Representative Weekend

Last I heard, Jennings was going to miss out due to injury?

Hayne should be at fullback too. As a QLD fan, I'd love to see both Dugan and Jorris in the side together though. Some Hoffman level hogging self centred players.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the Roosters injury woes.

I agree that Hayne should be the fullback but it's pretty clear that he'll be in the centres which should be an interesting move because it'll likely see him paired off against GI. What will be interesting to see how GI will be able to go against a player who is of equal if not greater talent.

The other centre option will be interesting but between the two left centres who played today in Wighton & Walker, I don't think either are ready to play Origin and rushing them in would be a mistake. Hoppa Jr is another option but at this stage, I wouldn't say he's better than Morris.

- Thought some of the forwards from both sides didn't fire up as much but whoever gets picked for NSW will lift regardless of their form

Haha because they lift every year, right? :P

I think this game showed that no matter how many people hate Pearce, he is NSW best option...

I think this game showed that no matter how many people hate Pearce, he is NSW best option...

He has proven to be a complete failure in Origin. He seems incapable of taking the next step from club footy to a representative game, just not quite good enough. The other halves haven't failed yet.

Even NSW supporters would have to come to this conclusion after that, picking someone else won't change a bloody thing.

Haha City-Country...NSW plays itself and still can't win!!!!!

Post of the rep weekend goes to [MENTION=2181]simmo77[/MENTION]

Made me spit out my soup.

Idris got MOM and wouldn't be out of place in the team somewhere. He scored a great try of a kick by Mullen and ran hard and hit hard in defence.

Idris got MOM and wouldn't be out of place in the team somewhere. He scored a great try of a kick by Mullen and ran hard and hit hard in defence.

I love Idris when he's switched on. Unstoppable.

Good weekend of footy, and thought the Fiji V Samoa match the highlight

Got me thinking though - instead of putting a developing nation in the last spot of the 4 nations, what about a combined team? The better players from all teams get a run and the team is more competitive. But i guess there could be cultural issues I'm not aware of that make this a bad idea

NSW should give Tupou a jersey.

Pearce bomb -> Tupou tea bag on Tate or Boyd all night.

Or pick some fat shit like Idris or boring old McManus or one of the Morrises.

NSW should give Tupou a jersey.

Pearce bomb -> Tupou tea bag on Tate or Boyd all night.

Or pick some fat **** like Idris or boring old McManus or one of the Morrises.

Tupou did impress but I felt he made some basic mistakes that can cost you big time in big matches. I wouldn't mind seeing him picked though as he would really worry me if I was a QLD'er and can pull of something out of nowhere.

Youre kidding yourself if you think B.Morris doesn't deserve selection.

Good weekend of footy, and thought the Fiji V Samoa match the highlight

Got me thinking though - instead of putting a developing nation in the last spot of the 4 nations, what about a combined team?

Sounds like a waste of time. If you really want to develop a country's team, reducing the time they play together won't help. As for making 4N more competitive, NZ can't beat us with Foran and SJ and Luke. The Island nations have no notable spine players and would still get raped, even if they combined all their talent.

Frankly the best way forward internationally would be, IMO, to exclude Australia from all tournaments bar the World Cup. IMO a lot of players don't value it and our participation in it just makes it completely boring and predictable. Have a 6N with NZ, Eng, Fiji, Samoa, PNG and Tonga or something. Would be much more interesting.

Sounds like a waste of time. If you really want to develop a country's team, reducing the time they play together won't help. As for making 4N more competitive, NZ can't beat us with Foran and SJ and Luke. The Island nations have no notable spine players and would still get raped, even if they combined all their talent.

Frankly the best way forward internationally would be, IMO, to exclude Australia from all tournaments bar the World Cup. IMO a lot of players don't value it and our participation in it just makes it completely boring and predictable. Have a 6N with NZ, Eng, Fiji, Samoa, PNG and Tonga or something. Would be much more interesting.

The only people who don't value it are media personalities who really do not matter so that's bullshit.

Unread

Active Now

• Morkel
  • broncsgoat
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Lozza
  • Rookie Alan
  • theshed
  • GCBRONCO
  • Xzei
  • Fitzy
  • Sproj
  • Evander
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • winslow_wong
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.