DP

And I'm not sure if it gets said enough, but thank you for doing so, this site is comfortably the best sporting fan forum in Australia in terms of design, ease of use & features, in my opinion, and the amount of time and effort you put in to upgrading / updating it on a regular basis gets nowhere near as much credit as it deserves.

I've loved BHQ since it existed, and always thought it could be better, I still do and still have a couple of projects to bring in over the next year or so.

I've had so much help along the way, from our staff, and our members, they are who make BHQ what it is, I just help guide that.

I have made many life friends from BHQ, and I appreciate having somewhere that isn't a cesspool like LU or Facebook idiots to discuss the team. That's what I want to stand out the most, for all the bullshit we see from time to time, the majority here just want to talk footy with someone who can actually spell I.Q.

When I came on board as staff originally, my one goal was to get BHQ back to that point, because it was so close to closing, and I really, really didn't want to see that.

As you know though, there are days where I am quite happy to flick the switch and say enough is enough. Usually the staff sort those people out for me though ;-)

I've loved BHQ since it existed, and always thought it could be better, I still do and still have a couple of projects to bring in over the next year or so.

I've had so much help along the way, from our staff, and our members, they are who make BHQ what it is, I just help guide that.

I have made many life friends from BHQ, and I appreciate having somewhere that isn't a cesspool like LU or Facebook idiots to discuss the team. That's what I want to stand out the most, for all the bullshit we see from time to time, the majority here just want to talk footy with someone who can actually spell I.Q.

When I came on board as staff originally, my one goal was to get BHQ back to that point, because it was so close to closing, and I really, really didn't want to see that.

As you know though, there are days where I am quite happy to flick the switch and say enough is enough. Usually the staff sort those people out for me though ;-)

Really enjoying hearing a little bit about the history of the forum and how it came about lads 👍 well done.

Of all the work you've done, nothing has brought a happy tear to my eyes like seeing BHQ embracing 21st century emojis 💩

And Tapatalk, I think there's a whole like 3 of us that use it. You keep wanting to let her go but I plead for mercy and you keep the old girl around. Long live Tapatalk.

You say you're 18 huh?

He writes in English as well. Definitely one to watch.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Morkel
  • Brocko
  • Battler
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Organix
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Wolfie
  • Justwin
  • broncsgoat
  • Mustafur
  • BroncosAlways
  • kiwi2
  • Galah
  • Financeguy
  • Evander
  • Fozz
  • Footy Fanatic
  • cento
  • Johnny92
... and 32 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.