10 P. Haas 0 0 0 0 7 1 31 1 1 21 0 0 0m 113m 0 0
11 B. Piakura 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 0m 10m 0 0
12 J. Riki 0 0 0 0 0 0 46 3 2 13 0 0 0m 101m 1 0
13 P. Carrigan 0 0 0 0 0 2 19 5 3 16 0 0 0m 133m 0 0
8 C. Jensen 0 0 0 0 0 0 45 2 1 11 0 0 0m 87m 1 0
14 T. Smoothy 0 0 0 0 0 0 26 1 1 45 2 0 0m 30m 0 0
15 F. Baker 0 0 0 0 0 1 17 0 0 7 0 0 0m 54m 0 0
16 K. Hetherington 0 0 0 0 1 0 16 1 2 13 0 0 0m 82m 1 0

Just catching up on the Leniu's alleged comments - the performance and result is now irrelevant to me, the focus must be on weeding this shit out of the game and out of society.

If he has said what is alleged, the NRL needs to come down very hard. There is absolutely no place for that shit anywhere in the world.
The best way the **** can deal with it is to admit he fucked up.
He basically admitted it in a post game interview saying it's all fun and games..

A couple of comments about the ref should have called a penalty for the racial slur but I am on the ref's side here. I think he handled it well. This would have been totally unexpected and of course, there is no way he could know there and then about whether it was true or not. If he blows the penalty, it kind of implies he knows what was said and confirms it which he can't do if he didn't hear it.

Besides what is going to stop some low life from claiming something like this in a big game just to get a penalty if an allegation is an automatic penalty? As sad as it is, this kind of situation just cannot result in a penalty.

My rough thoughts on the match (for what it's worth):

The Result
1. About right. Roosters deserved the win.
2. Could've been a lot worse.
3. We didn't match our hype.

The Venue
1. Hated the result, but loved the drama. Thumbs up from me as a once off (probably won't be us next year).
2. The narrow field didn't help either of our centres or wings.
3. The short in-goal was a motherfucker.
4. Fantastic way to start the season.
5. But looking forward to regular programming.

The Coach
1. Taupau in for Willison. Good call, Badel. Dubious call, Kevvie.
2. Losing a rookie 2nd rower already under an injury cloud shouldn't throw a team into chaos. But it did. Sorry, Kevvie but that's on you.
3. Tyson and Billy on at the same time. Do better, Kevvie.
4. The bench needs a big rethink. Just as well we didn't lose a back.

The Captain
1. Continuation of Reyno's GF final form. His kicking game has gone to shit.
2. If Kevvie were to drop anyone from this match, it should be Reyno. But he's the best we have. And the next isn't even close.
3. He has to come good or our season's fucked.
4. Right now, this is a MAJOR concern.
5. All eyes on Coby Black. Get ready kid, we might need you next year.

The Changes
1. Deine is ready, but will require some patience. He stays.
2. Jesse continues to punch above our expectations. He stays.
3. Selwyn performed to the lower bar of our expectations. I wouldn't rule out a future swap with Mariner.
4. Hard not to think we missed Herbie, Capewell and Flegler. Selwyn < Herbie at this point.

The Team
1. Walsh is by far our MVP. Love him.
2. We no longer/currently have a formidable pack, and certainly not with Carrigan on an edge.
3. Hetheringon, Baker and Jensen were outclassed.
4. Riki did way more work than you noticed.
5. Our attack looked slicker with Tyson at dummy half. His passing game is underrated. Still counting down the days until Mozer is deemed ready.
6. When Payne chimes into the backline, get ready for a try.

The Opposition
1. Bunch of *****.
2. Tedesco, Radley and Cheese return to form. **** them.
3. Walker outplayed Reynolds. That can't happen again.
4. Credit where it's due. Grudgingly.

The Way Forward
1. Reynolds has to be better. A lot better. At everything. Simple as that.
2. We need a second rower on the bench. Could Patston be it? He looks like Capewell MkII.
3. Hetherington, Taupau, Baker and Jenson are far from safe.
4. Persevere with Mariner. Cobbo is still an experiment.
5. Don't panic. The Roosters were actually pretty decent.
6. Maybe this is the wake-up call we needed.

A couple of comments about the ref should have called a penalty for the racial slur but I am on the ref's side here. I think he handled it well. This would have been totally unexpected and of course, there is no way he could know there and then about whether it was true or not. If he blows the penalty, it kind of implies he knows what was said and confirms it which he can't do if he didn't hear it.

Besides what is going to stop some low life from claiming something like this in a big game just to get a penalty if an allegation is an automatic penalty? As sad as it is, this kind of situation just cannot result in a penalty.

Unfortunately you’re right here, it’s a shit situation.

I agree a penalty shouldn't have been blown, but listening to the mic, he didn't seem to care what Mam had to say until other players piped up and even then he seemed aggrieved to put it on report.

