Rd25, Broncos vs Cowboys - Build up thread

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Hopefully Bowen is out, that would make a thrashing all the more likely.
IMO we're peaking at the perfect time to give the finals a real shake.

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
Apparently Graham is injured as well.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
It won't matter who the Cowboys send out to play. The Broncos train is well and truly on the way.

H

Hatchy

NRL Player
Mar 25, 2008
Now all we need is for JT to get injured [icon_shady

But I agree, Falou will get straight back into the side no questions asked, and with Clinton back we would have a great bench side: Setu
Sims
Te'o
Clinton.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
I hope you're wring about Ash Graham if he is playing then I should be an easy night for the broncos if he's not then that's a positive for the cowboys.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
A BRAVE Matt Bowen has vowed to return to the NRL despite learning his right knee will require similar radical surgery to that which wrecked his 2008 season.

The quicksilver fullback has been below his best in recent weeks - largely because the cartilage in the joint has degenerated to the same point his left knee did last year.

Bowen limped from the field in the Cowboys' 32-26 loss to the Knights on Saturday night after aggravating a strain in his left knee early in the game.

That injury is a result of him favouring the repaired joint to spare any further damage on the right.

The club is expected to rush him into surgery in the post-season for a matrix-induced autologous chondrocyte implant operation which would rule him out until at least July next year.

The procedure involves having cartilage grown on a matrix to be inserted into the knee and would leave him
immobile for 10 weeks and unable to play football for 10 months.

http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/ar ... _news.html

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Yeah, sorry Matty, but looks like your career is over. Even if he does make it back, he won't be effective again with two dodgy knees. Sad for him.

This is actually a danger game for the Broncos now. A win and our finals spot is assured, and you'd think against a misfiring Cowboys it'd be easy. But they'd be pissed about missing the finals and would see beating the Broncos as a chance to **** someone else's hopes up.

However, if the Broncos turn up with the same attitude and commitment they rolled into Wollongong with, they'll win.

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
Yeh I agree Coxy. Having Bowen missing I think also somewhat lessens the danger of Thurston as well. If we match them or get over them in the forwards I think we will win.

Professor47

Professor47

NRL Player
Mar 5, 2008
We should win - simple as that. We have the team to do it and Bowen is injured. No real excuses IMO unless JT manages to have the game of his life - even then I think the cows would fall short anyway.

We should have the resolve to grind it out again if necessary - and if we are serious about 2009.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
Feck, really hope this isn't the beginning of the end for Matt Bowen.

E

Emma

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
They turn up with half the attitude they played with on Friday and they win. Having said that though, I would like them to turn up with at least the same attitude, if not more. Was great to see them grind out a victory against the dragons, which I can't really recall them having done all year, but I'd love to see them get both their defence and attack right in the one game. They scored a zillion points against the panthers, but they still let in a few soft tries. They held the dragons tryless, but didn't score many themselves. I'd like to see both of those efforts put together.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
The second half against Penrith and the whole game against the Dragons was absolutely ruthless.

If we can put another ruthless 80 on the Cowboys then it'll be a) bugger all points against us and b) truck load of points in our favour.

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
The forward battle should be a cracker. The cowboys forward pack is the form pack of the competition, but ours has really stood up the last 2 games. Unfortunately for the cowboys, their forward pack is the only thing firing on all cylinders. We should win comfortably.

E

Emma

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Anonymous person said:
The forward battle should be a cracker. The cowboys forward pack is the form pack of the competition, but ours has really stood up the last 2 games. Unfortunately for the cowboys, their forward pack is the only thing firing on all cylinders. We should win comfortably.
[eusa_eh Really?

B

broncosil

QCup Player
Mar 31, 2008
If they had the form pack of the comp they would be a hell of a lot higher. I believe it is their forward pack that lets them down so much. Tronc and Webb are pretty much useless.

Unread

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • Midean
  • Battler
  • Waynesaurus
  • Brocko
  • ezpz
  • winslow_wong
  • Harry Sack
  • Browny
  • MrMoore
  • broncsgoat
  • bert_lifts
  • Culhwch
  • Porthoz
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Allo
  • Jazza
  • LGH
  • Dash
  • Mr Fourex
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.