NEWS Rival's $1.5 million raid on boom Bronco

I agree with this, and you can also build incentives into the contract as well where if certain performance measures are met than a bonus is paid.

2 issues with that. 1 is if win a premiership cap is blown by performance bonuses. 2 is which job would you pick? A lower wage with small top ups for performance or a high wage unconditionally. Especially in a field where your career can be over tomorrow.

If you want to keep players has to be about family and culture. And if they get injured or retire make it obvious they will be taken care of. Also advantage of keeping players in Brisbane if they have family near by. Should be encouraging managers to get lots of even small TPAs for players exploiting one town team but money was never the selling point.

2 issues with that. 1 is if win a premiership cap is blown by performance bonuses. 2 is which job would you pick? A lower wage with small top ups for performance or a high wage unconditionally. Especially in a field where your career can be over tomorrow.

If you want to keep players has to be about family and culture. And if they get injured or retire make it obvious they will be taken care of. Also advantage of keeping players in Brisbane if they have family near by. Should be encouraging managers to get lots of even small TPAs for players exploiting one town team but money was never the selling point.

Good point about family. We have had the argument we tie these younger blokes up because of their long term potential. Do we also take into consideration their backgrounds. Lodge for example, is it worth trying to get him locked in when i think everyone knows he will want to end up back in Sydney. He already approached the Panthers before signing for us. If it wasnt for Gould telling him he owed us, he wouldnt be here. Sua has a lot of links to Brisbane, so he would be worth pursuing harder than keeping Lodge? Do we take say Haas over keeping Carrigan and Flegler? Hypothetically, Is Haas being a nswelshman more likely to leave in the future than Carrigan and Flegler? If we are thinking long term, maybe we have to have a good look at things like that.

Good point about family. We have had the argument we tie these younger blokes up because of their long term potential. Do we also take into consideration their backgrounds. Lodge for example, is it worth trying to get him locked in when i think everyone knows he will want to end up back in Sydney. He already approached the Panthers before signing for us. If it wasnt for Gould telling him he owed us, he wouldnt be here. Sua has a lot of links to Brisbane, so he would be worth pursuing harder than keeping Lodge? Do we take say Haas over keeping Carrigan and Flegler? Hypothetically, Is Haas being a nswelshman more likely to leave in the future than Carrigan and Flegler? If we are thinking long term, maybe we have to have a good look at things like that.

Sounds like the Brisbane Lions recruitment model...and it seems to be working but there is a lot of short-term pain happening right now.

Flegler is from Tully- He was with the Pride.

Flegler is from Tully- He was with the Pride.

Didnt really mention where he is from, but he is still a Queenslander. Think i remember an article where he wanted to join Cowboys, but idolised Corey Parker, who he can work with at Brisbane. I'd say he is more likely to stay at a QLD club.

Didnt really mention where he is from, but he is still a Queenslander. Think i remember an article where he wanted to join Cowboys, but idolised Corey Parker, who he can work with at Brisbane. I'd say he is more likely to stay at a QLD club.

You're point seemed to be players not from Brisbane might want to go home or a return home risk. I was adding Flegler isn't from here and his family are still in Tully.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Sproj
  • FACTHUNT
  • Alec
  • scobie
  • Wolfie
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Jazza
  • lakers133334
  • Aldo
  • Bucking Beads
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Hurrijo
  • Ozired
  • Maddy
  • Brocko
  • whykickamoocow
  • BroncosAlways
... and 18 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.