Would it have even happened if Leniu was penalised for being a grub in the ruck?

Still didn't handle it well by saying repeatedly 'we'll deal with it later' 2 or 3 times

Upset about all this. We're with you, Ezra. I'm sure the entire league is too.

Roosters players, coaches and fans response to this has really shattered my view of them. I've always really respected them as an organisation. That has definitely changed after today.

The Venue
1. Hated the result, but loved the drama. Thumbs up from me as a once off (probably won't be us next year).
2. The narrow field didn't help either of our centres or wings.
3. The short in-goal was a motherfucker.
4. Fantastic way to start the season.
5. But looking forward to regular programming.

Was just chatting to a mate about this. I liked most of it, I just dunno if I liked that 2 competition points were on offer on a non regulation field across the globe.

I get that they wanted buy in from the US and making it 'real' for 'real' competition points was likely a selling point, I just wonder if maybe a 9s style type carnival for pre season might suffice.

I know its not the traditional NRL product, but it would be better suited to the smaller ground.

Dunno really, there's just parts of it I didn't like. Home team had a huge advantage being able to train on the ground too. (Not saying they don't deserve an advantage for taking a home game to the US, but you get what I mean)

These scumbags on social media are the biggest cowards on the planet. What type of sick f**k hides behind a keyboard and attacks somebody for calling out what needs calling out. If the NRL wants to make a stand on something this is it. You can't on the one hand have indigenous round and indigenous all stars profiting off their immense talents, and on the other hand say "we will deal with this later" "as this is "a specticle".
Adam Gee needs to be sat out to be honest, after hearing the way he dealt with that situation "do you want to make an official complaint". As soon as that he was made known he should have said who was it and it's going on report. The victim of racial abuse should not be the one who makes that call and the repercussion of it is him being villified and furtherly racially abused on social media because Adam Gee thought "the specticle" was more important than a human being.

No penalty required but he should have put the whole thing on report instantly for review.

I agree a penalty shouldn't have been blown, but listening to the mic, he didn't seem to care what Mam had to say until other players piped up and even then he seemed aggrieved to put it on report.

Would it have even happened if Leniu was penalised for being a grub in the ruck?

Still dont get how he can get clearly seen slapping riki in the head but he got nothing for it.

Was just chatting to a mate about this. I liked most of it, I just dunno if I liked that 2 competition points were on offer on a non regulation field across the globe.

I get that they wanted buy in from the US and making it 'real' for 'real' competition points was likely a selling point, I just wonder if maybe a 9s style type carnival for pre season might suffice.

I know its not the traditional NRL product, but it would be better suited to the smaller ground.

Dunno really, there's just parts of it I didn't like. Home team had a huge advantage being able to train on the ground too. (Not saying they don't deserve an advantage for taking a home game to the US, but you get what I mean)
Yeah, all that is true, but it was fun. The players loved it. It generated tons of publicity back home. It was a terrific way to kick off the season. Just a shame we lost two points. But like Kevvie said, both teams played on the same field. Everyone had trained for it.

I'm not really buying into the notion that it's selling the product to America. I think that's a bit of a red herring.

These scumbags on social media are the biggest cowards on the planet. What type of sick f**k hides behind a keyboard and attacks somebody for calling out what needs calling out. If the NRL wants to make a stand on something this is it. You can't on the one hand have indigenous round and indigenous all stars profiting off their immense talents, and on the other hand say "we will deal with this later" "as this is "a specticle".
Adam Gee needs to be sat out to be honest, after hearing the way he dealt with that situation "do you want to make an official complaint". As soon as that he was made known he should have said who was it and it's going on report. The victim of racial abuse should not be the one who makes that call and the repercussion of it is him being villified and furtherly racially abused on social media because Adam Gee thought "the specticle" was more important than a human being.
Adam Gee isn’t going to have anything done because he reffed the best grand final according to the halfwits in the media. Gee has been one of the worst refs for most of his career and he calls one game that the media flogs love and he is apparently the best we have. This game is fucked.

I might be missing something because I haven’t watched the game again and honestly won’t but what can the ref do there aside from say we’ll deal with it later? He isn’t a counsellor. He’s also got two very charged up teams ready to blow that he’s trying to control. Of course he may have done something I missed and that is where the ire is coming from.

Can confirm. Back in my day, my entire school (same as Karmichael Hunt, Brody Croft, etc) were collectively called "Churchie poofters." This was chanted at us over megaphones in every sporting match, along with descriptions of us taking it up the arse all night long, doo dah, etc. Didn't see a lot of tears shed over it.
Oh, shit. Do I know you?

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • Financeguy
  • Old Mate
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Xzei
  • LittleDavey
  • Broncosgirl
  • Strop
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Midean
  • Manifesto
  • Mister Wright
  • Waynesaurus
  • Footy Fanatic
  • FACTHUNT
  • jd87
  • Griffo
  • Skyblues87
  • Galah
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.