Rd25, Broncos vs Cowboys - Build up thread

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
broncosil said:
If they had the form pack of the comp they would be a hell of a lot higher. I believe it is their forward pack that lets them down so much. Tronc and Webb are pretty much useless.
Having the form pack means that they're the best forward pack on current form - it doesn't mean that they've got the best forward pack on paper or over the whole year. It just means what it says - on form, theyre the best going around at the moment, and if you've watched any of their last half a dozen games youd see why I'm saying it.

Also, having your forward pack dominating doesn't stop the backs from knocking on, throwing forward passes, or missing tackles - and thats been the cowboys downfall over the last month or 2.

Tronc should be one of the first forwards picked for the Australian team, thats how good hes going. He can offload almost at will, makes 10-15m nearly every ruck, and makes a lot of tackles.

i know you guys hate stats because 'they dont tell the whole story', but think about this:

Tronc has made:
339 runs
2611 running metres
260 hitups
41 offloads
632 tackles

Look at some of the other top props:

Watmough:
314 runs
2736 running metres
176 hitups
51 offloads
486 tackles

Thaiday:
247 runs
1760 running metres
176 hitups
11 offloads
556 tackles

Weyman:
240 runs
2043 running metres
196 hitups
13 offloads
408 tackles

Poore:
234 runs
1913 running metres
178 hitups
4 offloads
500 tackles

They've all played about the same number of games, give or take 1-4. Price and Civo have only played 14 and 12 respectively, so comparing stats isnt really that useful. Also, both of their teams will probably miss the finals, meaning they havent played for a while. Civos will have been injured for a few months too.

If he wasn't leaving he would be a deadset certainty for the Maroons next year if he kept going at this pace :(

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
Well thaidays spent a lot of time in the prop forward position, as has watmough iirc.

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Anonymous person said:
Well thaidays spent a lot of time in the prop forward position, as has watmough iirc.

[icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

fat-straws.jpg

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
Jeba said:
Anonymous person said:

[icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.
like it or not, he has icon_thumbs_u. He's also listed on NRL.com as a Prop, and in all the team lists from previous years as, you guessed it, a prop. [icon_wink

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Why the **** can't I see laughing emotions when I use Firefox? Anyone else have this problem, it's annoying sick of seeing empty posts!

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
broncospwn said:
Why the **** can't I see laughing emotions when I use Firefox? Anyone else have this problem, it's annoying sick of seeing empty posts!

I can see them and i am using Firefox.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Stop shaking your leg and they may appear. They are scared of bdass.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
really? Must be an addon which is stuffing it up :S

Steve

Steve

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
I'm feeling pretty confident going into this game. Nth Qld are faltering at the wrong end of the season. That loss against Newcastle was a disaster and would have sapped their confidence. Our team on the other hand is hitting form when it matters. We always get really good support in Townsville. The crowd isn't partisan for this derby.

Flying up to Townsville on Friday morning, can't wait!

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Izzy Back For Broncs
Trad McLean
Bronco Media
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
ISRAEL Folau has been injected straight back into the WOW Brisbane Broncos side for Friday's Queensland Derby with the Cowboys.

Folau has been missing since round 17 with a fractured ankle, but some light running early this week has convinced coach Ivan Henjak to name him in the team announced this afternoon.

While he will have to prove his fitness at training later this week, Folau has been chosen at centre, with Ben Te'o returning to the bench after filling in there last week.

Alex Glenn and Joel Clinton also come back from injury into the 19-man squad.

Glenn missed last week's gutsy win over the Dragons with an ankle sprain, while Clinton returns in jersey no.19 from three weeks out with a similar complaint.

Guy Williams misses out and will play in the Queensland Cup semi-finals for the Central Comets.

The Broncos must win against the Cowboys in Townsville to confirm their place in the 2009 NRL finals.

team to play North Queensland at Dairy Farmers Stadium, Fridaqy August 28 at 7.30pm:
1. Karmichael Hunt
2. Antonio Winterstein
3. Israel Folau
4. Justin Hodges
5. Jharal Yow Yeh
6. Darren Lockyer (c)
7. Peter Wallace
8. Nick Kenny
9. Andrew McCullough
10. David Taylor
11. Tonie Carroll
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Corey Parker
Reserves:
14. Lagi Setu
15. Ben Te'o
16. Alex Glenn
17. Ashton Sims
18. Josh McGuire
19. Joel Clinton

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Folau at centre. I like it.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
love that side but from the bench who drops...

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
I'm a little worried about Folau playing on the left, but honestly, he should be able to adjust to it fairly quickly. It's not like he has a huge right foot step, or a fend or anything. He just uses his strength most of the time, which shouldn't matter which side you play on. Hopefully this doesn't take out the aerial bombs for him either.

Active Now

• Fozz
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • ezpz
  • Jazza
  • Harry Sack
  • Santa
  • Browny
  • Alec
  • phoenix
  • Wolfie
  • Aldo
  • Manofoneway
  • lynx000
  • Galah
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Bucking Beads
  • Waynesaurus
  • Dash
  • Johnny92
  • Mightybroncs2k17
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.