Rank every bottom 8 teams recruitment

Still can’t get over how under rated our recruitment for next year is reported, Quality over quantity. We have xfactor pieces all over the park they just need some guidance on the field. Insert Reynolds and capewell.

yes please!

Top 4 smokey.
If we signed a genuine fullback or hooker maybe.

We're still once piece away imo. I mean look how long it took the Panthers to get their shit together to become a genuine contender. A premiership 8 years in the making.

Bulldogs supporters are in for a hell of a ride next season.
Of severely underwhelming results… I wouldn’t but into their success next year there spine is horrendous and their culture will be putrid

Of severely underwhelming results… I wouldn’t but into their success next year there spine is horrendous and their culture will be putrid
And, they have Trent.

If it came to keeping cobbo vs coates (which it would likely have come down to if coates resigned), my vote is cobbo. I know coates is faster but cobbo has a wider range of skills, capable of filling more spots and is more involved and runs harder (particularly those hard early hit ups).

Damn right !
Selwyn can be a star with some luck and the right coaching . Xavier has already peaked IMO .
Xavier can jump high and run fast . But ,,, can`t bust a tackle or step a man , can`t bring the ball to the ground when he jumps and makes poor decisions in defence .
Selwyn can beat his man , make more post contact metres and is a very good defender . Big advantage .

Damn right !
Selwyn can be a star with some luck and the right coaching . Xavier has already peaked IMO .
Xavier can jump high and run fast . But ,,, can`t bust a tackle or step a man , can`t bring the ball to the ground when he jumps and makes poor decisions in defence .
Selwyn can beat his man , make more post contact metres and is a very good defender . Big advantage .

Cobbo looks an out and out superstar in the making, no doubt there I think. Its a bit early to make that call on Coates though. He's still very young, has come through two years in an awful Seibold system and looked to be very much improving toward the end of the season. Under Bellamy he'll also become a genuine gun. I think many people forget just how young he is still.

Cobbo looks an out and out superstar in the making, no doubt there I think. Its a bit early to make that call on Coates though. He's still very young, has come through two years in an awful Seibold system and looked to be very much improving toward the end of the season. Under Bellamy he'll also become a genuine gun. I think many people forget just how young he is still.

By Xaxiers age catching the ball , post contact metres and beating a man should be ingrained and 2nd nature . I doubt even the great Craig Bellamy can teach him now .

By Xaxiers age catching the ball , post contact metres and beating a man should be ingrained and 2nd nature . I doubt even the great Craig Bellamy can teach him now .

We will see in the next year or two.

We will see in the next year or two.
Will be a real interesting subplot next year to see what happens with Coates. Does Bellamy still have the magic dust to sprinkle on the likes of Coates when the cultural foundations set by Cronk, Slater and Smith are starting to fade and the new brigade like Munster and Smith not setting the same standard...

Jennings and R Smith had a lower base than Coates but they certainly didn't scare the opposition during the season. With no JAC and Hynes, will be some pressure on Coates and Meaney to hit the ground running.

Will be a real interesting subplot next year to see what happens with Coates. Does Bellamy still have the magic dust to sprinkle on the likes of Coates when the cultural foundations set by Cronk, Slater and Smith are starting to fade and the new brigade like Munster and Smith not setting the same standard...

Jennings and R Smith had a lower base than Coates but they certainly didn't scare the opposition during the season. With no JAC and Hynes, will be some pressure on Coates and Meaney to hit the ground running.
Storm will be fine and Coates will have a simple and well defined role which he will be well drilled for.

I have no doubts Storm and Coates will be successful. The real worries don’t start for them until post Craig.

Coates seems like a lovely kid, but his lack of game awareness and the simple, fundamental rules of RL is truly mind blowing.

Despite the fact he should know them by now, if he can’t learn them, and fast, I doubt Bellamy will have the patience to persevere with him, no matter how raw his talent may be.

Storm will be fine and Coates will have a simple and well defined role which he will be well drilled for.

I have no doubts Storm and Coates will be successful. The real worries don’t start for them until post Craig.
Coates, unlike previous seasons, will have detailed gameplans drilled into his skull on a weekly basis by Bellyache (probably covering him in saliva in the process).

I don't think Coates will turn into JAC2.0, but I think we'll see a lot more of the player that got us excited when he first came onto the scene. He'll be fine.

Coates seems like a lovely kid, but his lack of game awareness and the simple, fundamental rules of RL is truly mind blowing.

Despite the fact he should know them by now, if he can’t learn them, and fast, I doubt Bellamy will have the patience to persevere with him, no matter how raw his talent may be.

I genuinely think a lot of people are underestimating how stunted a lot of these kids are from the Seibold monstrosity. You saw it at the backend of the year, they all suddenly seemed to know how to play league again.

I genuinely think a lot of people are underestimating how stunted a lot of these kids are from the Seibold monstrosity. You saw it at the backend of the year, they all suddenly seemed to know how to play league again.
Not Coates.

Late in the season, I vividly remember he butchered a kick-off that was sailing close to the sideline. All he had to do was touch it, not even catch it.

He didn’t know the rule and he cocked it up. Instead of us getting a penalty on half way, the opposition got a scrum close to our line (or maybe it was an in-play kick, I can’t recall, I just remember I was angry). It was at a pivotal time in the game too.

That’s not the first time either. He just seems totally devoid of that fundamental understanding for the game that he should have known since he was about 14.

That’s on Coates, not Seibold.

Not Coates.

Late in the season, I vividly remember he butchered a kick-off that was sailing close to the sideline. All he had to do was touch it, not even catch it.

He didn’t know the rule and he cocked it up. Instead of us getting a penalty on half way, the opposition got a scrum close to our line (or maybe it was an in-play kick, I can’t recall, I just remember I was angry). It was at a pivotal time in the game too.

That’s not the first time either. He just seems totally devoid of that fundamental understanding for the game that he should have known since he was about 14.

That’s on Coates, not Seibold.

That describes a few of our players - Isaako in particular similarly seems to lack a football brain and makes weird choices at the worst times, and in general there seems to be a bit of general common sense missing amongst a lot of the younger guys. Might be a reflection on recruiting for athleticism first, second, and third....

That’s true that back end everything just came easier and they played well again

Active Now

• Manlyman
  • thenry
  • bert_lifts
  • davidp
  • The Don
  • Johnny92
  • Broncosgirl
  • Financeguy
  • Battler
  • Broncorob
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Manofoneway
  • mieko
  • Sproj
  • Swordfish
  • PETERN
  • BroncoFan94
  • heartly87
  • Foordy
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.