Roos vs Pomgolia.

• Thread starter Major JW Hochstetter
  • Start date
No don't ditch it. Fix the pathetic eligibility rules. While Australia can choose anyone in the country, International league will be a farce.

At least other countries will then maybe start to take interest. No doubt Aussies will giveup if their team starts to lose, but that's typical of the sore losers of Aussie sport.

Australia has such a talent based, that they can't lose, even if they tried.

Does anyone else not consider this a massive waste of time? Australia is going to win, probably to the tune of 50-0. If they dont, I'll eat my words, but damn.. I can't see any other option.

No doubt about it Lachy. Until they change the eligibility rules, no point this crap clogging up my tele.

Lachy from Punchy said:
Australia has such a talent based, that they can't lose, even if they tried.

Does anyone else not consider this a massive waste of time? Australia is going to win, probably to the tune of 50-0. If they dont, I'll eat my words, but damn.. I can't see any other option.

I think it needs to happen, but unfortunately due to Australia's dominance it is a bit of a joke.

Keep the WC every four years IMO.

But, along with there being a Tri-Nations at the end of every other year (three out of the four), I reckon RL should have its very own six nations tournament on a yearly basis.

So GB, Aus and NZ slug it out for three years, then compete in a WC.

For those three years, the likes of PNG, Tonga, Samoa, France, Scotland, Ireland, Fiji, Lebanon, Wales et al. get the chance to qualify and slug it out in a little round robin tournament. Would add a lot to the international game, would be fantastic to watch and IMO would really help league progress in these countries.

The RLIF would never get into it though.

Pound for pound, Matt Bowen is the best player in history.

Qld and NSW would each put 30+ past this NZ and GB side, and would only face any kind of challenge from the other.

Australia could pick 3 teams and each of those teams would wtfpwn this comp. The fourth team would probably win it.

I'd be interested to see an Australia vs rest of the world team, provided the world side had a good selection of players and time to train together, and have some warm ups against club or lesser international teams.

It'd never happen, but if it could, and it was competitive, it could work.

The tri-nations has been a success though, the fact the Kiwis won in 2005 and Australia only won it in golden shower in 2006...the biggest problem seems to be that each season the Kiwis lose 2 or 3 of their best players to surgery deemed necessary by their clubs.

Australia is often depleted at the end of the season too but they have depth to cover. I think there needs to be a window introduced mid-year for international football.

Maybe a quad nations - Australia, NZ, England and best of the rest?

That could work. I really would like to see them try and introduce international series in July. Have Origin finished up by end of June, pause both the NRL and ESL competitions for a month and have international series alternately in Australia/NZ or the UK.

Say the Tri nations is in the UK, have a Pacific Nations comp played in Australia and NZ and involve Fiji, Samoa, Tonga and PNG, or even let the French tour and be involved in that comp.

Or if the Tri Nations is in Australia/NZ have it played in conjunction with a pacific Tri-Nations, with the best 3 nations playing as curtain raisers to the main games (televised as well).

I just think leaving it til November is a waste, because so many players need offseason nip and tuck to be ready for the next season. And that's fair enough, clubs pay their way.

In the end, I'd like the world cup to stay every four years, but at the end of every other year:

Tri Nations - Australia, England, New Zealand
Pacific Cup - PNG, Fiji, Tonga, Samoa
Euro Cup - Ireland, Wales, Scotland, France

Would be pretty cool IMO.

I'd just like to see the Maori vs Aborigine side continued as a one off every year.

Coxy said:
I'd just like to see the Maori vs Aborigine side continued as a one off every year.

+1. Awesome lead-up and great match.

gUt said:
Pacific Cup - PNG, Fiji, Tonga, Samoa

+ Aboriginal side + maori side imo

Nah, I'm talking about evolving the international game. Keeping cultural/race ones in would defy the point. Though definitely good for a stand-alone clash, this is about growing the international game so it should be nations taking part.

Unread

Active Now

• Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Allo
  • Lozza
  • Battler
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.