PRE-GAME [Round 1, 2022] - Broncos v Rabbitohs

Status
Not open for further replies.
The difference being Penrith showed us last year's form. We wanted to see an improvement in the trials.

We did in both the previous trials in patches. That is the Broncos in a nutshell, good in patches. The Cowboys game was the same, the team looked great for 20 minutes and took the foot off, conditions got worse and the reserve players came on. The same will likely happen tonight but I am not reading much into it because it is full of reserve graders tonight.

Kevvie:

“The group of players here now have to work together to create our own piece of history. Every time I think of the Broncos, it’s more than just finals football. It’s about a winning culture. I’m sure every club wants to win the premiership this year, but the key for us is not to dwell on the past."

“What happened 30 years ago at the Broncos is not really relevant anymore. They were great memories for myself and ‘Alfie’ and all the players that were involved in those premierships, but it doesn’t mean anything to the current squad. It’s time for these guys to put their own stamp on the place and forge their own legacy at the Broncos.”

“What we need to do is start the journey well. I was happy with the back end of last season and if we can start somewhere near that, that would be great. I believe our squad is so much stronger across the board with our depth and experience. I’m looking forward to a big season.”

Payne:

“I never settle for less than the best and I want the Broncos to be the best. I believe we will play finals this year. If we don’t make the finals this year, it’s a massive failure and I would be really disappointed in ourselves."

“A lot has changed at the Broncos. I’ve seen a change in the club under Kevvie. This is a special club and I know we have the young guys coming through here to get to the top. I believe in this game, if you work hard, the results will come. I want to bring that trophy back to the Broncos. I want to help us build that legacy and make the Broncos successful again.”

McHunt

We did in both the previous trials in patches. That is the Broncos in a nutshell, good in patches. The Cowboys game was the same, the team looked great for 20 minutes and took the foot off, conditions got worse and the reserve players came on. The same will likely happen tonight but I am not reading much into it because it is full of reserve graders tonight.
I don't know. The first trial was great, but we were playing our seconds against a team that wasn't even QCup standard. The second and third trials were abysmal. The saving grace in the second was an arsey try by two players who weren't even selected in this team, which has already been gutted.

Okay, so 7.05pm Queensland time, and who cares everywhere else, got it.

Just discovered that my timezone was set to American Samoa. Fixed that and everything looks good now. Incidentally, if you are in American Samoa, it's apparently an 8.05pm kickoff. Just FYI.
I'll keep that in mind if I ever get over there. 👍

Going to be a whooping like last night's game but will be good to see the broncos play again 😀 The post game thread and Kevvie signed new contract thread will be good 😅

I think you mean 7pm real time and 8pm for those who arbitrarily add an hour to the clock for no reason at all.
The reason is to add an extra hour of daylight. Not really feasible in Qld due to the hot climate. I only live 400 kms from Brissy but the differences in climates are significant. Daylight Savings is awesome here but it wouldn't work in Qld.

**** it's frustrating that we finally sounded like the players got hammered in pre season and fitness was at its peak, FINALLY after years and years then..............

The while fucking squad gets covid ffs

I agree with you both, I think we will get smashed but I am hoping for an honourable loss. The Rabbits aren't the team they were last year but neither are the Broncs and that says a lot because they weren't great last year either.

The NRL need to get a better microphone set up .
Press conferences where the coach answers questions that cant be heard ...

We needed gamble in this game to annoy Cody walker so he makes mistakes and gives away penalties. Hopefully someone else can piss him off a bit.

Let's hope we're both wildly pessimistic.

I don't think you need to hope for that, I can confirm you are both in actual fact pessimistic - and, of course, not necessarily unreasonably so. If we win, you will still have been pessimistic; the result will not change your historical pessimism, but it may give you some optimism moving forward to balance out the pessimism. Or you might continue to expect the worst, regardless. We are each of us individuals, with our own thoughts and feelings, and that can not be judged correct or incorrect, true or false, zero or one.

Pessimism does seem to be the gold standard across this forum, and it can be a gloomy place to populate sometimes. Thank god we have @Santa to even things out.

I think this is the first time I haven't tipped the Broncos in my entire life. I'm pretty disgusted by what I saw in the trials.
lol how was this game the final straw?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Big Del
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Santa
  • bb_gun
  • winslow_wong
  • Bucking Beads
  • Skathen
  • Battler
  • Ondi
  • Culhwch
  • Fitzy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Financeguy
  • GCBRONCO
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.