PRE-GAME [Round 1, 2024] Roosters vs Broncos in Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh good ol' Vegas..

GHfnI3ib0AAiJdN

You'd hate him when he refs Melbourne.

I hate every ref when they ref Melbourne. At best gutless. Probably terrified Bellyache would come down to the sideline and eat their brains.

Oh good ol' Vegas..

GHfnI3ib0AAiJdN

Just watched a bit of those two

Kent was effectively bagging out the whole aim of taking the game to the US and questioning whether it'll work - talk about biting the hand that's feeding you

And then both turned it into a 'NFL sucks, NRL #1' rant

Who thought sending these two imbeciles would be a good idea?

BOOO! Don't ruin the dream.
I don't blame Gee for the result or think he was terrible, if anything Brisbane received the biggest reprieve on the night when Haas could have easily been binned for hip-dropping Cleary.

I've just seen this song and dance before about officials 'staying out of it'. They do and then everyone loses their mind when Melbourne benefits. There's also something to be said about the quality of the game as well, not too many teams could have made a game of it like Brisbane did. Plus, I don't remember too many 50/50 calls - they were all fairly black and white and he let a few of those go.

I don't blame Gee for the result or think he was terrible, if anything Brisbane received the biggest reprieve on the night when Haas could have easily been binned for hip-dropping Cleary.

I've just seen this song and dance before about officials 'staying out of it'. They do and then everyone loses their mind when Melbourne benefits. There's also something to be said about the quality of the game as well, not too many teams could have made a game of it like Brisbane did. Plus, I don't remember too many 50/50 calls - they were all fairly black and white and he let a few of those go.
I think the calls to ref the game like Gee did ignore how much Penrith were taking the piss in the ruck.

They realised the ref wasn't doing anything and took advantage of it.

If they ref like that tomorrow it will be anything but a spectacle to sell to a new market.

The ref should be harsh on the ruck and offside to ensure a more open game is created... especially with the narrower field.

What it did was the allow the two best teams all year sort it out amongst themselves. Both teams go t away with a bit each way and what a game it was as a result. I know it wouldn't work all the time and of course, teams like Melbourne will inevitably cheat if given that much leeway but I'll take this over getting hammered with three ridiculous sinbins like we did against Melbourne I think it was any day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• BroncsNBundy
  • TimWhatley
  • maddo
  • HVbronco
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.