PRE-GAME [Round 1, 2023] Panthers vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do hope that people are laughing at the fact that Crawley "predicts" the Dolphins only win is against us ... not that he predicts us to have 4 wins from the opening 6 rounds (he predicts the Storm to have 3 BTW) 😝

here is Crawleys prediction for our first 6 weeks. he predicts we will have 4 wins on the board

R1: Panthers @ BlueBet Stadium (L)

R2: Cowboys @ Suncorp Stadium (W)

R3: Dragons @Suncorp Stadium (W)

R 4: Dolphins @ Suncorp Stadium (L)

R5: Tigers @ Suncorp Stadium (W)

R6: Raiders @ Suncorp Stadium (W)

p.s. he only gives the Phins 1 win ... against us
Yeah he's trying to create the narrative that broncos should get off to a flyer because we're playing 5/6 at Suncorp ... he's put this out there now so he can come back to it if we do lose some games... OR if we do win the games then he can come back and talk about our soft start to the year and it should be expected.

He neglects to mention that it's been pretty unanimously reported that we have the hardest draw in the comp, having to play last year's Top 8 14 times out of a possible 16

here is Crawleys prediction for our first 6 weeks. he predicts we will have 4 wins on the board

It is Crawley and if it isn't about Cricket he is clueless.

Honestly, I really think the Dolphins will get a win on us this season, at least it will be close. Won't make sense based on Dolphin form, but it will do wonders for pushing the rivalry and clickbaiting so many NRL media consumers.

To be fair to Crawley, I think he might be right here. I would probably say Cowboys will be a close loss, not a win, but I think it will be 1-1 against the Cowboys this season. Same with the Dolphins 1-1.

Honestly, I really think the Dolphins will get a win on us this season, at least it will be close. Won't make sense based on Dolphin form, but it will do wonders for pushing the rivalry and clickbaiting so many NRL media consumers.

To be fair to Crawley, I think he might be right here. I would probably say Cowboys will be a close loss, not a win, but I think it will be 1-1 against the Cowboys this season. Same with the Dolphins 1-1.
Golden point against the Cowboys is Broncos canon. No risk predicting a return to that. But the Dolphins, ****, if we don't paste them twice, the Kevvie train will have empty carriages from engine to caboose.

So we are beating Raiders and cowboys but not dolphins riiiiight

The Panthers will be better for their W C challenge, it was a really good hit out for them.

I'm not sure what to take out of our trials. We were ok but our defence still has me worried and Cobbo's lack of talk and fitness will be tested by the Panthers.

Panthers are at home as well which is a hard draw for the first round. I'm hopeful but not confident..
Panthers by 15..

I do hope that people are laughing at the fact that Crawley "predicts" the Dolphins only win is against us ... not that he predicts us to have 4 wins from the opening 6 rounds (he predicts the Storm to have 3 BTW) 😝

He's banking on the Giants!

1988 Broncos had won 7/9 Giants were winless and Giants got the Broncos 25-22. GIbbs busted Wally's shoulder and Wally missed his first Origin.

1. Kilroy
2. R.Teevan
3. Plowman
4. Miles
5. Johns
6. Lewis
7. Langer
8. Matterson
9. Noke
10. Hohn
11. Tessman
12. Conescu
13. Dowling
14. Gee
15.French
16. Benson

Broncos tries Lewis 2, Conescu, Matterson- Goals Matterson 3/5.
Giants tries Mieni 2, Close, Gibbs Goals McCarthy 4/5. Field Goal- Mark Gee

Broncos got the penalties 12-5- four players in the bin.

Cobbo's lack of talk
is when he says it best.

Ff11ef829b707bd41571008bdfb0c3c8

Nah Crawley is the Bennett mouth organ... hence Dolphins winning in round 4
Can't really hold it against commentators for trying to make a silk purse out of what Bennett's put together. Before we see them play, anyway.

I know we jest and discuss the referees a bit during the season, but have a look at the “10m” that the likes of Penrith, Storm and Rorters hold during this year.

The “successful” sides will constantly stand off side from the first couple of minutes.
This will get a couple of results from the refs. They either let it go and it keeps happening or they will penalise. Either way, the NRL will never allow a lopsided 40-4 penalty count, so eventually these sides train the ref to hold an 8-9 metre line. Then we wonder how they’re so fast off their line and take time and space away.

This sort of goes back to what I was saying about Penrith’s back 5 doing the work from their own half. It’s automatic and a learned behaviour.

Remember this as you watch a bit of footy this season, it’s been happening for a few years now.

Can you please find another hill to die on.

This one is MY hill and after all the effort I've done in making it comfortable, I'm not letting some young upstart just walk up and throw themselves dramatically on the ground.

Can you please find another hill to die on.

This one is MY hill and after all the effort I've done in making it comfortable, I'm not letting some young upstart just walk up and throw themselves dramatically on the ground.
season 6 boys GIF

Golden point against the Cowboys is Broncos canon. No risk predicting a return to that. But the Dolphins, ****, if we don't paste them twice, the Kevvie train will have empty carriages from engine to caboose.
Maybe if we lose against the Dolphins you might actually start to see what some of us are talking about regarding the game management?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Manofoneway
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Socnorb
  • Skathen
  • Bucking Beads
  • Sproj
  • bb_gun
  • FACTHUNT
  • john1420
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Hurrijo
  • azza.79
  • mitch222
  • KateBroncos1812
  • broncsgoat
  • Gaz
  • Locky's Left Boot
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.