NEWS Reece Walsh sells his soul to Warriors. No big deal.

Bird was a luxury buy and what happened to him was incredibly unfortunate. Paid too much money. Everybody knew that, but Bennett wanted him as an x factor. Jury is still out on Lodge. Too many injuries so far, wasn't proven when he came to Broncos. Boyd...please. Barba was recruited by Griffin? to play 5/8. He won the Dally M as a fullback. I think it has become very clear now that not everybody is a Darren Lockyer. Ben Barba was proven at fullback. Not 5/8

Badel either agree's with @Sproj or has been reading BHQ to get his figures.

also says it is one of the richest deals in NRL history for an uncapped teenager

Bird was a luxury buy and what happened to him was incredibly unfortunate. Paid too much money. Everybody knew that, but Bennett wanted him as an x factor. Jury is still out on Lodge. Too many injuries so far, wasn't proven when he came to Broncos. Boyd...please. Barba was recruited by Griffin? to play 5/8. He won the Dally M as a fullback. I think it has become very clear now that not everybody is a Darren Lockyer. Ben Barba was proven at fullback. Not 5/8
Barba was brought as a fullback with the idea that Milford would be released early to play five eighth on compassionate grounds. It didn't happen, so Kahu was set to be the five eighth but he did his knee right before the season started so Hook tossed his hands up and threw Hoffman in there.

I want us to be pro youth. Home grown talent and all. But our salary cap is a mess for backing too many "potential" super stars. I would like to see players at the club want to earn their money. It is the sense of entitlement that has pissed me off. Everybody thinks they're worth a million dollars. Everybody wants money upfront. Nobody wants to earn it. Nobody wants to be patient. I have already said, football is just a chapter in a person's life. I don't think you were meant to make every single dollar you, your parents, siblings, your partner, your future children, your children's children, in 10 years. This isn't the lotto, unless you are Jack Bird.

I'm confident that Kev would have encouraged Walsh to take this opportunity. It's only 2 years.

We need to spend our next 2 years cap on experience and tried and true talent, not more untested youth.

Smart play by Kev, knowing that Walsh will wanna come home if he gets good.

I'm confident that Kev would have encouraged Walsh to take this opportunity. It's only 2 years.

We need to spend our next 2 years cap on experience and tried and true talent, not more untested youth.

Its 3 years starting in 2022.

So maybe he'll want to go back for NRL Season in 2026.

Hopefully Kevvie learnt mathematics.

Last edited:

Lol what?

Lol what?
Sock Puppets GIF by Your Happy Workplace

Why spend big money on someone whos done nothing. Let the warriors take the risk, don't burn bridges.

Last edited:
Why is there another thread? Could this not just have been added to the other one already going or should we just pad out post counts?

Its 3 years starting in 2022.

So maybe he'll want to go back for NRL Season in 2026.

Hopefully Kevvie learnt mathematics.
Wow, the New Zealand education system really is as bad as they say.

Wow, the New Zealand education system really is as bad as they say.
Maybe the kiwis thought they were doing $500k over 3yrs, but actually they've gone $5M over 3yrs and we've been Fifita'd again!!

I doubt 500k is the figure, it is likely 450. And yes, I do think a 100k less would be enough as he can play for the club he wants to play for and not have to leave home. This isn't a ridiculous Titans offer here that is 4-500k more than anyone would even think about offering.

Going by reports we did offer him 100k less, and he still left. His mother is a Kiwi and he wants to get in touch with the New Zealand culture.

He was gone as soon as they came knocking.

Going by reports we did offer him 100k less, and he still left. His mother is a Kiwi and he wants to get in touch with the New Zealand culture.

Maybe, I don't buy it. But not going to argue it either. Losing him is a bummer but not the end of the world.

I imagine it’s more to do with opportunity. We started with isaako despite having Walsh. He knows that there’s no one else in the warriors side to replace RTS, so he is all but guaranteed first crack at the fullback spot.

I haven’t seen enough of him to comment. He did seem good in the trials, and maybe this is another one that got away, but if we needed to spend about $500k to keep him, I’m glad we letting go because we really do need some experience in the club.

all I hope is that our 2022 squad is a lot better than if currently is.

Active Now

• Battler
  • Broncorob
  • kman
  • Canga
  • Allo
  • Rambstien
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.