Roosters vs Broncos - LIVE scores here (spoiler)

Hopefully they can hold out, sounds like the Broncs have had a bit of luck.

This has been a tough game as I expected, very glad to get the points tonight.

Tough close game, but good to get the win [eusa_clap.gi

Good win. We probably got a couple of lucky calls, but we were the better side regardless.

Peter Wallace got MOM. Genuinely happy to have him in the team. Hodges wouldn't have been far behind.

We really did not wrap up the ball enough tonight. I think their offloads were something like 28-6. Whilst we mostly contained Mason, he did get the ball out the back a number of times.

I hope we give someone else a chance next week instead of Robinson.

Good game. We got some good decisions i must admit but our forwards were great and really laid the foundation.

Wallace, Hodges, Hannat and Sims were very impressive.

One thing we need to improve on is not giving away silly penalties.

what happened to Taylor in the second half? He seemed to go off in the first half and that was it...

Good to see us grind out a tough game early on an get the points, considering we were missing a couple of forwards. I'm very happy with the way we recovered from a sloppy final 20 in the 1st half and held the Roosters to nothing in the second. That's a great sign for the opening rounds, with plenty of improvement still in them. Let's hope injuries are kind to us and this team can build momentum towards the Origin period.

Thumbs up again for Wallace. I'm glad this buy hasn't backfired as yet (touch wood). He's really taking on alot of responsibility and if he can keep that going I think we'll see him have an increasingly positive effect on Locky's game towards the back end of the season. Also impressed with the enthusiasm Sims and Marsh bring to the team. Smart recruiting as we move into somewhat of a new era.

Regarding Robinson - all things considered he hasn't been overly bad, I think we may be expecting just a bit too much from him, as we usually do with new faces at the Broncos. Sure blokes like Kemp (who is in my top 17) and Hewitt are entitled to a crack, but I don't think Robinson should be simply tossed out the back door after a grand total of two games. Being part of a winning team in the early rounds may help him develop his confidence at NRL level. I'm sure Wayne will make the right decisions regarding that wing spot either way. It's nice that we've got some good competition in the backs this year.

All in all a satisfying night, and we now sit comfortably on top of the table. Yes it's only round 2, but it should be enjoyed while it lasts icon_thumbs_u

What about Bloody Gould after the Roosters obstruction no try.. he just kept gong on about the video ref and how it was the worst decision in the history of the game and how the video ref should be sacked never to return...

CRY ME A RIVER GOULD [icon_evillaugh

Great win for the boys, reazlly gutsed it out. We got very lucky with that roosters disallowed try tho.

Few things I was hasn't happy with was the way Kenny runs out of the line to make ineffective tackes, if your going run outta the line you gotta take the player down. Also I don't think its very smart to have Perry, Marsh and Stagg all in the forwards at the back end of the game. Interesting to see taylor didn't get much game time..

bfoord said:
What about Bloody Gould after the Roosters obstruction no try.. he just kept gong on about the video ref and how it was the worst decision in the history of the game and how the video ref should be sacked never to return...

CRY ME A RIVER GOULD [icon_evillaugh

Sorry but it was a disgraceful call. Broncos won and deserved to win, doesn't change the fact it was such a poor decision. Gould and everyone else had every right to blow up about it.

Having said that it is nice listening to Gould when the broncos are whipping the roosters. ;)

Congratulations to Wallace for his man of the match award... i thought he was great again tonight [eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi

I thought Robinson was quite good. Sure he didn't do anything spectacular but the roosters threw a lot of attack down his side of the field and he communicated well with Hodges and handled the Kenny-Dowall no try quite well considering it was 3 on 1. We were ill-disciplined in the first half, especially late in the tackle count. Scramble defence was spectacular but we bounced off a lot of tackles and were shocking at locking up the offloads. To be honest, I thought the roosters were the better team but it's good signs being able to grind out a win without dominating.

I agreed with Gus on the disallowed try in the first half to the roosters. Hodges misread it, should have been a try.

Hodges, Hannant, Sims and especially Wallace were very impressive. Robinson seems to be worse than Boyd though!

Alec said:
Robinson seems to be worse than Boyd though!

How a call like that can be made after 2 games and relatively few touches of the ball is beyond me

Alec said:
Hodges, Hannant, Sims and especially Wallace were very impressive. Robinson seems to be worse than Boyd though!

Robinson was getting pushed back a bit but made one or two crucial tackles down the line. I think you're all being very harsh on someone who's in their second game - Hunt totally screwed up his first one or two touches in the NRL, chucking a ball over the fullback's head and gifting the warriors a try. Should we have dropped him? I think with a bit of time (and *maybe* a pass or two from Hodges) Robinson will find his feet.

Robinson is lacking alot of confidence, he doesnt run hard at the line, and needs to go to ground when he gets tackled, i think he lost more metres than he gained, its probably a bit premature but i dont think he is up to first grade at this stage and with competiton for wing spots so fierce i cant see him there for too much longer, Michaels doesnt make as much impact at centre as he did on the wing, maybe Beale centre, Michaels/Boyd wings??......Lockyer and Hunt didnt look comfortable from the start but Hunt still won the battle of the no.1's, mini is soo far off a rep jersey he isnt going to see another one, he just cant read the game as well as he use too...Roosters were robbed with the no-try.....Robinson is solid under the high ball, however i think under pressure catches he would struggle..........Perry was solid when he came on and Sims is getting better and better..........good to see that we can still win the tight games without the 1000 games worth of experience that left last season...........

Great gutsy win tonight but if Hanant and even Taylor join the injured front row brigade we will be running low next week.

The better side deserved to win tonight and we were the better side no doubt about it. The no-try ruling was so wrong, Gould was right to criticise the call..........but suckdin Roodogs [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

Won't go through the performance of each player tonight but will say Boyd continues his great start to the season (anyone know his odds for top tryscorer of the total comp ??), Robinson for mine doesn't look like a first grader sorry to say, runs with little purpose, missed the tackle on Topou when he scored (but so did Locky), looks very sus under the high ball, and doesn't seem to have a lot of confidence.

Will be interesting to see what the judiciary make of Hunt's hit on "The Cat" Anasta. Sims continues to impress and Wally is the real deal. Hodgey also had a great game particularly in defence. And to those saying Michaels is not a centre, I'd leave him there as he and Darius will have huge years.

2 from 2 can't ask for a better start [eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • Broncosgirl
  • Bucking Beads
  • Sproj
  • Santa
  • Painin the Haas
  • Culhwch
  • Wolfie
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Griffo
  • Jazza
  • BroncosAlways
  • IceWorks
  • Ozired
  • mitch222
  • Lurker
  • Big Del
  • ozzball
  • Foordy
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.