Rd25, Broncos vs Cowboys - Build up thread

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Alec said:
I'm a little worried about Folau playing on the left, but honestly, he should be able to adjust to it fairly quickly. It's not like he has a huge right foot step, or a fend or anything. He just uses his strength most of the time, which shouldn't matter which side you play on. Hopefully this doesn't take out the aerial bombs for him either.

I think he will handle it OK, it is different to trying to change sides in an origin game. I love the team but i think we need to drop one of the back rowers of the bench and bring Clinton in. 3 back rowers on the bench is too many IMO and unfortunately for Setu i think he is the one to drop off.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
ok setu drops off still gotta drop one more.. rest glenn 1 more week?

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
I think it was WB who used to say you have to play your best 17, in whatever positions. Folau is a must in the centres. I don't think he has any defensive shortcomings and even if he did, those are outweighed by his enormous attacking potential at centre.

Winterstein will get 4 on Friday night

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
subsbligh said:
I think it was WB who used to say you have to play your best 17, in whatever positions. Folau is a must in the centres. I don't think he has any defensive shortcomings and even if he did, those are outweighed by his enormous attacking potential at centre.

Winterstein will get 4 on Friday night

either that or he will have front row viewing of Folau getting 4 [icon_razz1

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
I'd put Taylor in the back row, Clinton to the front row and have Mcguire and Carroll miss out.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
If Ashley Graham gets picked, he's going to have nightmares on either side he might play. If he plays on the left, he'll be up against Hodges, Thaiday, Te'o and an in form Yow Yeh. And on the right, he'll be against massive blokes like Folau and Taylor. Sucks to be him. Could end up being a fairly good target for us, like Soward or something.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
My only concern with Folau at left centre is defensively with Winterstein. Neither seem particularly good communicators and Folau is an ordinary reader of the play at best.

elyod138

elyod138

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
Cowboys
1. Ty Williams
2. Shannon Hegarty
3. Ashley Graham
4. Willie Tonga
5. Michael Bani
6. Grant Rovelli
7. Johnathan Thurston
8. Shane Tronc
9. Anthony Watts
10. Matthew Scott
11. Carl Webb
12. Scott Bolton
13. Luke O'Donnell

14. Travis Burns
15. Steve Southern
16. Antonio Kaufusi
17. Manase Manuokafoa
18. Steve Rapira
19. Ben Harris

That is probably the poorest team we have named this year, run at Graham and you'll win easily.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
I am guessing that Ty Williams will be peppered with high balls.

elyod138

elyod138

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
Ty should do okay under the high ball, if you want to expose him put in some grubbers, his loss of speed is really evident when he is trying to get to a rolling ball before a chaser does.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Cowboys still have a decent forward pack and with Thurston in the side you can't write them off.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Coxy said:
My only concern with Folau at left centre is defensively with Winterstein. Neither seem particularly good communicators and Folau is an ordinary reader of the play at best.

Can Folau really be any worse than Michaels though??? The cooaching staff gave Michaels near enough to a full season to do well and it just never happened. I'd back Izzy to turn himself into a left centre quite quickly.

M

MIKEY

NRL Player
Jan 15, 2009
mmmmm those cowboys on paper are good ......they will lift for this game.i hope the broncs turn up with the right frame of mind.
reminds me of that time broncos gave newcastle a towelling around about the 70-10 or something like that , then the following we were supposed to dispose of the dragons ..we were hot favourites and we got done 11-4 or something like that
for f--ks sake take them seriously broncs

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
The Rock said:
Beads6 said:
Cowboys still have a decent forward pack and with Thurston in the side you can't write them off.

Meh, they'll get lazy and tired in the 2nd half as usual.

Most likely but we can't afford to get dominated by them for a large portion of the game because JT and Tonga will carve us a new one.

ethos

ethos

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
I honestly think we should drop Carroll (for all his greatest in the past, he only plays about 20 minutes these days) and start with Clinton at prop and Taylor in the second row.

*edit* Just realised Jeb wrote the same thing a few posts up. Great minds..

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
Agree with dropping Carroll off. His job was to help us in a time of need. Now that players are back, surely he should be the first one to go. He & McGuire drop off the bench.

Unread

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  • Culhwch
  • Harry Sack
  • Porthoz
  • Browny
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Allo
  • Jazza
  • Battler
  • LGH
  • Dash
  • Wolfie
  • Mr Fourex
  • Fozz
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • ezpz
  • Santa
  • Alec
  • phoenix
  • Aldo
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.