OFFICIAL Roster Tracker for 2022 and beyond

DIRECT YOUR COMPLAINTS AND CORRECTIONS TO @McHunt

PLAYER ROSTER FOR 2022 AND BEYOND
Salaries are pure speculation based on media reporting.

PLAYER
Adam Reynolds
2022​
2023​
2024​
Albert Kelly
2022​
Billy Walters
2022​
Blake Mozer
2023​
2024​
2025​
Brendan Piakura
2022​
2023​
2024​
Brenko Lee
2022​
Corey Jensen
2022​
2023​
Corey Oates
2022​
Cory Paix
2022​
2023​
Deine Mariner
2023​
2024​
Deloise Hoeter
2022​
Ethan Quai-Ward
2022​
2023​
Ezra Mam
2022​
2023​
2024​
Herbie Farnworth
2022​
2023​
Jake Turpin
2022​
Jesse Arthars
Loan to Warriors​
2023​
Jordan Riki
2022​
2023​
2024​
Jordan Pereira
2022​
2023​
Keenan Palasia
2022​
2023​
Kobe Hetherington
2022​
2023​
Kotoni Staggs
2022​
2023​
2024​
2025​
Kurt Capewell
2022​
2023​
2024​
Leivaha Pulu (train & trial)
T&T​
Logan Bayliss (development)
2022​
2023​
Patrick Carrigan
2022​
2023​
2024​
Payne Haas
2022​
2023​
2024​
Reece Walsh
2023​
2024​
2025​
Rhys Kennedy
2022​
Ryan James
2022​
Selwyn Cobbo
2022​
2023​
2024​
2025​
TC Robati
2022​
2023​
2024​
Te Maire Martin
2022​
Tesi Niu
2022​
2023​
Thomas Flegler
2022​
2023​
Tyrone Roberts
2022​
Tyson Gamble
2022​
Xavier Willison
2022​
2023​
2024​
2025​
Zac Hosking
T&T​

DEVELOPMENT

Logan Bayliss
Deine Mariner
Blake Mozer
Ethan Quai-Ward
Te Maire Martin
Xavier Willison

OFF CONTRACT 2023

Albert Kelly
Billy Walters (expect 2 year extension)
Corey Oates (expect 3 year extension)
Deloise Hoeter
Jake Turpin (won't be extended)
Ryan James (retiring)
Tyson Gamble (released to Knights)

STOCKS

Front Row
Carrigan, Flegler, Haas, James, Willison , Kennedy, Jensen, Palasia, Bayliss

Second Row
Piakura, Riki, Capewell, Leivaha Pulu (t&t), James, Robati, Oates, Palasia, Hosking

Lock
Carrigan, Hetherington, Hosking, Flegler, Leivaha Pulu (t&t), Robati, Palasia

Hooker
Turpin, Paix, Hetherington, Walters

Half
Reynolds, Gamble, Kelly, Mam, Staggs, Walters, Martin, Paix, Roberts, Turpin

Fullback
Niu, Farnworth, Cobbo, Martin, Walsh

Centre
Farnworth, Staggs, Niu, Cobbo, Lee, Capewell, Hoeter

Wing
Cobbo, Oates, Niu, Farnworth, Pereira, Quai-Ward (t&t)

ETHNO MAP

QLD (17)

Billy Walters, Brenko Lee, Corey Jensen, Corey Oates, Cory Paix, Delouise Hoeter, Ezra Mam, Jake Turpin, Keenan Palasia, Kobe Hetherington, Kurt Capewell, Logan Bayliss, Patrick Carrigan, Reece Walsh, Selwyn Cobbo, Thomas Flegler, Tyson Gamble

NZ (9)
Brendan Piakura, Delouise Hoeter, Jordan Riki, Jordan Pereira, Keenan Palasia, Leivaha Pulu, TC Robati, Te Maire Martin, Xavier Willison

NSW (8)
Adam Reynolds, Zac Hosking, Albert Kelly, Kotoni Staggs, Payne Haas, Ryan James, Rhys Kennedy, Tyrone Roberts

