PRE-GAME Round 1 - Broncos vs Rabbitohs

So what u are saying is nothing Bennett could do would be wrong in your eyes? No matter how bad his selections you will just trust him coz he's not a shit coach? Talk about blindly following

You're clearly exaggerating the situation, and when it comes to Reed and Copley, you simply refuse to listen.

Please shut up.

Dude, he's paying $17. After that offload from Blair to him during the World Club game, I think he could do it easily against tired forwards

17 bucks, srs dude?! Wow, ok good point, am gona take your tip and put some hard earned on the MilfMan too. I may owe you a bevvie or 2 for the tip, righhttt lol.

To be honest foordy I sae the team lists on facebook and I'm disappointed to see maranta over Vidot. Was going to say as much but after reading this thread and seeing the tantrums and the way the anti-bennett people are acting like children so that they can feel the are right, I decided not to.

I'm sick of this bullshit and watching good people like yourself turn into arseholes over it, so I'm gonna say nothing, enjoy the bullshit
That goes for both sides and the excuses for the WTF selections we saw today. This "I told you so" bullshit isn't gonna be done any time soon, given the characters on both sides of the fence... :rolleyes:

As far as I'm concerned, with the cancelling of the last trial, some players haven't had a chance to get game rhythm, and WB is probably selecting based on that.
Oates should get a wing spot, but probably isn't fit enough, same goes for Gillett in the backrow, and hopefully both will find their way into the starting team soon. Garbutt also has had barely any work, but hopefully he'll find his way into the team soon as well.

Maranta is clearly a defensive selection (giving poor Hodgo a massive headache in his first game as single captain), as is Reed.
But that is no surprise if you know Bennett, and facing a team like Souths, probably not even the worst idea... although I doubt we can grind them out so early in our rebuilding phase.

We will sorely miss Vidot's runs out of trouble, especially against this Souths pack, and I'm convinced Niko might get the final nod ahead of Whitchurch.

I guess we'll see what happens, but it's way too early to start throwing I told you so's around.

Wait.. Bennett named the 17 and Todd Lowrie, David Stagg & Travis Waddell weren't in it?..

But.. the Anti-Bennett crew said they would be..

Wait.. Bennett named the 17 and Todd Lowrie, David Stagg & Travis Waddell weren't in it?..

But.. the Anti-Bennett crew said they would be..

Mate, seriously do u think we meant both stagg and lowrie would be named at the same time. Ffs, it was clearly an overstatement made to accentuate his selection policies. I would've thought there was at least one of stagg or lowrie tho so I was definitely wrong there, but to actually think we thought all of them would be named is just silly

You're clearly exaggerating the situation, and when it comes to Reed and Copley, you simply refuse to listen.

Please shut up.
How am I exaggerating the post I quoted? I'm not saying u are all like that, but that one post I quoted is 100% blindly following. Read it again. This time last year, the selections were bad, but now Bennett is making them he will trust the selections? Jesus.

I don't give two ***** what team was named. I just want to see them all play first and then I'll have a real opinion on what I think of the team moving forward. I'm much more interested in seeing how everyone plays first.

Why is everyone losing their shit?

It's the first game of the season, gang! Let's all be happy the footy is back. :)

In this one instance (probably against storm as well) I am happy with Maranta over vidot. Otherwise reynolds would be chipping over the top all night long.
we will miss his meters though.

Not too keen on whitchurch but the idea of an extended bench is that it could change.
Mind you apparently he made 30+ tackles in England.

Outside of Whitchurch there are no surprises and his selection is really the least consequential of the bunch. As I said, he could have named Todd Lowrie there and it wouldn't have really mattered.

I think the Reed selection surprised....or maybe that's just disappointment I'm feeling.

One surprise is it's been been 4-5 hrs since the team announcement and nobody's started a sack Wayne Bennett thread.

I think the Reed selection surprised....or maybe that's just disappointment I'm feeling.

One surprise is it's been been 4-5 hrs since the team announcement and nobody's started a sack Wayne Bennett thread.

Only 2 hours and 13 minutes. Give it time.

It shouldn't have surprised anyone who read the papers.

I feel bad fence sitting while everyone has such strong opinions either way.

I am a bit surprised by some of the selections. I would prefer a team void of Reed and Maranta based on last years results. Not a big fan of the bench either. That being said I do think (and have always stated on here) that Reed gets a bit unfairly rated by bhq members.

These guys have had a new pre-season and a new coach since last year though. Maybe they looked better compared to the alternatives so I'll wait until a few weeks in before losing my shit about their inclusion.

People losing their mind about the possible Hodgo/Kahu in game swapping are being silly. I have faith the justin and Jordan have the iq required to trade where they're standing in the field. It's not hard.

If you look at Reed, and forget about his first season, he'd be a lol selection at any other club. Even the Sharks.

If you look at Reed, and forget about his first season, he'd be a lol selection at any other club. Even the Sharks.

He would make the Rabbitohs over Goodwin.
He would make the Eels over Champion.
He would make Manly over Clint Gutherson.
He would make the Tigers over Lawrence.
He would make the Cowboys over Wright and Linnett.
He would make the Sharks over Leutele.
He would make the Dragons over Nielsen.
He would make the Storm over Kurt Mann.

I'm fine with the team.

Hodges will be chiming in at fullback, that's a guarantee. Copley will most likely be playing left centre, as well.

Maranta over Vidot, I am fine with that. Both of them are crappy finishers.. Yeah, Vidot's hit ups are good but if the forwards do their job then we won't have much problems in that area.

The only selection that baffles me is Whitchurch.. I'm not sure why he is there but I guess we will find out.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.