Raiders Vs. Broncos *SPOILER*

B

bigjim

BRL Player
Mar 25, 2008
Astroboy said:
bigjim said:
What can I say?
I felt like shit yesterday going down to the Cowboys by 16. I can't begin to know how you guys must feel and don't ever want to.

Surely you must remember when you were the Seagulls?

Different team, different managers, different time. And the Seagulls were never a Gold Coast team, that's why they failed.
But I digress, we weren't the ones thumbed 56 to nil. Everybody talks about whose missing from the team, but just look who's on the field. That team should and could beat anybody. The Bronco's problem is their coach. He may know how to coach the game but he doesn't know how to motivate the players. They have the talent, the just don't have the will to please him. It almost like they want to prove a point to the bosses.

A

Astroboy

QCup Player
Mar 31, 2008
bigjim said:
Astroboy said:
bigjim said:
What can I say?
I felt like shit yesterday going down to the Cowboys by 16. I can't begin to know how you guys must feel and don't ever want to.

Surely you must remember when you were the Seagulls?

Different team, different managers, different time. And the Seagulls were never a Gold Coast team, that's why they failed.
But I digress, we weren't the ones thumbed 56 to nil. Everybody talks about whose missing from the team, but just look who's on the field. That team should and could beat anybody. The Bronco's problem is their coach. He may know how to coach the game but he doesn't know how to motivate the players. They have the talent, the just don't have the will to please him. It almost like they want to prove a point to the bosses.

Agreed, Bennett being driven out of town was the crappest thing to ever happen to the Broncos. But there must be something going on with the players too. Wearing that Broncos jersey should be more than enough to motivate any player, irrespective of what the coach says or does by way of motivation. But to this lot, it don't mean jack shit at the moment.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
It is going to be a long few years for the Broncos by the looks of it. I expect a thousand changes for the next game also.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Beads6 said:
It is going to be a long few years for the Broncos by the looks of it. I expect a thousand changes for the next game also.

we have said that before, only for an unchanged team to be named... Henjak did look disgusted tonight and i hope that game was rock bottom for us.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Foordy said:
Beads6 said:

we have said that before, only for an unchanged team to be named... Henjak did look disgusted tonight and i hope that game was rock bottom for us.

rock bottome it has to be that is by far the worst loss in the clubs history. We have a top 8 sid ebut played like wooden spooners. I would be happy enough to see the under 20's side play first grade next week. Heads must roll starting at the top. Clubs rot at the core first and foremost and the coach must be let go immediately.

Playboy Bunny

Playboy Bunny

NRL Player
Mar 8, 2008
Scott's brother is a Raiders supporter and asked me to post an Up the Raiders!!! But I told him I wouldn't.

G

Guvnor

BRL Player
Jan 13, 2009
Even when we lost under WB the team at least tried.

The players obviously don't want to play for Kojak (who should never have been given the job to begin with).Kojak should do the honorable thing and hand in his resignation first thing Monday.

Pathetic performance.

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
Man...what a pathetic performance. I was disgusted after the Rabbitohs loss, heartened after the Titans loss, I am now suicidal after the Raiders loss...

Hunt offered nothing at half back, I swear he was practicing his marks. Hoffman had a pretty rough game at the back. I was encouraged by our defense betwen the 11th minute and the 39th minute, thought there was some character there, but boy did the gates open in the second half!

Hodges was given no room to move, and Lockyer looked to be about the only one trying. Where did Clinton go? Was he injured? So many questions, with very few answers. Don't really see what we can do as far as playing personnel to improve the team, hopefully we get more injured players back next week.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Is it true that Michaels got dragged???

T

tryhard

NYC Player
Jan 24, 2009
I only hope they were put on the bus to make the trek home as Bennett did in the past when they showed such a dismal performance.
Sadly in our team of young kids we do have some very good players who are being used in the wrong way and not being shown the way correctly.

Many of you were saying last year how excited you were about this year 09 on this very forum.

The writing was on the wall in 2008 as to what this year would bring when firstly Bennett was going and Bruno sucked up waiting on Bellamy and settled on the left overs. Sitting watching five players who were making it to be the best this year let go one by one and I for one sat shaking my head in dismay. Spending so much money on one player to lose so many. The player is now on the sidelines and look how great those players WB bought through and built up are going. Looking down the barrel at a GF in both teams they went to.

I do not know why you are all so surprised. Bruno has in the past years wanted to run this club solely but unfortunately along the way the selfish Pr*** has turned our once mighty club into a total embarrassment. On and off the field.
All the talk of how great we were at the start of the season is a joke as well as we were never great. Average and very lucky to scrape in the wins we did get.

The sad thing is, next year can only get worse.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Fozz said:
Mister Wright said:
Where did Clinton go? Was he injured? k.

Ankle injury. Not sure when though.

He was injured in the first half , well so it says in the Sunday Mail.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
They mentioned Clinton getting an injury during the coverage.

B

broncosil

QCup Player
Mar 31, 2008
End of the day, our backs were not the problem (well not the biggest). Our forwards have to be the biggest bunch of softcocks ever to put on a footy jersey.

B

bigjim

BRL Player
Mar 25, 2008
I think it's no coincidence that the Bulldogs are playing so well when you look at the players they gained this year and from where. Makes you think.
I said this last week, they will bounce back. I, for one will not rule them out. As Ivan said, they can't play any worse. It must be all uphill from here.
I predict the following;
Sharks - win
Panthers - win
Dragons - loss - sorry
Cowboys - win
Canberra - win by 3 tries or more.

Your biggest danger game is the Cowboys and I so hope you thump them.

4 of the the last 5, that's enough.

B

broncoangel

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
I'm speechless :(
Ok so we have hit rock bottom. How is it going to be uphill from here? Especially if nothing changes? If they put in that sort of effort last night, what is going to make them any more motivated next week?
Are they embarrassed?

The broncos that we know are gone, and for the life of me I have no idea how they are going to come back :(

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Joel Clinton is out for weeks, just reported on the footy show.

Unread

Active Now

• Bronx48
  • Wolfie
  • mitch222
  • RodF
  • broncs30
  • Galah
  • Battler
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Midean
  • Organix
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Strop
  • Browny
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Allo
  • Bucking Beads
  • winslow_wong
  • Brocko
  • lynx000
... and 42 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.