Indigenous (9)
Albert Kelly, Brenko Lee, Ezra Mam, Jordan Riki, Kotoni Staggs, Reece Walsh, Ryan James, Selwyn Cobbo, Tyrone Roberts

Tonga (5)
Brenko Lee, Delouise Hoeter, Leivaha Pulu, Kotoni Staggs, Tesi Niu

Samoa (3)
Keenan Palasia, Jordan Pereira, Payne Haas

Cook Islands (2)
Brendan Piakura, Xavier Willison

England (1)
Herbie Farnworth

2022 QCUP ALLOCATIONS

Souths Magpies

Ezra Mam
Kobe Hetherington
Tesi Niu
Cory Paix
Thomas Flegler
Albert Kelly
Blake Mozer
Brenko Lee
Corey Oates
Jordan Pereira
Adam Reynolds
Logan Bayliss
Ethan Quai-Ward

Norths Devils
Kurt Capewell
Herbie Farnworth
Tyson Gamble
Rhys Kennedy
Brendan Piakura
Jordan Riki
Kotoni Staggs
Ryan James
Xavier Willison

Wynnum Manly
Delouise Hoeter
TC Robati
Selwyn Cobbo
Pat Carrigan
Payne Haas
Corey Jensen
David Mead
Keenan Palasia
Jake Turpin
Billy Walters
Te Maire Martin
Deine Mariner

I just realised NRL.com have updated the squad info.

Deine Mariner has re-signed till 2024.
Keenan Palasia has re-signed till 2023.
Ethan Quai-Ward has re-signed till 2023.
Tyrone Roberts has been upgraded to an NRL deal till September 30.

The Broncos still only have 28 players in their NRL squad when they should have 30. That suggests to me one of two things. NRL.com doesn't have every intricate detail of the squad or the NRL are very flexible when it comes to the August 1st deadline and meeting the 30 man requirement. I believe either theory, especially with the Nofoaluma situation.

Also it appears Mariner, Quai-Ward and Mozer will be in the NRL squad from next year.

The Broncos still only have 28 players in their NRL squad when they should have 30. That suggests to me one of two things. NRL.com doesn't have every intricate detail of the squad or the NRL are very flexible when it comes to the August 1st deadline and meeting the 30 man requirement. I believe either theory, especially with the Nofoaluma situation.

Also it appears Mariner, Quai-Ward and Mozer will be in the NRL squad from next year.
Could the release of Isaako being playing a part there??

Didn't they say early on that because he was there for round 1 he technically counted as part of the top 30 and we were able to move forward with his cap space, but weren't required to replace him in the top 30.

Could the release of Isaako being playing a part there??

Didn't they say early on that because he was there for round 1 he technically counted as part of the top 30 and we were able to move forward with his cap space, but weren't required to replace him in the top 30.
When they first introduced the system in 2018 they would count released players towards your squad list but they quickly amended it. I believe it led to situations where Nate Myles had retired but was still a Sea Eagles squad member despite finishing his career at Melbourne. Something bizarre like that and they realised how ridiculous it was and gave Manly the extra space.

Otherwise I believe clubs have to announce 30 of their highest paid players at the club by August 1st and at least 3 developmental players. That could still be the case, but the Broncos are counting Mariner and Mozer towards that list while Willison, Quai-Ward, Bayliss-Brow, Te Kura etc. fill out the development squad.

When they first introduced the system in 2018 they would count released players towards your squad list but they quickly amended it. I believe it led to situations where Nate Myles had retired but was still a Sea Eagles squad member despite finishing his career at Melbourne. Something bizarre like that and they realised how ridiculous it was and gave Manly the extra space.

Otherwise I believe clubs have to announce 30 of their highest paid players at the club by August 1st and at least 3 developmental players. That could still be the case, but the Broncos are counting Mariner and Mozer towards that list while Willison, Quai-Ward, Bayliss-Brow, Te Kura etc. fill out the development squad.
Maybe the released player only counts in the year they were released now?

I recall a situation where someone like Watmough was still counted in Parra's list years after retiring, but if a top 30 player started the year and was released halfway through I can see them allowing that player to still count towards it and not required to be replaced.

