Rd25, Broncos vs Cowboys - Build up thread

B

Beale

QCup Player
Dec 14, 2008
What lineup would you like to see if Folau, Glenn & Clinton are all available?

Unfortunately I think Yow Yeh is going to be the unfortunate one to make way for Folau even though he has been playing great.

Ideally Folau would be playing left centre with Yow Yeh on the right wing & Glenn off the bench, but definitely cannot see them taking a risk with Folau's defence in the centres especially for his first game back.

I think we will see this:

1. Hunt
2. Winterstein
3. Glenn
4. Hodges
5. Folau
6. Lockyer
7. Wallace
8. Kenny
9. McCullough
10. Taylor
11. Carroll
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Setu
15. Te'o
16. Clinton
17. Sims

C

Chumbason

BRL Player
May 10, 2009
I like that team, but I think no matter what combo we go with, if they play 80 minutes with the same energy and team work as last night... they'll get it done.

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
Yeah that team is ideal, I feel terrible for Yow Yeh because he has done a great job but I wouldn't put Folau into the centres at this time of year after that long out.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Poor Yow Yeh. I really hope Henjak & Co. get Folau into the centres next season to give the team better balance and make room for Yow Yeh in the side.

shadow

shadow

NYC Player
May 9, 2009
i think its even tough moving teo out of the starting side / centres in defence, he was fantastic in defence last night.

B

broncoangel

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
Beads6 said:
Poor Yow Yeh. I really hope Henjak & Co. get Folau into the centres next season to give the team better balance and make room for Yow Yeh in the side.

Exactly - it's a shame cause he deserves to be there, he has been part of the awesome wins in the last couple of weeks.

I'm actually excited about 2010 now lol :mrgreen:

U

uji

QCup Player
Mar 16, 2008
Bugger 2010, i'm excited about 2009 again! Go you good things!

B

bronco_babe77

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
^^ I agree. I say stick with what's working. Remember on 06 when Hodges went to Fullback because of the injured Hunt? He was just playing too well to put Hunt back in there - was a bit of a risk playing the regualr FB somewhere else - but it definately paid off. They will put a lot of pressure on Folau too coming back from injury. But he has to be there.

I also agree that this will be a very tough game. The Cowboys give it to us - especially up in Townsville. But IMO, if they can do what they did last night, they should have no problems. Just can't get complacent though.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
The thing about moving Folau to the centres, is that we'll have to drop another forward instead of Yow Yeh (since Glenn goes back into the pack). And that would be just as difficult, since they've all been going really well too.

I think leaving Yow Yeh out for now is the way to go. Bring him back next year, and move Folau into the centres then.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
I'm not sold on moving Folau to the centres either. I wouldn't have a problem if he is coached properly how to defend there though. Winterstein played in the centres in the Toyota Cup so maybe move him to the left to give Folau some help.

Glenn can take Guy Williams spot and Clinton can replace McGuire.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Folau doesn't have the greatest reading skills in defence, but I think he's easilly more commited to it than Hodges is most of the time. He just needs to work a bit on his reading and technique, and he could potentially be better than Hodges in defence pretty soon IMO.

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
What about Winterstein to the centres to allow Folau & Hoges to remain on the one side?

1. Hunt
2. Yow Yeh
3. Winterstein
4. Hodges
5. Falou
6. Lockyer
7. Wallace
8. Kenny
9. McCullogh
10. Taylor
11. Thaiday
12. T'eo
13. Parker
14. Glenn
15. Clinton
16. Sims
17. Setu
18. Carroll
19. McGuire
20. Williams
21. Hoffman

M

mjc

BRL Player
Jan 14, 2009
I like that team but I can't see Winterstein being moved to the centres at this point of the season...

Unfortunately Yow Yeh is probably going to be the one to miss out... I just hope they keep him happy and find a spot for him in next year's team.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Of course we need Folau, are you people kidding? He's arguably the best winger in the game and one of the best talents around he will walk straight back into the team no questions asked. That is like saying Hodges or Lockyer shouldn't walk back into the team if they were injured and the team was winning well, they would walk back in easily. Yow Yeh has been good but there's no harm in him going back to reserves and waiting for his chance, good things come to those who wait :)

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
broncospwn said:
Of course we need Folau, are you people kidding? He's arguably the best winger in the game and one of the best talents around he will walk straight back into the team no questions asked. That is like saying Hodges or Lockyer shouldn't walk back into the team if they were injured and the team was winning well, they would walk back in easily. Yow Yeh has been good but there's no harm in him going back to reserves and waiting for his chance, good things come to those who wait :)

no-one has said we don't need Folau, we are just debating where we put him in the team, thats all

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
IMO, same team, same game plan, except Clinton and Glenn to the bench.

If any changes, somehow reluctantly, Folau for Yow Yeh.

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
The Cowboys could be without Bowen, he seemed to pick up a knee injury tonight

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • Behind enemy lines
  • whykickamoocow
  • Mr Fourex
  • sooticus
  • Bucking Beads
  • DMZ
  • Wolfie
  • mrslong
  • Rambstien
  • Mister Wright
  • Painin the Haas
  • Xzei
  • Culhwch
  • Fozz
  • winslow_wong
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.