NEWS Right price to deliver Storm’s Brodie Croft to Broncos

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Croft is a waste of time and money.

We should sign Jamal Fogarty.

Putting up good numbers in ISC does not mean you're better than an NRL Halfback. Also, why wouldn't we sign Sam Scarlett instead? His numbers were considerably more impressive than Fogartys, and he's been in the Broncos system before.

Edit, for arguments sake:

Sam Scarlett - 25 games, 8 tries, 5 line-breaks, 33 try assists, 25 line-break assists, 18 forced drop-outs

Jamal Fogarty - 26 games, 7 tries, 4 line-breaks, 22 try assists, 11 line-break assists, 11 forced drop-outs

Last edited:
Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Croft is a waste of time and money.

We should sign Jamal Fogarty.

Of course we should. Lets get in Cameron Cullen as well. They had a great partnership at Burleigh. A premiership winning partnership in fact. That would give us two halves too good for ISC who couldnt crack it at NRL level.

upthebroncs

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016
You’re all acting like you know what to do.

The reason the Broncos have failed is due to their narrow mindedness.

I was hoping that’s why Seibold was brought in.

In my opinion he’s copped a bit of unfair criticism. Inherited this roster from Bennett and it looked good on paper, but it is mostly just raw talent and a huge lack of smarts. We have noone that can tactically manipulate a game in our favour. Lockyer was great at steering us around and we’ve missed that since he retired.

Seibs said he wasn’t afraid to play the young guys this year and he walked the talk.

I actually think this year was constructive and we have basically locked in most of our top 17 for the next 10 years if they want to stay with us.

All we need now is too pick wisely when it comes to filling the fullback and halfback positions.

Whoever was trying to prove me wrong about Fogarty, by showing Scarlett’s stats... I was calling for Scarlett to get a shot at 7 for us last year.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
You’re all acting like you know what to do.

The reason the Broncos have failed is due to their narrow mindedness.

I was hoping that’s why Seibold was brought in.

In my opinion he’s copped a bit of unfair criticism. Inherited this roster from Bennett and it looked good on paper, but it is mostly just raw talent and a huge lack of smarts. We have noone that can tactically manipulate a game in our favour. Lockyer was great at steering us around and we’ve missed that since he retired.

Seibs said he wasn’t afraid to play the young guys this year and he walked the talk.

I actually think this year was constructive and we have basically locked in most of our top 17 for the next 10 years if they want to stay with us.

All we need now is too pick wisely when it comes to filling the fullback and halfback positions.

Whoever was trying to prove me wrong about Fogarty, by showing Scarlett’s stats... I was calling for Scarlett to get a shot at 7 for us last year.

Sam isnt good enough either.

upthebroncs

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016
Sam isnt good enough either.

I’d say he’s more proficient in the halfback role than Nikorima is. Ideally he would be 7 and he’d have a Nikorima or Milford next to him at 6.

I’m pretty sure there have been studies done that prove that cohesion is the most important part of team sports. We are lacking cohesion in my opinion. A decent game plan would help but we need players to be able to execute the plan.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
I’d say he’s more proficient in the halfback role than Nikorima is. Ideally he would be 7 and he’d have a Nikorima or Milford next to him at 6.

I’m pretty sure there have been studies done that prove that cohesion is the most important part of team sports. We are lacking cohesion in my opinion. A decent game plan would help but we need players to be able to execute the plan.

How do you quantify cohesion? Serious question.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013

How many times have you watched Sam Scarlett & Jamal Forgarty play?..

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015

Nikorima has been instrumental in an NRL team winning games at halfback, Sam hasn't and he never will. Thats not saying he isnt a decent player, but there are plenty of blokes like him in the ISC who despite them being good at that level never step up. I can rattle off heaps of them in that Bracket .Murphy, Page, Neale, Ahern, Purcell, Hoeter, Cleeland, Cullen, Ruben, Templeman, Nona, Cronin, i could go on and on the list is pretty long.

You simply cant look at stats and judge what a player can or cant do based on them.

upthebroncs

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016
Nikorima has been instrumental in an NRL team winning games at halfback, Sam hasn't and he never will. Thats not saying he isnt a decent player, but there are plenty of blokes like him in the ISC who despite them being good at that level never step up. I can rattle off heaps of them in that Bracket .Murphy, Page, Neale, Ahern, Purcell, Hoeter, Cleeland, Cullen, Ruben, Templeman, Nona, Cronin, i could go on and on the list is pretty long.

You simply cant look at stats and judge what a player can or cant do based on them.

I’m just saying we literally just need someone that knows how to run a game of rugby league. Finish sets of 6 well. That’s all I want. Someone to finish the set well.
[automerge]1570324566[/automerge]
....... What?

Huh?

Last edited:
Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
How many times had you seen Papenhuyzen play? Noone asks this from Bellamy. It’s a stupid question.

Its not like he was an unknown if you follow Intrust Super Cup. He didnt just come out of nowhere.

upthebroncs

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016
Its not like he was an unknown if you follow Intrust Super Cup. He didnt just come out of nowhere.

Exactly. Yet, he was seemingly unwanted.

If I told you last year that next year Hughes should replace Croft at 7 and Papenhuyzen should play 1.. You would have laughed.

Last edited:

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • Santa
  • Xzei
  • FACTHUNT
  • broncsgoat
  • theshed
  • Mr Fourex
  • I bleed Maroon
  • MrMoore
  • Midean
  • Foordy
  • Sproj
  • Wolfie
  • Justwin
  • Alec
  • Big Del
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.