NEWS Right price to deliver Storm’s Brodie Croft to Broncos

On the Taylor talk, honestly I don't want him at any price. He made his bed with the Titans chasing the dollars he can sleep there. A dollar over minimum wage is more risk than I'd be comfortable with, that's how broken I think he's become going to that shit club.

Last edited:
He's 22, he's learned his craft behind two of the best game managers of the last decade and has developed in the most structured and organised team in the comp. He may not be a perfect fit for Melbourne but at his rumoured 300-400k salary we'd be mad to not attempt to sign him. He has exactly the skill set that we don't have on our roster, he's a Brisbane boy, he's worth the gamble.

Any contract you sign is a gamble really. If we gave Offa 500k for 4 years then giving Croft 350k for 2 years is like putting your money in a high interest savings account vs blowing 300k on pokies.

Didn’t turpin also learn his craft at Melbourne too? It’s time we started raiding some students of the storm and actually use them for our benefits.

Didn’t turpin also learn his craft at Melbourne too? It’s time we started raiding some students of the storm and actually use them for our benefits.
Are you suggesting we sign Chambers?

Mate I respect the mindset. Short term pain for possible long term game. But our spine has been rubbish for 4 years and there’s no end in sight. We need to be opportunistic and take a risk. Croft is both but as far as risks go it isn’t that high. He’ll come cheap and hopefully there are no more long term contracts at red hill. I don’t think Dearden is ready yet.
You don't want long term contracts, like not for Haas, Fifita, Carrigan?

Like I said, if Bellamy wasn't going to reinstate Croft, I couldn't see Melbourne going far. Hughes is not a halfback, and Bellamy has practically three fullbacks in his spine now, it was a dumb coaching decision. Croft may not set the world on fire but he's a genuine halfback and in the red zone, it showed when Melbourne struggled to score a try with three guys who have a first instinct to run the ball.

We should capitalise on Melbourne being dumb and take Croft off their hands, if nothing else when Smith retires this year or next, they are going to really struggle without a genuine half ready to organise and lead the team around.

Make it happen Seibold, sign him up.
So it.

If anything, if you can't make your team way stronger with one signing, at least significantly weaken one of your biggest opponents

As long as he falls out of love with Macca I can get behind that.

We can throw Segeyaro at fullback, Turpin at 7, Paix at 9 buy Kurt Baptise for 5/8.
He has NO LOVE for Macca's abilities

Young kid passes out. Shock

A perfect allegory for Melbourne's season.

I think we may have baulked when storm indicated they were unlikely to fund any of his contract, but that is just a guess (which is basically what league journalism is).

Unread

Active Now

• Fozz
  • Fatboy
  • Cavalo
  • porouian
  • Fitzy
  • MrMoore
  • winslow_wong
  • Bucking Beads
  • sooticus
  • BroncsNBundy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.