PRE-GAME Round 1 - Broncos vs Rabbitohs

Copley on the wing is an even bigger balls up, if we are hooking Vidot for not being able to catch there is no way Copley should be there, he was terrible under the high ball last year. Copleys best position is centre.

Sell Kennedy and Hannant to put Mitchell Dodds and Aaron Whitchurch on your reserve bench.

Come on.

and buy adam blair and james gavet plus add milford and boyd (yeah he is injured) and let barba and Hoffman go
yeh, its not that bad to be honest and in case you didn't realise besides hunt having an outstanding year, we did pretty much **** all last year with them in the side

Surely Vidot offers more value as a utility than Whitchurch though, if you really wanted Maranta on the wing? Whitchurch has looked horrible thus far.

Apparently Oates has no stamina yet. Probably because Griffin played him and Wallace for a couple of minutes a game last year.

Lets hope that is the last we ever see of Vidot now. I am happy

Surely Vidot offers more value as a utility than Whitchurch though, if you really wanted Maranta on the wing? Whitchurch has looked horrible thus far.

Bennett must know something we don't in this instance because he has been terrible

I'm fine with the decision tbh. If Reed plays like he did last year he'll be hooked faster than anyone.

No he wont. People kept saying that Bennett would drop dead weight. We even had Reed being the centres as a "coz griffin" reason. Those of us against Bennett said that Reed is a bennett style player and would be one of his first picked. Low and behold, game 1 team list and reed is right where i expected. Cant see that changing unless he gets injured

doesnt anyone pay attention? its been said for weeks that oates would start the season in QCUP due to fitness.

copley will play centre in attack.

i have no problem with maranta over vidot. apart from metres out of our own end vidot hasnt exactly done much.

would rather kniko instead of whitchurch. i wont be surprised if niko slips onto the bench at the last minute.

Last edited:
No he wont. People kept saying that Bennett would drop dead weight. We even had Reed being the centres as a "coz griffin" reason. Those of us against Bennett said that Reed is a bennett style player and would be one of his first picked. Low and behold, game 1 team list and reed is right where i expected. Cant see that changing unless he gets injured

It won't change too much because we have no depth in the backs

I would like to think Nikorama offers more than both
I think his plan if he plays Whitchurch is for another second rower
Macca might be going iron man again

Just going to throw it out there, Reed played well in the last few rounds last year. He was far from dead weight. Vidot or Maranta. I know who I'd prefer catching a bomb from Adam Reynolds.
@QUEENSLANDER pretty sure you said Stagg and Lowrie would be there too. 1 from 3? Good work genius.

Last edited:
Nikorima is 18th man and could be switched at the last minute

Now I trust in Wayne Bennett, but what the hell is this !?

Reed over Copley in the Centres ?
Reed over Vidot in backline period ?
Mitchell Dodds over Oates ?
Whitchurch over Nikorima ?
I am fine however with Maranta, he has improved a lot and is safe under the high ball

Please explain..

Dodds got forced back 10m each time he hit the ball up vs Wigan, what do you think Souths will do to him.
Whitchurch... what can I say, dropped ball twice in first 20 mins vs Wigan, hasnt looked threatening all preseason, lacked solid defense.

In saying that, I will still be cheering the lads on come Thursday night, but seriously wtf.

Just going to throw it out there, Reed played well in the last few rounds last year. He was far from dead weight. Vidot or Maranta. I know who I'd prefer catching a bomb from Adam Reynolds.
@QUEENSLANDER pretty sure you said Stagg and Lowrie would be there too. 1 from 3? Good work genius.

Coz griffin!

My only real problem with the side is Whitchurches selection. Otherwise it's a side that makes sense going up against Souffs.

And much like Reed and Copley are, but you totally skip over that one hey?

Reed shouldnt be sharing any position with anyone. He is absolute shit. The fact he made the side is a joke, let alone at centre. Coz griffin!

Active Now

• Skathen
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • broncsgoat
  • winslow_wong
  • Brocko
  • Skyblues87
  • Scdeac
  • Sproj
  • Robboi_321
  • Waynesaurus
  • I bleed Maroon
  • broncos4life
  • Wild Horse
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Allo
  • barker
  • Fozz
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Johnny92
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.