Roosters vs Broncos - LIVE scores here (spoiler)

GVreat win and I agree about Robinson, everytime he got the ball and ran it back I was screaming at the TV RUNNNNNNNN !@$#ing RUNNNNNN.

He might as well grab a zimmer frame and paint a target on his chest.

But like others have said he a bit 'green'. Hopefully someone gets a firecracker up his butt soon.

I was starting to feel sorry for the Roosters about a couple of tough calls they got, but then remembered the semi against them in 2002 and it all dissolved away.

Any injury news to come out of the game? Are we sweet in that department?

Russo said:
Will be interesting to see what the judiciary make of Hunt's hit on "The Cat" Anasta.

Bit harsh calling him a cat after tonight, he played on through an obvious amount of pain!

ronnyd said:
Russo said:
Will be interesting to see what the judiciary make of Hunt's hit on "The Cat" Anasta.

Bit harsh calling him a cat after tonight, he played on through an obvious amount of pain!

Ronny once a cat always a cat, regardless of tonight.

bfoord said:
What about Bloody Gould after the Roosters obstruction no try.. he just kept gong on about the video ref and how it was the worst decision in the history of the game [icon_evillaugh

Sorry Gould - worst video ref decision in the history of the game was in State of Origin game 3 2007 at the G when NSW got a try off a Brett Hodgson knock on. I forget who ended up winning....... [icon_wink

Good showing form the boys tonight. Wallace is a great buy for us!!!!! Not only Lockyer, but even Perry looks better when Wallace is steering them around. Anyone who can make Perry look good is a magician! Although was it Wallace who didn;t find touch off the penalty? 1000 laps for him at training this week!!!

They mentioned that Hunt doesn't have a record at the judiciary, plus Anasta actually doesn't seem too dirty about the whole thing, so hopefully he will be right!!!!

Andyman said:
Sorry Gould - worst video ref decision in the history of the game was in State of Origin game 3 2007 at the G when NSW got a try off a Brett Hodgson knock on. I forget who ended up winning....... [icon_wink

NSW won, and Hodgson never played.

yaaaay 1st place. go wallace he was awesome. but my motm goes to hodges for his defence. or maybe hannant for his workload and him continuing to play on through injury, hes something special.

Alec said:
Andyman said:

NSW won, and Hodgson never played.

Andyman just got the year wrong, the game he was referring to was Origin 3, 2006 icon_thumbs_u

We did well to grind that out.

Although we made a few silly errors i thought which we were lucky didn't cost us. I'll put that down to the inexperience of some players.

Ashton Sims is quickly becoming one of my favourite players. Tackles with a bit of venom he does, lovely to watch.

What did people think of the ref? I was at the game so probably didn't get a good look at all his decisions but i thought many were fairly dubious. Anything in the ruck seemed to always go the Roosters way.

In the end a win is a win, let's keep the run going for next Friday.

^ I think Boyd is playing well. He's solid, and quick. He's improved in a big way since last year. Very happy to keep both of the current wingers in their position.

Taken a lot of years to replace Alfie but in Wallace we have at last IMO done it.MOM definately and closely followed by Hodges.
Stagg appears not to have gotten a mention by anyone on this forum but gees that kid is a tough cookie and what a little workhorse.Ben Hennant!Well he just continues on from last year with his workload.
Darius Boyd this year so far has really won me over.He now appears to be really a big part of our team.His maturity and confidence has skyrocketed from last year.
Micheals is proving he is playing in his correct position this year.

We really did make some good buys last year.Now to see how Hewitt and Clinton when fit get the chance to show what they have got.... icon_smile

I believe Roosters try was of course a try but hey goes with the territory and we are sure to get many bad decisions go our way before too much longer as usual.How come Gus wont get fined for speaking like that about Clarke up in the box?
Don't believe K has too much to worry about but do believe the Chooks have as that could be a broken nose for Anasta.Shame on them for keeping Anasta on the field in the last 5min of that game while the guy was bleeding like a stuffed pig.

Great effort Broncs icon_thumbs_u My concerns (deep down)about what our team could do this year before they had a chance to gell have gone out the window.To lose so many class acts in the past year (not forgetting Webcke )and come out with a young team like this so full of enthusiasm and playing for each other so early in the season is mouthwatering.

Enjoyed hearing Wallaces comments about the Broncos when getting his MOM award.

great game. i just wish the Broncs would stop the silly penalties early on in the game. thats the only reason why the Roosters were leading at the half. We were shooting ourselves in the foot with penalites and drop ball.

Still need to stop teams like The Roosters from popping the ball out in tackles. So many times at the game i was yelling 4-5 times in a row- Wrap the ball up. WRAP THE BALL UP!

On a side note - what a waste of money for the Roosters is OMeley. He does nothing all game. Too big and slow for the new game.

Bit of a hollow victory for mine, we definitely got the rub of the green on most of the ref's calls.

In particular, that first half no try ruling was an absolute disgrace. Poor read of play by Hodges, and it was ruled obstruction???

Still, two points is two points and I'm stoked that we're two from two and atop the ladder. But I thought that, from all reports, we'd be finishing around 12th this year? eusa_think

[icon_lol1.

Does anyone know if Karmichael is injured? He looked to be hobbling late in the second half and at one stage was defending out in the centres or wing?

mick! said:
In particular, that first half no try ruling was an absolute disgrace. Poor read of play by Hodges, and it was ruled obstruction???

[icon_lol1.

exactly, but once again thats these stupid rules they have put in place. Defenders are making the wrong choice of player but that becomes the attacking teams fault.

we are rewarding bad defence.

Denny Crane said:
Does anyone know if Karmichael is injured? He looked to be hobbling late in the second half and at one stage was defending out in the centres or wing?

He was wearing some protective padding over a hip it seemed.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Bucking Beads
  • john1420
  • Allo
  • Broncosgirl
  • Volvo Driver
  • Old Mate
  • Financeguy
  • Kev_Guz
  • heartly87
  • sooticus
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.