NEWS Right price to deliver Storm’s Brodie Croft to Broncos

This is what I'm saying,
7 Dearden
6 milf
1 Holmes

I doubt we could afford holmes ... and there is no guarantee that he will come back to the NRL anyway

Bird was forever crabbing across the field looking for an opening (and making his meters gained count look impressive) when he last played. Perhaps if we stick him in the FB spot he can only really go one way and that's forward.

Bird was forever crabbing across the field looking for an opening (and making his meters gained count look impressive) when he last played. Perhaps if we stick him in the FB spot he can only really go one way and that's forward.

Meters gained isn’t about how many meters a player runs. It’s how far they advance up the field.

For those who don’t want to take the far cheaper punt on Croft, why do you guys want to take the far, far more expensive punt on Holmes?

I know he was an out and out gun before but he would be a completely different physique now, hasn’t played for a year plus and the only other player to come back (albeit a million reasons for it) came back a complete and utter bust.

What makes you think Holmes would be different?

For those who don’t want to take the far cheaper punt on Croft, why do you guys want to take the far, far more expensive punt on Holmes?

I know he was an out and out gun before but he would be a completely different physique now, hasn’t played for a year plus and the only other player to come back (albeit a million reasons for it) came back a complete and utter bust.

I agree with this. To knock of 10kg balanced in different areas is hard work to get back to a fast fullback weight.

Croft is a better gamble.

Last edited:

I think we could pull off both tbh

So we're going to take the storms scraps , and buy a half that isn't what we need.
Step in the wrong direction

I’m not saying you’re wrong but I’d love to hear who you suggest we sign.

boyd could be off the books by the time val holmes is available,realisticly he would hang around at the jets to do another pre season next year to see if he can make the cut.

I’m not saying you’re wrong but I’d love to hear who you suggest we sign.
I'm more inclined to wait for some big names to come up. Sink or swim with
1 bird
6 milf
7 dearden
And see where we are at , possibly go after Munster if Milford doesn't wake up.
I just think we shouldn't jump on the next guy that pops up. Just my opinion so I could be completely wrong lol

I'm more inclined to wait for some big names to come up. Sink or swim with
1 bird
6 milf
7 dearden
And see where we are at , possibly go after Munster if Milford doesn't wake up.
I just think we shouldn't jump on the next guy that pops up. Just my opinion so I could be completely wrong lol

Mate I respect the mindset. Short term pain for possible long term game. But our spine has been rubbish for 4 years and there’s no end in sight. We need to be opportunistic and take a risk. Croft is both but as far as risks go it isn’t that high. He’ll come cheap and hopefully there are no more long term contracts at red hill. I don’t think Dearden is ready yet.

Mate I respect the mindset. Short term pain for possible long term game. But our spine has been rubbish for 4 years and there’s no end in sight. We need to be opportunistic and take a risk. Croft is both but as far as risks go it isn’t that high. He’ll come cheap and hopefully there are no more long term contracts at red hill. I don’t think Dearden is ready yet.
Possibly , would much prefer Taylor for cheap. But I'm willing to back the club either way.

The high side the above strategy is that if Milf doesnt perform hes shipped out end of next year. We then have 1Mil to chase for a half in 2021.

Actually i think more mid range 300 to 500k players is exactly what we need. You put all your money on one player and you can easily end up getting a guy like Bird who is injured for 80% of his contract or a bloke who just doesn't perform such as Barba and Kennedy.

We already have 3 guys in our spine on over 500k each not doing what their price asks. Two of those are spine players the other is Gillette. Bird is on big money and has not played enough to be called a good recruit.

Croft could just as easily become a star up here away from Melb and control freak Smith. Look at the young fullback at the Raiders, a nobody with something to prove is great value. If he doesn't you either have money to look elsewhere or have somebody already to take the shot.

Recruiting is a gamble.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • ezpz
  • kman
  • Cavalo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.