Remember this?

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
478661-fletcher-origin-hand-grenade.jpg

Let it sink it...The hand grenade

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl ... 5887478080

QLD players have more class than that, thats why they wont do any post try celebrations. they have effectively died off anyway

Yes, class. Something a fibro west sydney bogan tosser like you would not understand. Go have another kebab, loser :-p

LOLZ, a cockroach casting aspersions on a Queenslander!

I love this picture accompanied by this comment from that article.

477311-fletcher-origin-hand-grenade.jpg

This is a perfect example of the pathetic NSW fans look at the empty seats in the background and this in a game they won 56-16 and 3-0 so what hope do they have of anyone turning up on wednesday shame shame shame time to move it to Brisbane it would sell out in under an hour like the first one did and every game does. I went online at 9:10am the day game one tickets went on sale and could not get two seats together for me and my son thus we missed out and now cockaroach socalled supporters are selling tickets for a pittance what a disgrace

Is there any youtube clips of that?
I hope we smash them 50+

QLD would never do that to their opponents! I'm glad that is being used as motivation for the series whitewash prospect. That game, and that particular part of it, will always be etched into my memories.

i, for one, dont blame them for doing it. origin is always a tough match, and to annihilate the other team like that is reason to celebrate. id love nothing more than for QLD to smash the blues on wednesday and lob grenades after each one, rub it in

I wouldn't like my team to do it tbh, I like to retain a certain level of humility in victory. That said, it's not beyond QLD or any other sporting team for that matter.

I love post try celebrations. I wish teams would start doing it again.

broncospwn said:
I love post try celebrations. I wish teams would start doing it again.

my favourite one that i saw was.

Piggy Riddell (playing for the Dragons), scores a try, jumps the fence, takes a seat in the front row and applauds himself.

i didn't mind it from club teams, but rep footy is a different class

ningnangnong said:

This is a perfect example of the pathetic NSW fans look at the empty seats in the background and this in a game they won 56-16 and 3-0 so what hope do they have of anyone turning up on wednesday shame shame shame time to move it to Brisbane it would sell out in under an hour like the first one did and every game does. I went online at 9:10am the day game one tickets went on sale and could not get two seats together for me and my son thus we missed out and now cockaroach socalled supporters are selling tickets for a pittance what a disgrace

In their defence that game was played prior the Olympics which means the capacity at the time was around 110,000+. The empty's are going to look more obvious in such a big stadium. Good thing it's been reconfigured now.

Anyway I'm a bit over the whole hand grenade thing. It was over 10 years ago. I know I've moved on.

I ALWAYS hated the post try celebrations no matter what they were or who did them.

Steve said:
ningnangnong said:

In their defence that game was played prior the Olympics which means the capacity at the time was around 110,000+. The empty's are going to look more obvious in such a big stadium. Good thing it's been reconfigured now.

Anyway I'm a bit over the whole hand grenade thing. It was over 10 years ago. I know I've moved on.

Queensland would fill out a 110,000 seat stadium 5 times over.

I like seeing things like this in Origin. Fights, celebrations, cheap shots etc. That's what makes it different from a normal match. It brings out more emotions than any normal club or international game (save a grand final).

I enjoy post try celebrations when it is an individual or a a couple of players celebrating a try of the spur of the moment. However, when it is an orchestrated and the majority of the team are involved it is very disrespectful. When players/teams do this sort of thing, you need to back it up or it will come back to haunt you. NSW may have enjoyed that one game, that series and the 30 seconds of the post-try celebration, but it's come back to haunt them the last five years, as a lot of players say that one moment is their motivation for playing well for QLD.

I liked the old try celebrations. I like the ten pin bowling one, I think Canberra did it.

Did anyone hate when Wendall grabbed the corner post in the Allstars match? It is kind of same thing really.

Active Now

• Fatboy
  • Broncorob
  • Sproj
  • davidp
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Dash
  • Hurrijo
  • Aldo
  • Lostboy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Astro
  • Wolfie
  • Fitzy
  • Xzei
  • dasherhalo
  • Fozz
  • KateBroncos1812
  • FACTHUNT
  • Midean
... and 18 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.