Roosters in Match Fixing Scandal

Nashy said:
Sometimes helping sick kids is a nicer feeling than making more money. Especially when the Dogs are one of the better clubs in the money department.

Oh- I was looking at my post for where I said helping sick kids was bad? eusa_think

Good thing we are talking about money, so again, were is this money coming from? All I was saying, quite clearly was that that point on the jersey would be a big earner (I'm sure Toyota pays quite a bit for it) and not only do the Bulldogs not get any money for it, but in fact they loose money - able to follow the reasoning there?

Absolutely. I'm sure their accountants are on top of it. I thought it was a pretty known fact they they make plenty of money from theire leagues club, gate takings and other business ventures.

Nashy said:
Absolutely. I'm sure their accountants are on top of it. I thought it was a pretty known fact they they make plenty of money from theire leagues club, gate takings and other business ventures.

All I'm saying is that how can their financial position being so damn strong when they are not able to get sponsors?

The Rock said:
ddd said:
Nashy said:

All I'm saying is that how can their financial position being so damn strong when they are not able to get sponsors?

They only had trouble getting a major sponsor for about a period of what, 8 months?

Oh, so not having a major sponsor for 8 months is not a big deal -are you serious?

So what if they couldn't get a sponsor. They are pulling income from other sources.

The Rock said:
ddd said:
[quote="The Rock":ht5cmqt6]
ddd said:
Nashy said:

They only had trouble getting a major sponsor for about a period of what, 8 months?

Oh, so not having a major sponsor for 8 months is not a big deal -are you serious?

No, it is a big deal - shit loads of money. But considering how well they were doing financially before that, it would not have hurt them that much.

Dogs get the best $ from gate takings than any other club, bar Brisbane. That's part of their success.[/quote:ht5cmqt6]

Sweet - thanks Rock - this is going towards why they are financially strong, good gate takings, now we are getting somewhere

The Rock said:
ddd said:
broncospwn said:
Bulldogs are financially very strong actually, just behind the Bulldogs. The roosters are far from that.

"considering they got the spoon last year, has Camp Quality as a major jersey sponsor, who I don't think would pay heaps and spent the majority of the season without a front jersey sponsor until Jaycar jumped on the old bandwagon towards the end of the year"

Again - I haven't really heard anything to refute these points - I can't see how they could have magically become this financial powerhouse

- Roosters - the club based in the financial centre of Australia
- Bulldogs - the club that still has memories of having rioting and violent fans and a wooden spoon last year

Magically? Mate, they've always been pretty good - 1 wooden spoon year isn't going to blow them out of the water. You're also forgetting that ANZ is their home ground - and they've averaged 21,000 there this year. The amount of dosh they'd be getting from gate takings would be huge considering ANZ stadium is the best for this.

Did you miss that?

Nashy said:
The Rock said:
ddd said:
broncospwn said:
Bulldogs are financially very strong actually, just behind the Bulldogs. The roosters are far from that.

"considering they got the spoon last year, has Camp Quality as a major jersey sponsor, who I don't think would pay heaps and spent the majority of the season without a front jersey sponsor until Jaycar jumped on the old bandwagon towards the end of the year"

Again - I haven't really heard anything to refute these points - I can't see how they could have magically become this financial powerhouse

- Roosters - the club based in the financial centre of Australia
- Bulldogs - the club that still has memories of having rioting and violent fans and a wooden spoon last year

Magically? Mate, they've always been pretty good - 1 wooden spoon year isn't going to blow them out of the water. You're also forgetting that ANZ is their home ground - and they've averaged 21,000 there this year. The amount of dosh they'd be getting from gate takings would be huge considering ANZ stadium is the best for this.

Did you miss that?

:D

Their leagues club is extremely strong financially and is the main reason for them being financially strong.
ANZ offers $100,000 per game played guaranteed money not including gate takings every game add that to a club which usually has the highest sydney home crowd average.

SBW had to pay them upwards of a million for the settlement this money was used for what they would of had with a major sponsor so they decided they would sponsor a charity (or be sponsored by for free) to help their image and it has certainly worked. Financially they are very strong and would be the last club to go bankrupt in Sydney.

The Gymp said:
I can't think of a single Rooster I would take looking at their squad.

Why not Todd Carney? He's no worse than Tim fucking Smith.

ddd said:
Nashy said:

Actually it wasn't that they weren't able to get a sponsor they actually CHOSE not to seek a major sponor to start the season, but rather to donate the space to a charity in an effort to help repair their reputation after the past few seasons. I remember going to a luncheon where Todd Greenburg was speaking about it before the season started.

I would hardly think they could make such a choice if they weren't in a pretty good financial position.

That plus their original first choice major sponsor was rejected by the NRL because it was a direct competitor with Telstra.

Back OT. Was watching something (I think it was off-siders) yesterday and they were saying in the Cowboys game that is being referred to, the final try giving the Cowboys the +13 was scored with only limited time to go in the match, so if they were match-fixing then they were lucky to make it work (or something like that - I was only half watching)

That's just stupid. They sell Telstra, Vodafone, Virgin and Three too don't they.

Stupid Telstra, bunch of dicks.

Yep, they had a $2 million sponsorship deal with strathfield but because they sold Optus phones they are considered a competitor to telstra which means they're not allowed to sponsor them.

This yet again proves how incompetent the NRL are that they would allow such a clause in a contract.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Fitzy
  • Aldo
  • Bucking Beads
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Socnorb
  • Culhwch
  • heartly87
  • broncsgoat
  • Santa
  • Dash
  • Strop
  • Jedhead
  • Robboi_321
  • Ondi
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.