PRE-GAME [Round 1, 2023] Panthers vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d be ok with either and with Cobbo basically being a rookie at fullback, if he stuffs up, Arthars can switch with him.
I would probably name Cobbo but start Arthur's at Fullback for the first part of the game.
There's a chance Cleary will test Cobbo early and if he has a drop his confidence will be down.

Interesting. I wonder if Kevvie plays it safe and goes with Arthars or takes the risk and goes with Mariner. Certainly pros and cons for both options. I'd love to see Mariner get the shot.
I'd much rather see Mariner. Arthars is a plodder who couldn't even secure a regular gig with the lowly Warriors.

if the panthers were ever going to be vulnerable outside of the origin period it will be this game. Adjusting to no Api or Kikau, a few injuries in the backs, and Lui apparently nursing a bung calf.

That being said I just can’t see Cobbo handling Cleary’s kicking game with any level of competence. You need to be almost perfect to beat Penrith and Cobbo will be under immense pressure.

Panthers, first game, they could be vulnerable IF Walsh plays.
Risk Walsh in the first game if he isn’t fully fit?! No way. Focus on the Cows and build from there.

Just saw the video from Carrigan, not sure if he is taking subtle digs at the Dolphins for poaching or suggesting he might end up going there as he is a bit jealous of the money Flegs has got. Interesting.

Just saw the video from Carrigan, not sure if he is taking subtle digs at the Dolphins for poaching or suggesting he might end up going there as he is a bit jealous of the money Flegs has got. Interesting.

I think you're reading too much into it.

Even if Carrigan was considering leaving us, he'd never even hint it while wearing a Broncos jersey in an official club interview... he's far too professional for that.

Besides, if Flegler is costing them 800k a season, they'd have to pay Carrigan $1.5 million a year

Considering some fans were happy to part Patty a few years back, he has done a complete 180 and become a professional leader here. He is the future of this club and someone others will follow. He knows it and I think he would want to be a part of the premiership run. Multiple Premiership run.

The thing I am most nervous about is Cobbo. I think he is brilliant but fullback requires the player to do some thinking on behalf of the team. Cobbo is very immature and can't really even think for himself, let alone the team.

The loss of Walsh may cost us the game, however I just hope we defend well and have few errors!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• davidp
  • RodF
  • Sproj
  • broncos4life
  • Broncorob
  • broncsgoat
  • Johnny92
  • Skyblues87
  • Brotherdu
  • Justwin
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.