PRE-GAME [Round 1, 2023] Panthers vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Queue meltdown with the 9 jersey

The 14 mightn't run out on the pitch at the start of the game, but hopefully the reports of Paix having won the hooking spot means he's going to get more minutes than Billy. Billy can cop the opening 20-25 minutes, Paix can come on until he can't go anymore, Billy closes it out (hopefully after the 70 minute mark) for the easy and historic 96 point victory.

First hit out of the season.. the bigger boys will tire faster.. can understand the emphasis on middles on the bench, but we really have to hope both second rowers can play the full 80.

On second rowers, Riki really has to show something this year - he has been completely unremarkable for his entire career yet is handed the starting spot every season. Would love to see Piakura at least threatening to take it...

On a final note (because I don't know where else to post it)... Can we all just enjoy the fact that Milford couldn't even crack the Dolphins starting 17
One thing you can say about riki is that he actually "stays on ball" in defence and is quite good at scramble defence. He is often making the cover tackles.... shit hands and hole running though.

I noticed a lot in the world cup and trials, that when the ball goes past piakura, he stops and walks. He either gets caught out or isn't there to cover in case.

It could be a symptom of the kids that dominate at a young age, in that they have not had to try in the past, so dont have those habit. Thing is, he is not going to dominate the nrl so needs to up his game.

How did Bostock not get a run??

Bennett infuriating supercoaches everywhere
Not me was banking on milf milfing it up and katoa to play from rd1
Depending how he goes i think the only way we see milf playing is if O'Sullivan shits the bed

The 14 mightn't run out on the pitch at the start of the game, but hopefully the reports of Paix having won the hooking spot means he's going to get more minutes than Billy. Billy can cop the opening 20-25 minutes, Paix can come on until he can't go anymore, Billy closes it out (hopefully after the 70 minute mark) for the easy and historic 96 point victory.
I actually feel like teams were starting to do this last year anyway... including us with Paix... but it didnt seem to matter on BHQ.

Intent being that you get your spark plug hooker on when the defence is tiring... also look to repurpose your starting hooker as a lock later on if you want them both on the field.

Hunt started over Harry in origin
BSmith started over Harry at storm
Woolford started over Starling at Canberra
Verrils started over Watson at rorters
Kenny would sometimes start over Api

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• matthewransom34@ic
  • Behind enemy lines
  • ChewThePhatt
  • teampjta
  • Fitzy
  • Sproj
  • broncsgoat
  • Gaz
  • Culhwch
  • Lurker
  • Skyblues87
  • Redfern_1980
  • Jazza
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.