NEWS Right price to deliver Storm’s Brodie Croft to Broncos

He won't come for anything less than what we would consider overs. His agent knows we're desperate now. Expect the hardest of hardballs.

I don't trust Badels figures and i seriously doubt he knows how much we have free under the cap ...

but if the 300k quoted in this article is close to being accurate, it would be an extremely good pick up for us

Last edited:
As if Badel would even know a ballpark figure, let alone a figure as specific as 110k. He's such a germ.

He won't come for anything less than what we would consider overs. His agent knows we're desperate now. Expect the hardest of hardballs.

here is our hardball ...

don't like it, sit in the Storms reserve grade for the next 12 months and watch your value diminish, or come to us and potentially flourish by controlling our team (which he can't do while Smith is around), and in 12 months, you'll be in a much stronger bargaining position

If we had to offload Bird in order to afford him then I hope we would target Paps or Holmes, not Croft. Bird would free up a hell of a lot more than 200k.

Well the $110k left on our cap figure was quoted by Hooper on NRL 360 last night, he also said Croft was on $375k this year and $450k next year at the Storm.

If Bird does go somewhere else I would assume we will need to chip in quite a bit of it, so it may only free up $400k-$500k

We can offer croft the 7 jersey but you would still think we would need to offer close to those numbers.

Last edited:
If 300k is all we need, its a good pickup. You can always bounce his contract up higher for next year. I hope the 110k takes into consideration Glenn and Oates staying

here is our hardball ...

don't like it, sit in the Storms reserve grade for the next 12 months and watch your value diminish, or come to us and potentially flourish by controlling our team (which he can't do while Smith is around), and in 12 months, you'll be in a much stronger bargaining position
Wouldn't the storm have to accept a hit on their cap too if he's under contract

Oates seems to be flying under the radar considering he's of contract. Loyalty aside, Considering his form this year and our needs i wouldn't be upset to pull his offer for croft and bring in Farnsworth.

Wouldn't the storm have to accept a hit on their cap too if he's under contract

only if they instigate the release ... since it is likely Croft will ask, he can decide to take a pay cut (if we don't offer what he is currently on)

Oates seems to be flying under the radar considering he's of contract. Loyalty aside, Considering his form this year and our needs i wouldn't be upset to pull his offer for croft and bring in Farnsworth.

Oates scored 13 tries this year ... this Oates has been poor rhetoric, is off the mark IMO, and we will certainly miss him if he goes.

he likely suffered due to the Boyd-Milf switch. The only thing Boyd was still able to do well was the second man pass play to put Oates over in the corner. and we'll need our fullback (whether it is Milf or someone else) to work hard on that play in the pre-season

If we can manage to get the $800 for bird then get Boyd off our books we could raid the storms off contract players and go for croft, papanhuyzen and Olam. Solves our fullback, half and left centre problems in one foul swoop.

only if they instigate the release ... since it is likely Croft will ask, he can decide to take a pay cut (if we don't offer what he is currently on)
sounds great. If only another club play same hard ball with Boyd too.

Hooper spouted out a similar figure last night on NRL 360, he said we have just over $100K in the salary cap for 2020.

Do you want to know how I know that's wrong? He followed it up with, literally in the same segment, "The Broncos are offering Alex Glenn half of what his previous contract value was to stay at the club"

Even if Glenn was on $300K, which is extremely conservative, by Hooper & Badel's figures, we'd be over the salary cap for 2020, and that's without even factoring in Oates, which is almost guaranteed to re-sign himself..

So where has this imaginary figure come from? Did they conjure it up themselves?

Hooper spouted out a similar figure last night on NRL 360, he said we have just over $100K in the salary cap for 2020.

Do you want to know how I know that's wrong? He followed it up with, literally in the same segment, "The Broncos are offering Alex Glenn half of what his previous contract value was to stay at the club"

Even if Glenn was on $300K, which is extremely conservative, by Hooper & Badel's figures, we'd be over the salary cap for 2020, and that's without even factoring in Oates, which is almost guaranteed to re-sign himself..

So where has this imaginary figure come from? Did they conjure it up themselves?

I imagine it’s money not including Glenn’s money.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Astro
  • Santa
  • Sproj
  • broncs30
  • Xzei
  • Behind enemy lines
  • FACTHUNT
  • Broncorob
  • Skyblues87
  • Allo
  • The Don
  • bb_gun
  • Fitzy
  • Browny
  • MrRobot
  • Maroon4life
  • Skathen
  • Dash
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.