Otherwise you could end up in situations where teams are required to upgrade players to the top 30 and possibly pushing their cap to the limit or exceeding it

So you reckon Radley was not concussed ?
Or he is a whiz at passing HIA tests ?
Radley

That Palasia extension is a surprise. Don’t recall hearing anything about it. Not bad news though, he’s been serviceable

Thanks. Hadn't seen a peep about any of those. Can you see any other omissions in the table above?

That Palasia extension is a surprise. Don’t recall hearing anything about it. Not bad news though, he’s been serviceable
I was expecting him to get an extension. Thought they would have announced it by now. I read he rejected bigger offers to stay with the club after it supported him through injury. He, Piakura, Walsh, Gamble and Carrigan seem to be mates going from their Instagram posts. Which seems like a good thing to me.

Index
Index
Index

Great business. This is the Storm way of doing things, just get it done with no fanfare. Mariner re-signing for that length of time is huge.

It bugs me a bit when players say they don't watch other games. It's not like they're being forced to read a book. Nonetheless, it's comforting to hear Patty is not one of them. Palasia, who shares with Piakura and Carrigan, has this to say:

“I don’t watch any footy outside the game I play and our own team videos but Pat watches everything. He is a true footy-head. He has a coach’s head already. He knows every player in the competition. When I have any questions about any of them, I go to him.”​
“As soon as Pat got his surgery he was bouncing ideas off me about what worked and didn’t for me, but I never doubted he would come back as good as he is. He is the hardest working player I have played with.”​

It bugs me a bit when players say they don't watch other games. It's not like they're being forced to read a book. Nonetheless, it's comforting to hear Patty is not one of them. Palasia, who shares with Piakura and Carrigan, has this to say:

“I don’t watch any footy outside the game I play and our own team videos but Pat watches everything. He is a true footy-head. He has a coach’s head already. He knows every player in the competition. When I have any questions about any of them, I go to him.”​
“As soon as Pat got his surgery he was bouncing ideas off me about what worked and didn’t for me, but I never doubted he would come back as good as he is. He is the hardest working player I have played with.”​
Yeah it’s always a bit of a surprise to me. You think you’d at least watch a couple games with players you idolise or want to base your game around.
Gamble said he doesn’t do any video in his own time outside of club video sessions which sounds pretty lazy for a half, especially one on the cusp of not even having a first grade career.

Most players when asked about it watch the games, Footy players have alot of free time outside of their training and playing.

Could be an opportunity for Jake Turpin at Manly .
Their young reserve hooker will not be available for some time .

Thanks. Hadn't seen a peep about any of those. Can you see any other omissions in the table above?
I was using your table as a reference, the only change is Piakura is with the club till 2024 but that isn't news.

I was using your table as a reference, the only change is Piakura is with the club till 2024 but that isn't news.
No, that was my error. Thanks for picking it up.

Waiting for announcements on Oates and Walters, which can't be far off. Hoeter's probably the only other one who's a chance of extending. Hosking, I expect we'll lose.

Radley

I remember hearing about it but it never was announced by the club, but he turned down a bigger contract for longer years to stay loyal to us for a a fraction of the price.

Who are some targets for next year, development and train and trial wise. We've shown we can resurrect/revive/help some careers with the likes of TMM, Jensen, Hoeter, Perierra etc. So we should be a good prospect for players out there. With 3 affiliate clubs for players to show their wares and a lot of potential Origin players that provide rookies with a shot at playing NRL, agents and players should be pretty keen to come.

Tristan Sailors been killing it in Cup, can play 1 and 6. Was found not guilty of his alleged crime, but not sure if Donaghy and Ikin will find the optics worth it. Currently playing for Magpies who are an affiliate so don't know if there's something there already.

I've mentioned Ben Farr a few times, has all the tools you want in a fullback. Speed, ball playing and is still a young kid with lots of growing to do. Can play 1 and 6.

Hopefully Hoeter and JP stick around for backs cover. With Brenko going and Mariner taking his spot there's room for another centre, wing. Jayden Corrigan from the Warriors is playing for Norths, don't know if he's loaned out.or we've signed him.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Aldo
  • Lozza
  • theshed
  • BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Manifesto
  • sooticus
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.