PRE-GAME Round 1 - Broncos vs Rabbitohs

apart from metres out of our own end vidot hasnt exactly done much.

Single handedly pulled our noses out of the dirt on countless occassions last year with 2 or more hitups in a set coming out of our own end where our forwards get smashed.

Have you noticed neither of our halves can kick for shit.

Now I trust in Wayne Bennett, but what the hell is this !?

Reed over Copley in the Centres ?
Reed over Vidot in backline period ?
Mitchell Dodds over Oates ?
Whitchurch over Nikorima ?
I am fine however with Maranta, he has improved a lot and is safe under the high ball

Please explain..

Dodds got forced back 10m each time he hit the ball up vs Wigan, what do you think Souths will do to him.
Whitchurch... what can I say, dropped ball twice in first 20 mins vs Wigan, hasnt looked threatening all preseason, lacked solid defense.

In saying that, I will still be cheering the lads on come Thursday night, but seriously wtf.

This man.

Wigan .........................Souths

"but it was raining and cold and just a trial game and Wayne Bennett is god. Don't question god"

"but it was raining and cold and just a trial game and Wayne Bennett is god. Don't question god"

well god has won us 6 premierships. when you go and coach your own NRL side and win 6 premierships, then you may question him

well god has won us 6 premierships. when you go and coach your own NRL side and win 6 premierships, then you may question him

But he only ever had international players in his team! You know, those young kids he brought in as teenagers were all first grade internationals! And the guy who is consulted about all the NRL rule changes is out of touch because some guys on the internet said so. They won 12 premierships on RLL2 in a row. Beat that, Bennett you hack!

I have some reservations, but a lot of it is fairly logical.

Given Vidot's lead feet, Maranta may well save us a few tries when considering Reynolds's accuracy with the boot. He won't make the metres, but hopefully our forward rotation will mitigate that. A little concerned but will see how it plays out.

As mentioned, Copley and Reed swap in attack and defence. Hardly Jack's biggest fan but he offers a more complete game than Maranta or Vidot. Think it's a good move.

A little perplexed by Whitchurch, but assume he's there as Diet Vidot for hit ups and backline coverage. Hopefully Nikorima slots in at the last minute though.

I'm more confident with this team than last year with Hoffy at 6...

I recall nearly every week last season people on here constantly questioning Marantas (and Reeds for that matter) selection. They keep their spots under Bennett and all of a sudden they become decent selections.

Whitchurch offers absolutely nothing from the bench (and thats being kind) with the rest of the bench and starting oack selected he would have been far better off selecting one of the Nikorimas or Parcell off the bench for a bit of x-factor.

Copley is one of our best attacking weapons. He is also far better at center than wing ... stop fucking him around, select him in his best position. Give him some consistency and he'll come along in leaps and bounds IMO.

This really is the stupidest argument one can use. He was really good a long time ago, so that makes him immune from any criticism forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have some reservations, but a lot of it is fairly logical.

Given Vidot's lead feet, Maranta may well save us a few tries when considering Reynolds's accuracy with the boot. He won't make the metres, but hopefully our forward rotation will mitigate that. A little concerned but will see how it plays out.

As mentioned, Copley and Reed swap in attack and defence. Hardly Jack's biggest fan but he offers a more complete game than Maranta or Vidot. Think it's a good move.

A little perplexed by Whitchurch, but assume he's there as Diet Vidot for hit ups and backline coverage. Hopefully Nikorima slots in at the last minute though.

I'm more confident with this team than last year with Hoffy at 6...

These are my exact thoughts.

I recall nearly every week last season people on here constantly questioning Marantas (and Reeds for that matter) selection. They keep their spots under Bennett and all of a sudden they become decent selections.

Spot on

Joel reddy still running around or is that a different one?

This really is the stupidest argument one can use. He was really good a long time ago, so that makes him immune from any criticism forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 years ago he coached the dragons to the title. yeah that most certainly is a long time ago isn't it

Active Now

• Ffs...
  • FACTHUNT
  • Alec
  • I bleed Maroon
  • NYCDB
  • Old Mate
  • Hurrijo
  • Bish
  • Organix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.