Reffing

No it was really quite confusing...You'd have to see the footage I guess. But he kept calling it after burt was tackled as well....

Fair enough. Can argue it was confusing communication from the ref. Happens a bit. Very frustrating when they aren't clear with their calls and instructions.

No it was really quite confusing...You'd have to see the footage I guess. But he kept calling it after burt was tackled as well....

I disagree. I saw this on NRL on Fox last night and to me it was still clear as day that it was the last tackle. The way the ref was yelling made it obvious - no excuses, Burt was a moron as has been previously stated (probably not just in this thread either lol)

:haha: There is no denying Burt is a moron. However, I thought it was terrible reffing. That is all.

I was about to say, bad call or not, he's still a moron.

Can you tell me which tries you are talking about? I just watched the tries again to see and the only questionable one is the forward pass from Issac Luke, however I saw Jamie Soward throw an identical ball on Monday (around 3 minute mark, wasn't for a try though) and not a word about it being forward. Plus Inglis could have been penalised for walking off the mark in the lead up to his try that took it too golden point.

Roosters got away with their fair share as well. SKD tackling Inglis in the air, he never attempted to go for the ball. Forward passes missed (for both teams) 17th minute Friend passes a ball further forward than Issac Luke's pass that leads to a try. You could even call Pearces pass to SKD try close to forward (we know those have been called up before). The 29th mark, Symonds comes through the play the ball and knocks the ball out of Pettybourne's hands with his knee, ref rules loose carry and Pettybourne blows up and Roosters get the penalty. I could find more from this match and just as many from the weekend's matches.

Maybe you should watch the match again and go through and count the mistakes by the refs and realise both teams got some tough calls. Yet, this happens in every game and depending on your bias/hatred for a team you will see more than others.
Not disagreeing with you, the refs were crap both ways on pretty much all games this weekend, but in the chooks case, 2 mistakes (Luke blatant fwd pass, GI walking a fair bit off the mark leading up to his try as you said yourself) led to 2 tries, which in such a tight game, led to a defeat for the team that deserved to win imo. And it's not really bias, since I dislike both teams equally strongly!:cheesy:

What part of 5th tackle didn't he understand.

He got tackled so it was then a handover.

Burt should have either kicked it dead or run it dead

Active Now

• Behind enemy lines
  • Foordy
  • Wolfie
  • Broncosgirl
  • Griffo
  • Nerd
  • Bucking Beads
  • ChewThePhatt
  • phoenix
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Big Del
  • Old Mate
  • Swordfish
  • Fitzy
  • mieko
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Culhwch
  • mrslong
  • Alec
  • Xzei
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.