Rnd #1 Broncos line-up

Cant wait for him to move to left centre
This is my thoughts too. After about 6 games when Darius is stinking it up, Arthars moves to Left Centre and Isaako comes back onto the Wing.

This is my thoughts too. After about 6 games when Darius is stinking it up, Arthars moves to Left Centre and Isaako comes back onto the Wing.

I am completely unconvinced about Isaako's credentials based on last year's defensive form and this years underwhelming displays. I'd rather see Farnworth on the wing..

The only argument I can see for Isaako is his goal kicking, however, he will need to kick well to offset the tries he lets in when he comes in off his wing.

1. Bird
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Arthurs
5. Coates / Isaako / Farnworth

Going with any backline other than this (Contested wing spot each have their merits and too close to call) is criminal.

If we're not seeing Boyd in reserve grade by Round 4 I am going to have major concerns over the coaching staff and selection process.

I feel like Arthars is more of a centre than a winger, but that's just me.

Guess we'll see how he goes, hopefully he smashes it.
Agreed. Arthur's can play there but he's definitely a Centre first and Fullback second from what I've seen.

He will do a job but I feel like Seibs is trying to fit him in on the wing...likely to be temporary before he gets moved to left centre.

Arthars best football last year was in the centres, best games were Wynnum, Ipswich and Dolphins he was on the right hand side and his running was strong and he targeted players he wanted to run at- destroyed Dearden.

I think his best position could be fullback would have been nice if he had got to play there for Queensland but Titans pulled him out, he gets between defenders well and positions his body. He gets quick play the balls on the back of making sure he is at a spot.

Last edited:
Arthars best football last year was in the centres, best games were Wynnum, Ipswich and Dolphins he was on the right hand side and his running was strong and he targeted players he wanted to run at- destroyed Dearden.

I think his best position could be fullback would have been nice if he had got to play there for Queensland but Titans pulled him out, he gets between defenders well and positions his body. He gets quick play the balls on the back of making sure he is at a spot.

Just like Darbs

I'd give Boyd the first two rounds to show us some positive signs. If he can't he has to go. Problem I think we have though is I'm not convinced by our other options at center either. Arthars has been ok, which might just be good enough for us right now, but I think it's just the anyone but Darius syndrome right now.
Not convinced?? Arthars has been a try scoring machine at left centre and let’s face it one of the most exciting young backs at the broncos is Tesi niu and nobody has once said his name in this forum

Not convinced?? Arthars has been a try scoring machine at left centre and let’s face it one of the most exciting young backs at the broncos is Tesi niu and nobody has once said his name in this forum

because he can’t play yet

Nope, not convinced at all yet. Haven't seen him under any pressure. He has scored 2 tries in the cowboys game against against their backup players. Seen plenty of him in ISC as well and i just don't think he is center, but he has done everything he can for us so far and he can't do anymore than that. Niu also is no center. Fullback or nothing is what I see in him if he makes an NRL player.

Nope, not convinced at all yet. Haven't seen him under any pressure. He has scored 2 tries in the cowboys game against against their backup players. Seen plenty of him in ISC as well and i just don't think he is center, but he has done everything he can for us so far and he can't do anymore than that. Niu also is no center. Fullback or nothing is what I see in him if he makes an NRL player.

Which is fine, because I see Bird as a temporary measure anyway. If he kills it out the back, great. I’d love to see Bird killing it there for us. If not, I suspect he will do a good enough job to give these fellas time to develop.

Which is fine, because I see Bird as a temporary measure anyway. If he kills it out the back, great. I’d love to see Bird killing it there for us. If not, I suspect he will do a good enough job to give these fellas time to develop.

I agree. We dont need a superstar in every position. Solid players who just do their job reliably are very underrated.

Who bloody cares... You take your pick now him or bloody Boyd... it ain’t bloody rocket science

Isaako on the bench?..

That seems.. bad.. (Especially for SuperCoach, I want Staggs kicking goals the entire game :/)

Sure that can't be the case with Macca on the bench that only leaves 2 forwards Hoppa being 1 and he's a second row and probably Kennedy. That's a very very weak bench unless Macca is dropped.

Isaako on the bench?..

That seems.. bad.. (Especially for SuperCoach, I want Staggs kicking goals the entire game :/)

Benched on the bench, or benched to Q-cup? I can't see a reason too carry him on the bench, unless Macca is dropped altogether.

Active Now

• Dash
  • IceWorks
  • Gympie devil
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Tim K
  • Fozz
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Harry Sack
  • The True King
  • Broncosgirl
  • Behold
  • broncoscope
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.