NEWS Reece Walsh sells his soul to Warriors. No big deal.

Honestly we've got enough kids in this team already, we need to spend money on a proven fullback and get guaranteed results. A window is opening up for our team atm where we have alot of young non-spine players that are about to hit their stride. If the club wants to get the best out of this scenario they need some seasoned spine players, not rookies.

Last edited:
I want us to be pro youth. Home grown talent and all. But our salary cap is a mess for backing too many "potential" super stars. I would like to see players at the club want to earn their money. It is the sense of entitlement that has pissed me off. Everybody thinks they're worth a million dollars. Everybody wants money upfront. Nobody wants to earn it. Nobody wants to be patient. I have already said, football is just a chapter in a person's life. I don't think you were meant to make every single dollar you, your parents, siblings, your partner, your future children, your children's children, in 10 years. This isn't the lotto, unless you are Jack Bird.
Ahhh the Jack Bird effect... these kids saw him resting up in the club house getting a cool 975k yearly for doing **** all.
Now they all want the same...including Staggs, he wants Jack Bird money too.
NmM7ZXR

Last edited:
our youth base is way to potent to keep them all with a salary cap, its shit but it's out of our control.

We should sign Rocco Berry from the Warriors. Problem solved.

Isaako cannot be our long-term option. He just isn't anything special, unfortunately.
Nicho Hines, he is the bloke I think that we should try and go after. He would come at a decent $, looks the goods and won't get a shot at the Storm.
But lets face it, The Storm won't let it happen, they're too smart and hate us too much. I'd even chuck in Oates to sweeten the deal..
I don't think Drinkwater would come, nor Manu, but I'd be happy if we offered Manu 600-750k.

Last edited:
All I want to know is when are the Broncos going to stop developing players. How many more cases like this do they need to see before they finally wake up?

Yeah to me this is the key issue. All the talking heads in the media love to gloat at us losing all these gun kids and then wax lyrical about clubs like the Roosters who just poach from everywhere else.

There is literally no benefit to developing talent anymore unless you do what the Storm did and cheat because that is the only way you can keep the talent that you produce. The NRL needs to provide incentives and more than just an extra 200k or whatever for blokes who have been at a club for 10 years. That is nothing in relation to the salary cap.

Yeah to me this is the key issue. All the talking heads in the media love to gloat at us losing all these gun kids and then wax lyrical about clubs like the Roosters who just poach from everywhere else.

There is literally no benefit to developing talent anymore unless you do what the Storm did and cheat because that is the only way you can keep the talent that you produce. The NRL needs to provide incentives and more than just an extra 200k or whatever for blokes who have been at a club for 10 years. That is nothing in relation to the salary cap.
Yep. The absolute glee with which Kent was talking about how smart the Titans are for going after all of our players so that we either lost them or have to pay overs to keep them was completely sickening tbh.

Just stop developing players, I am fucking sick of it. You look at all the clubs at the top of the ladder and they don't, they let others do it and cherry pick the best for the same amount we have to pay to keep potential. Penrith is the obvious exception here but this is the first period it has really worked for them and I am sure this will only last another year or two before the vultures pick off the best of them.

Isaako cannot be our long-term option. He just isn't anything special, unfortunately.
Nicho Hines, he is the bloke I think that we should try and go after. He would come at a decent $, looks the goods and won't get a shot at the Storm.
But lets face it, The Storm won't let it happen, they're too smart and hate us too much. I'd even chuck in Oates to sweeten the deal..
I don't think Drinkwater would come, nor Manu, but I'd be happy if we offered Manu 600-750k.
Nicho Hines I would make a play for, the players are out there, the Broncos just need to be active.

Yep. The absolute glee with which Kent was talking about how smart the Titans are for going after all of our players so that we either lost them or have to pay overs to keep them was completely sickening tbh.

Just stop developing players, I am fucking sick of it. You look at all the clubs at the top of the ladder and they don't, they let others do it and cherry pick the best for the same amount we have to pay to keep potential. Penrith is the obvious exception here but this is the first period it has really worked for them and I am sure this will only last another year or two before the vultures pick off the best of them.
I think I get your point, but you contradict yourself a bit in this post.

You say we should stop developing players because the successful clubs just sit back and cherry pick the best talent from other clubs but then go on to refer to vultures picking apart Penrith in the next year or so, inferring they’re scum / scavengers for doing it.

To be clear, are you saying you want us to be scummy vultures too?

Your not wrong, it was sickening. It's just pure jealousy and hate. That puke Ikin is a bitter little fellow, saying that he is advising Bellache not come here, claims he is a friend of his. I bet when he was applying for the job he presumed that friendship would get him across the line and he was all to happy to claim he could bring him here. It's not going to get any easier for the Broncos to develop talent and keep it, we will have another mooching club right next door to us in another year or so. Oh and if I was the Broncos and the Nrl takes the advice of these two twerps and has there funding cut to spread the money across poor teams then I would halt development, you would just be gushing money with no return.

Oh and don't forget these two idiots where carrying on about the brothers in Manly potentially getting poached and how the NRL needs to do something and then it dawned on them and they said but then the Broncos would be at an unfair advantage. The sooner the NRL puts together a rookie draft the better, and with it a top 3 place holder for the clubs that developed the players. Claim three each year and that is it.

You say we should stop developing players because the successful clubs just sit back and cherry pick the best talent from other clubs but then go on to refer to vultures picking apart Penrith in the next year or so, inferring they’re scum / scavengers for doing it.

Yes. I'm sick of the fucking high road and being the NRL's doormat.

I am close to saying that. We need to be closer to the vultures then we have been. There is a reason why we haven't won anything since 2006 and one of them is our development pathway developed in 08.

Bulldogs and Tigpies have already started.

Laurie gone to Tigers this year
Burton to Bulldogs next year

Meh. Good luck to him and the Warriors. If they knew how good BHQ was at predicting good juniors, they would have probably never touched him.
**** the Warriors. **** them all to hell.

Active Now

• Rambstien
  • Harry Sack
  • Big Del
  • broncsgoat
  • Foordy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Skathen
  • Justwin
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Xzei
  • mystico
  • BroncosAlways
  • Broncosgirl
  • lynx000
  • broncoscope
  • Sproj
  • Bish
  • Mr Fourex
  • Johnny92
  • Broncorob
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.