NEWS Raging Bull: Lodge's another complaint

We play a man’s sport and they have to be good everywhere. They have to be great in society. They’ve got to fit in with what normal people do in life.”

He makes it sound like that Lodge spends his free time looking for people to bash and threaten to kill..

Deadset Tallis should **** up. He's unbelievably annoying, how does a meathead like him have so many media positions? They literally pick the dumbest morally corrupt dude because it boosts ratings to have someone say stupid shit.

Locky and Langer weren’t exactly the bastions of clean off field behaviour, Gordon. I’m also wonder if he thinks Thurston was unfit for captaincy considering his ratbag past? I wonder what Gordon thinks of Inglis as captain material? I wonder why Cam Smith’s 2 contracts was behaviour befitting of the games prototypical captain?

Locky and Langer weren’t exactly the bastions of clean off field behaviour, Gordon. I’m also wonder if he thinks Thurston was unfit for captaincy considering his ratbag past? I wonder what Gordon thinks of Inglis as captain material? I wonder why Cam Smith’s 2 contracts was behaviour befitting of the games prototypical captain?

Smith's credibility went out the window in April 2010, but Tallis can't remember that far back.

Tallies and other are talking like Lodge did his NY thing last week, and is still acting that way, unremorseful. Its a disgrace.
What Lodge did was terrible, but it was in 3 or 4 years ago, and he has been exemplary since.
In short, you are wrong as usual Tallis.

I still read a bunch of comments about how Lodge hasn't paid back that family and how the Broncos paid them off so Lodge could play on a lower contract than Newcastle offered him, all sorts of nonsense with no basis in reality. But unfortunately that will remain the case as long as he's here. If he upped sticks and went to a media darling club like Newcastle, the Roosters or Storm then he'd be a redeemed man and evidence of what a great club can do to bring someone back from the brink.

The only thing that really bothers me about Tallis is that he's enabled by the media and by dumb fans. There are heaps of people out there with an axe to grind against the Broncos, but they rightly don't have the platform to spew their bias. Tallis is not only tolerated, but encouraged.

I like Lodge and think he has turned himself around but I think it is still going to be some time before the sponsors would accept him being captain. But as long as he continues to lead on the field he doesn't need a little (c) next to his name.

Would like to see him punch Tallis but the media would just write a story about how Lodge hasn't changed because he attacks retirees with a photo of a random 90 year old that is unrelated to the story so people would blow up about it on facebook.

I'm also in the camp where I'd say it's probably premature for Lodge to be the Captain and public face of the club.

Granted, he has taken virtually every step possible to redeem himself and he deserves to be commended for that, but I'd expect to see it continue over a more extended period before I'd think it was fair for the Broncos and for him to be given that responsibility and pressure.

It's a business after all, and I think the potential for fan and commercial backlash is too high at a period where we are not enjoying on field success, and I'm comfortable that with time healing a few more of those wounds, plus a bit more on field success to sweeten the deal, that Lodge can be in the box seat to take over from Glenn in a couple of season's time.

I'm also in the camp where I'd say it's probably premature for Lodge to be the Captain and public face of the club.

Granted, he has taken virtually every step possible to redeem himself and he deserves to be commended for that, but I'd expect to see it continue over a more extended period before I'd think it was fair for the Broncos and for him to be given that responsibility and pressure.

It's a business after all, and I think the potential for fan and commercial backlash is too high at a period where we are not enjoying on field success, and I'm comfortable that with time healing a few more of those wounds, plus a bit more on field success to sweeten the deal, that Lodge can be in the box seat to take over from Glenn in a couple of season's time.

it is not even about whether he should or shouldn't be Broncos captain ...

this article was written (or at least published), not only months after Lodge missed out on the captaincy in the first place, but also several weeks after he picked up a long term injury ...

not to mention it was published on the same day as another article buy the same author, stating that Carrigan will skipper the side in round 1, if Glenn is ruled out.

it is fairly obvious that Seibs and management rate Carrigan's leadership potential very highly and IMO, it is likely that he will be the next long term Broncos captain.

Active Now

• Footy Fanatic
  • broncoscope
  • Broncosgirl
  • TimWhatley
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Santa
  • RolledOates
  • lynx000
  • theshed
  • Skathen
  • mrslong
  • BroncosAlways
  • Wild Horse
  • Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.