RIP Phillip Hughes

RIP..Wouldn't feel so shit if there was something to blame, an outdated regulation, a faulty piece of gear..Freak accidents that despite taking proper precautions can't be stopped or even learned from..

Wish the best of luck to his family and Sean Abbot.

Unbelievable.

Can we get a RIP in the title in case some poor sod hasn't heard the news.

Last edited:
I really hope this greedy organisation grows a heart, if just for a week or two..

India?s cricket team says tour game against CA XI and first Test should proceed despite Hughes situation

Disgusting attitude. Just look at Pakistan and NZ. They've cancelled today's play, and they're playing halfway around the world and neither really has much to do with Hughes. If they don't feel like playing, I don't know how anyone can expect his friends to be playing this week.

RIP: Philip Hughes

I also really feel for the bowler, who didn't do anything wrong, just a freak accident. he would be feeling pretty low ATM.

I'm gutted. Couldn't believe it when the news broke this afternoon - a horrible feeling just overcame me. So, so sad.

I can't even comprehend it...

Fucking hell man.

I was fortunate enough to meet Phil Hughes a few years ago through a mutual friend and even though it was only a brief meeting, I can certainly say that he was a truly great, down to earth bloke.

Like everyone, the news of his passing has left me shocked and sick to the stomach. His best cricket was definitely ahead of him, and he was way too young to die. This freak accident has touched the world.

Have to spare a thought for Sean Abbott as well. Poor bloke was just doing his job. I can't imagine what he's going through. Unfortunately I think he may never play again either.

R.I.P Phil Hughes. May your soul find peace.

Phil Hughes - Forever 63*

I really hope this greedy organisation grows a heart, if just for a week or two..

India?s cricket team says tour game against CA XI and first Test should proceed despite Hughes situation

That article needs to be taken in context. That statement was made before anyone knew the actual seriousness of Hughes' conditions. "Critical" can mean a lot of things. It wasn't until about 2pm (Brisbane time) this afternoon that the actual severity of his condition was made public.

Since Hughes' death the match has been cancelled and the Indians will now train in the nets and not on the oval as a sign of respect for Phil Hughes.

It's likely that the test will go ahead, but the series could be reduced to a 3 test series or the Brisbane match could be rescheduled.

^ yeah well this is the cricket board whose many endeering qualities include holding the game at virtual ransome every other month and representatives with direct links to match fixing... So I for one am not giving them the benefit of the doubt on that crudely worded statement at such a sensitve time

In India's defence plenty of Australians have said it should go ahead too- Border and Healy.

The Bulls guys are shattered they really liked Hughes. Law has offered a lot of help. Forrest is in Sydney and is struggling big time with the death.

In India's defence plenty of Australians have said it should go ahead too- Border and Healy.

The quotes they got from Border were before his death, I saw the interview yesterday morning, the only person I've seen who has said it should go ahead 100% is Healy.

^ yeah well this is the cricket board whose many endeering qualities include holding the game at virtual ransome every other month and representatives with direct links to match fixing... So I for one am not giving them the benefit of the doubt on that crudely worded statement at such a sensitve time

It maybe harsh, but take the emotion out of it, at that time, it was akin to cancelling State of Origin because Cam Smith gets injured.

My favourite knock was the Shield Final in 07/08- He was having a crack in his first big game and against a quality Victoria team of Hodge, Siddle, White, MacDonald and Nanness.

The quotes they got from Border were before his death, I saw the interview yesterday morning, the only person I've seen who has said it should go ahead 100% is Healy.

No they weren't before his death.

No they weren't before his death.

There was an interview on FSN with AB before his death yesterday morning where he was saying that he thinks that the test should go ahead and that Hughes would've wanted us to play the game, I figured his tone might've changed after he passed away.. Maybe he did another interview afterwards.

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Brocko
  • Aldo
  • Organix
  • broncos4life
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncosgirl
  • broncsgoat
  • Scorchie
  • Fozz
  • lynx000
  • Harry Sack
  • Mr Fourex
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Justwin
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Battler
  • Galah
  • Foordy
... and 27 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.