Rank every bottom 8 teams recruitment

Late in the season, I vividly remember he butchered a kick-off that was sailing close to the sideline. All he had to do was touch it, not even catch it.
I remember him trying to put his leg back to touch the dead ball line which was way further back than he thought it was, causing him to drop the ball. Then in one of his last games he did the exact opposite, dead ball line was centimetres behind him and he didn't reach back.

Was it one of these?

I remember him trying to put his leg back to touch the dead ball line which was way further back than he thought it was, causing him to drop the ball. Then in one of his last games he did the exact opposite, dead ball line was centimetres behind him and he didn't reach back.

Was it one of these?
Yeh, that sounds familiar.

One of his numerous SMH moments during the season.

Can't be worse than kahu. Played multiple seasons in first grade and catches a a drop out before it went 10 metres and thinking he scored a try.

Then the next week, being a dickhead, faking to catch another ball that wasnt going 10m only for it to bounce and hit him anyway.

Cows/Tigers are locks for the spoon. Particularly the Tigers, they were shit this year and they've barely bought anyone into that side that says to me they won't be shit again. At least the Cows have a few players that can dominate on their day.

Bulldogs have bought well but Trent Barrett has still got to prove himself as an NRL coach

Coates, unlike previous seasons, will have detailed gameplans drilled into his skull on a weekly basis by Bellyache (probably covering him in saliva in the process).

I don't think Coates will turn into JAC2.0, but I think we'll see a lot more of the player that got us excited when he first came onto the scene. He'll be fine.

I agree with that, anyone saying Coates has peaked and has nothing more to offer.. well they're clearly bitter about him leaving

By Xaxiers age catching the ball , post contact metres and beating a man should be ingrained and 2nd nature . I doubt even the great Craig Bellamy can teach him now .
You don't believe a 20yr old can be taught, and improve?

Wow, how bitter are you?

I agree with that, anyone saying Coates has peaked and has nothing more to offer.. well they're clearly bitter about him leaving
Whilst I can’t speak for everyone else, I wasn’t happy about him leaving at the start of the season, but by the end I was more than happy we didn’t take the risk on another ‘project’ player in need of a lot of work.

Unfortunately, we aren’t the club we used to be and we don’t have the stability like the Storm do to take that risk.

Aside from running Gagai down, what were some of his other (positive) memorable moments in the back half of the season?

You don't believe a 20yr old can be taught, and improve?

Wow, how bitter are you?

No , I said I thought he had already peaked .
Not bitter at all . Over rated .

Normally playing Origin lifts players to another level . I think Xavier regressed . So did Kevvie judging by Xaviers mid season holiday .

Looks like Tarzan . Plays like Jane .

Whilst I can’t speak for everyone else, I wasn’t happy about him leaving at the start of the season, but by the end I was more than happy we didn’t take the risk on another ‘project’ player in need of a lot of work.

Unfortunately, we aren’t the club we used to be and we don’t have the stability like the Storm do to take that risk.

Aside from running Gagai down, what were some of his other (positive) memorable moments in the back half of the season?

He wasn't a stand out performer by any stretch but anyone who knows the game can see there is a hell of a player there, it's just going to take some development for him to get there.

I reckon he will but we aren't a club in a position to pay more than we need to for wingers, we made the right call but at some point.. yeah, it's going to suck.

Normally playing Origin lifts players to another level . I think Xavier regressed . So did Kevvie judging by Xaviers mid season holiday .

They rarely come into Origin at that age and dominate consistently, it's called development and it takes time.

He is only 20 years old, you'd have to be a fool to not think he will improve with time. I'd be as happy as any other Bronco fan if he didn't improve at all as that would be a masterstroke in the recruitment department but that's highly unlikely, he's a good player but we just aren't in the position to upgrade wingers.

When you peak, that means you're at the pinnacle, no further progression. Xavier has always done what he was doing this year, people just didn't mention/notice it.

He will drastically improve under Bellamy. First thing they will do is spend the off season teaching him how to actually catch and utilize his jump. I don't recall seeing anything about KW bringing in AFL players to assist him with that.

When you peak, that means you're at the pinnacle, no further progression. Xavier has always done what he was doing this year, people just didn't mention/notice it.

He will drastically improve under Bellamy. First thing they will do is spend the off season teaching him how to actually catch and utilize his jump. I don't recall seeing anything about KW bringing in AFL players to assist him with that.
Melbourne use a compressed defensive structure too so he won’t have to learn to stay on the wing

Thanks for defining that word for me ...

Eye hand co ordination is learnt in child hood .What is an AFL player gonna tell him ? Hold onto the ball after you jump to catch it . FFS ! I only coached U/ 10s AFL and I could tell him that .

Bellamy will have him in reserve grade . lol .

They rarely come into Origin at that age and dominate consistently, it's called development and it takes time.

He is only 20 years old, you'd have to be a fool to not think he will improve with time. I'd be as happy as any other Bronco fan if he didn't improve at all as that would be a masterstroke in the recruitment department but that's highly unlikely, he's a good player but we just aren't in the position to upgrade wingers.

Beating a man , catching the ball and post contact metres should be 2nd nature for a NRL 1st grade winger .
He is weak in all those departments . I don`t see them improving .

Big and fast are in his favour . Football smarts and killer instinct sadly lacking .

Thanks for defining that word for me ...

Eye hand co ordination is learnt in child hood .What is an AFL player gonna tell him ? Hold onto the ball after you jump to catch it . FFS ! I only coached U/ 10s AFL and I could tell him that .

Bellamy will have him in reserve grade . lol .
You are special.

Australian cricket team has a fielding coach. Is that pointless, because it should have been learned in child hood?

Your posting reminds me of a facebook comments section.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • azza.79
  • Battler
  • Jazza
  • Santa
  • Lurker
  • Ozired
  • ChewThePhatt
  • leon.bott
  • Johnny92
  • Bucking Beads
  • Culhwch
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • FACTHUNT
  • Foordy
  • Allo
  • Xzei
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.