Roos vs Pomgolia.

• Thread starter Major JW Hochstetter
  • Start date
Slater has done shit all in rep too, except for this last game.

Jebadude said:
Scotty said:
Hammo said:
What did Bowen do? And more importantly, what has Bown done at Rep level?

Bowen has done fack all at rep level because he rarely gets selected cause of his height unfortunately

And when he does get selected he still does fack all, apart from an intercept.

To be fair he hasn't had as many chances as Slater to prove himself. IMO it took slater a while to really stamp his mark on the rep scene (except for 'that' try)

Alec said:
Slater has done shit all in rep too, except for this last game.

LOLZ...poor Alec. Does it suck more always being proven wrong or does it suck more watching all those Melbourne players OWN Rugby League?

Slater was both good in the Anzac test and good throughout Origin, how anyone can say he has done "shit all" is beyond me.

FCB BB AKA MB said:
Slater was both good in the Anzac test and good throughout Origin, how anyone can say he has done "shit all" is beyond me.
He has been great for australia but honestly in this day and age when teams own other teams, the fullback is always going to be a big part cause basically most attacking plays revolve around that position.

In origin where we lost he was solid, hunt was better in the 2nd game.

Slater has alot more "spark" then hunt, but in the tougher games hunt is better, in the easier games slater shines more.

Lets not forget slater has been behind one of the best teams in the mordern era who went out and flogged teams week after week for 2-3 years. I'd like to see slater be put in a ordinary team like souths or penrith and see if he could play so well.

I'm not taking anything away from slater, as i said definitely top 3, and who is the best depends on the style of play your looking for, but i think slaters job has been made easier by the teams he's been playing in.

Also slater has literally been working with the same 9 and 7 for 3 years straight maybe once or twice they haven't played together from injury or w/e, that helps A LOT! hunt has had to play with heaps of different 7's and 9's and 6's.

World Cup = more and more useless.

Just proves that Australia is unbeatable. They should just hold a match three times a year, World All-Stars Vs. Australia. That'd be more interesting than watching Australia put on 50 points against the 3rd seeded team.

I would def like the idea of a world all stars team V Australia, but that would just make a bigger joke of the how incompetent other countries are in comparison to Australia.

Isn't the World Cup already doing that?

Generally when you look at World Cups held for sports, they're held consistently every 4 years, not every 5, then 8, then another 5 apart.

World Cups also don't attract sponsors on the field, on the jerseys, during the broadcast, etc. It's become a massive joke. Everything about it is.. shit.

Very true Lachy. It died the second the ARL started stripping players it didn't need and 9 reneged on Live games. From there, nobody cared.

If the NRL (who I think aren't profiting from it, hence why they don't give a ****) put an effort into it, it might have been far more exciting.

$$$$$$$$$$$.

Lachy from Punchy said:
World Cup = more and more useless.

Just proves that Australia is unbeatable. They should just hold a match three times a year, World All-Stars Vs. Australia. That'd be more interesting than watching Australia put on 50 points against the 3rd seeded team.

Or a "rest of the world" cup. Here's how I see it.

Australia

Daylight

More daylight

NZ and England

Daylight

Samoa, France, Tonga, Ireland, Fiji, PNG, Scotland.

Dunno about anyone else, but I've been really enjoying the matches not involving Australia. IMO there should be some sort of a plate final between the two top teams that don't make the finals, play it as a curtain raiser to the big one.

Sucks seeing us win it all the time, but it has to keep happen regularly to give the emerging nations time and exposure to get better.

I'd like to see the Origin teams included in the World Cup, that'd be awesome!

State of origin teams in the world cup just seems silly IMO. And besides, QLD and NSW would probably be the best by far anyway.

Yes Scotty, it would just make a laughable contest even more LOLZ. The final would be NSW vs QLD which would once again undermine the whole concept.

Unless you had them in the one pool to begin with, with only one team progressing. That would mean a final of NSW OR QLD plus one other nation. QLD and NSW might be beatable in a way that Aus is not.

Maybe dukey. If anything, NZ might be able to beat NSW.

Considering QLD has the entire backline (except a token) and the entire front row, added with quite a few handy (if not unlucky to not be selected) backrowers, I think it's safe to say that QLD would pwn this WC.

just have a Pacific Nations Cup When Ever there is a Tri Nations

Samoa,Tonga, PNG

Just ditch the fkn World Cup. Serious waste of my time, and your time.

You should especially know its dead in the water when you're saying we should add Origin teams to the fold.

Active Now

• Brotherdu
  • Jazza
  • Foordy
  • Financeguy
  • Justwin
  • Battler
  • Fitzy
  • Evander
  • Ondi
  • Allo
  • Rambstien
  • Spoon
  • GCBRONCO
  • Xzei
  • Hurrijo
  • bb_gun
  • FACTHUNT
  • azza.79
  • Skathen
  • ivanhungryjak
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.