Racism drama in the U20's

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/1d41ce11b8bc83178c35e63a05b1ab03

ST GEORGE Illawarra management will allege a Brisbane under-20s player racially vilified one of their players on Friday night at Suncorp Stadium.

90bb3287b71e13cf1752144fb556ea86

Dragons under-20s player T.J. Uele.Source: Supplied
The Dragons have lodged a formal complaint to the NRL.
“Yes, we will be follow the correct process path with the NRL,’’ a club official said.
Broncos officials have also been notified that St George Illawarra have escalated to the incident.
It will be alleged rookie Dragons forward TJ Uele was called a “black c...’’ by a Broncos bench player before halftime.
The ugly claim coincides with a push-and-shove at the time of the alleged slur, which resulted in Uele reacting angrily and being sin-binned by the referee.
The NRL wouldn’t comment on the incident but confirmed last night they have received a formal complaint from the Dragons.

The Bronco player isn't named. Any ideas who it might be? Whoever it was needs to be turfed out. No room for that shit at our club.

half the Broncos under 20s team are of different ethnic backgrounds so its weird one of them would even think of saying something like that.

Im hearing there was abuse, but it wasnt racial. Fat **** was what i heard was aimed at him, and i'd say it got misheard.

Still, its nowhere near as bad as Moose calling fafita a shit forward.

Last edited by a moderator:
I find it hard to believe that he called him a black **** given how diverse rugby league is these days. I agree it's more likely it was fat ****.

I find it hard to believe that he called him a black **** given how diverse rugby league is these days. I agree it's more likely it was fat ****.
That is the same excuse Bryan Fletcher gave when accused of calling Dean Widders the same thing. Diverse or not, when you lose your temper, things can be said in the heat of the moment. Fat and black don't even rhyme and is a ridiculous defense.

That is the same excuse Bryan Fletcher gave when accused of calling Dean Widders the same thing. Diverse or not, when you lose your temper, things can be said in the heat of the moment. Fat and black don't even rhyme and is a ridiculous defense.
Yes but they're not so dissimilar that one could be absolutely certain. They don't have to rhyme to be confused. A lady thought I'd insulted her when I said ' thanks for that', she'd heard 'thanks fat'.....we aussies do speak quite quickly at times and words can slur a little

Certainly fat and black sound similar ......

Why don't we find out if this actually happened before we turn judge, jury and executioner? Or do we just believe everything that the media say now, do we?

Blaming the media for reporting that the dragons have made a complaint. Thats a new one...

Blaming the media for reporting that the dragons have made a complaint. Thats a new one...

I'm not blaming the media, im saying we don't even know this happened yet and already we are talking about kicking the unknown person out.

I'm not blaming the media, im saying we don't even know this happened yet and already we are talking about kicking the unknown person out.
Ugh don't bother. Don't you know it's guilty until proven guilty when people bring race into things. Unpopular opinions just give the white knights more reason to be hero's on the internet.

Maybe he called him a fat, black **** and that's where the confusion came from?

If it's true, get rid. No place for that shit.

Try saying black and fat with a mouth guard in...

BTW, this is the player it was directed at:

image.img.jpg

It's not a nice thing to say (if it's fat), but it's a dime a dozen on the footy paddock.
This PC overreaction to anything possibly racist, is almost as much of a blight on society, as xenophobia!

If he did say black ****, then yes... off with ya head.

Last edited:
I'd think with how diverse the under 20's team is that sort of thing would be totally viewed as totally unacceptable by everyone in the team... Given how much players value the opinion of their peers in the team I also find it hard to believe tbh.

If he did say it the other Broncos players should see he's kicked out of the team.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Foordy
  • Bish
  • ChewThePhatt
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Broncosgirl
  • Wolfie
  • kman
  • Kev_Guz
  • Big Del
  • Rambstien
  • KateBroncos1812
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.