PRE-GAME [Round 1, 2022] - Broncos v Rabbitohs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albert Kelly:

“I’m excited for this, bring it on. I’m definitely confident I can step up for ‘Reyno’. I’ve had 13 or 14 years in the game, I’ve played in Australia and England and I’ve been in all sorts of positions, six, one, seven, lock and even centre. But the halves is where I’m most suited and I know what I have to do. It’s important I take control of the team and give my teammates around me the confidence to do their jobs."

“I came home to Australia last year to literally nothing. No guarantees in the NRL. At my heaviest in England, I was 106kg. But coming back to the NRL, the training intensities are so much higher. I knew if I wanted to keep my career going, I had to get fitter and I’ve done that. I’ve lost 17 kilos in total. It’s been nothing but hard work, training hard and sorting out my diet. I’m really proud of how much hard work I have put in. I believe I have earnt this opportunity and I want to hold onto a Broncos jumper for as many years as I can.”

Kevvie:

“It’s not about what other people think, it’s about what we think as a playing group and the only way to silence all the doubters is for Billy to go out and play the way we know he can play. I am extremely proud for him with my dad’s hat on, but I have my coach’s hat on for this game. I remember a famous line from Wayne Bennett, if you start listening to the punters, you will be sitting there with them in the stands. It’s a great opportunity for Billy. If he plays the football he is capable of, that will be great for us and great for the team as well.”

McHunt
I’m a bit sceptical of this reporting, otherwise it seems Walters didn’t **** up the cliché.

Seems dubious at best.

Why people are worried about the trials is bemusing...

Did anyone see any of Penriths trials?

Did anyone see any of that carry over last night?

Whta happens tonight is key....not the trials...
Problem with your argument is Penrith had more than half of their side out in the trial games, we didn't.

Problem with your argument is Penrith had more than half of their side out in the trial games, we didn't.
Not quite half their team but no Edwards, Fisher-Harris, Martin & Yeo. All of them were amongst Penrith's best last night.

I'm still not seeing why some of you lot are so pessimistic. There is a good chance that maybe, they possibly might not even score a try probably. Its certainly feasible that there is a chance that could happen.

Broncos 32 Rabbits 0

I'm still not seeing why some of you lot are so pessimistic. There is a good chance that maybe, they possibly might not even score a try probably. Its certainly feasible that there is a chance that could happen.

Broncos 32 Rabbits 0
Because we have our 1,7,9 and 13 all out of our side. Arguably the most important positions in our side too with regards to playmaking.

That's no reason to be defeatist. We have an international player at fullback and he is a backup!
An international winger not a fullback. Isaako is as much as a fullback as Hoffman is

I’m drinking hard tonight/now in preparation

I've gotta get up at 2am tomorrow for work, but I'm staying up for this one. First game of the season, come on boys!

If I see any craven bed-wetters in the match thread, I'll be dishing it out.

Fuckin' let's have it!

Broncos 32 Rabbits 0
Added to the multi... thanks for the tip mate 👍👍👍

I've gotta get up at 2am tomorrow for work, but I'm staying up for this one. First game of the season, come on boys!

If I see any craven bed-wetters in the match thread, I'll be dishing it out.

Fuckin' let's have it!
May as well let me have it now, save you time later.

A win without Reynolds would be massive for this teams confidence. Every game is important but given the covid interruptions leading into this, a victory would be worth more then 2 points.

I genuinely think if we can produce an 80 minute performance we can give it a good shake. If we have our typical 20-30 minute game fade out you can bet a heavy loss will ensue.

Our best chance to win in my eyes is a simple game plan. Hold the ball, get to the last and boot to the corners and chase. We have some good meter eaters in our side so smash it up the middle and look for a quick play the ball and hopefully just camp down their end.

Seeing last nights game and how fit both sides looked i truly hope our boys were flogged over the offseason as has been suggested in the media. If you're underdone and face a side who's ultra fit like we saw last night it will will literally look like boys against men.

May as well let me have it now, save you time later.
dave bautista batista GIF by WWE

dave bautista batista GIF by WWE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Hurrijo
  • Foordy
  • lynx000
  • NSW stables
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • barker
  • Sproj
  • Santa
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.