PRE-GAME Round 1 - Broncos vs Rabbitohs

**** me, first real game hasn't even kicked off and we are already questioning the greatest coach of the NRL era about his selections and maybe how we should have stuck with Hook who had us sooooooooo close to a premiership that we finished 8th last year and missed the finals the year before. Griffin didn't get sacked for one or two games, he got sacked for two lousy seasons

Honestly tho idk what people expected WB to do, he can't just pull new players out of his ass. He is working with what he has got. Lets hope the players who he has shown faith in step up and prove that they deserve their spot.

Now we've got people criticizing Souths selections. :laugh:

Believe it or not, but in modern Rugby League it isn't possible to have a superstar 17.

Unless you're the Roosters! Ahhhhh that old dead horse.

Last edited:
Joe O and Oates offer so much more than Dodds and Whitchurch. Maranta for Vidot is a bit of a joke as well.

Now we've got people criticizing Souths selections. :laugh:

Believe it or not, but in modern Rugby League it isn't possible to have a superstar 17.

Unless you're the Roosters! Ahhhhh that old dead horse.

Well I looked at that South's side, and it looks far less intimidating with Burgess and Te'o not there. They lose a lot of mongrel from those two players

He is sharing fullback with Zillman much like kahu and hodges are

So you could read that article and retain the information but not the numerous articles stating that Copley and reed will be swapping positions as well?

The reaction to this announcement was always going to be split down party lines.

The Bennett faithful were always going to justify Bennetts selections, no matter how poor.

TheAnti-Bennett brigade were always going to find fault with some selections ... Although Bennett didn't make it that hard for us to find a reason to qyestuon a selection or two

Think thing are heated now wait for the end of round one, so many I told you so's you won't know what to do with them

I reckon the market on Milford as first try scorer is looking the goods

Vidot missing out is strange, but we all know Maranta will **** up eventually.

The reaction to this announcement was always going to be split down party lines.

The Bennett faithful were always going to justify Bennetts selections, no matter how poor.

TheAnti-Bennett brigade were always going to find fault with some selections ... Although Bennett didn't make it that hard for us to find a reason to qyestuon a selection or two

To be honest foordy I sae the team lists on facebook and I'm disappointed to see maranta over Vidot. Was going to say as much but after reading this thread and seeing the tantrums and the way the anti-bennett people are acting like children so that they can feel the are right, I decided not to.

I'm sick of this bullshit and watching good people like yourself turn into arseholes over it, so I'm gonna say nothing, enjoy the bullshit

Yeah it is frustrating, a footy hasn't even been kicked and people are already giving up on the season.

Load up on the Bunnies by more than 13.5 lads ,gonna be ezy cash to be made here.

Dude, he's paying $17. After that offload from Blair to him during the World Club game, I think he could do it easily against tired forwards

For the record, I'd rather Vidot as our long term winger over Maranta, but Reynolds would kick to his wing all night long. He'd be a fair chance to let in at least a couple of tries. I imagine that's the rationale behind the selection.

Daniel needs to drop a few kegs and work on fielding kicks. I hope he does, and finds his way back into the team quick smart.

Nothing worse than seeing pricks who claim to be supporters, write us off before the season begins.

So players can't improve under Bennett? Reed and Maranta were shit last year under a shit coach. If they have improved why shouldn't they get a go? I'd trust Bennett's judgment on their improvement. I wouldn't trust Griffin's. He was a shit coach.

Don't get Whitchurch. Doubt he will play.

Agree re swapping Copley though...

So what u are saying is nothing Bennett could do would be wrong in your eyes? No matter how bad his selections you will just trust him coz he's not a shit coach? Talk about blindly following

Active Now

• Xarr
  • Astro
  • Battler
  • bb_gun
  • ivanhungryjak
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.