PRE-GAME Round 1 - Broncos vs Rabbitohs

Also, in other news, Hoffman named in the centres for the Titans...bahahaha
But they have said Hoffman and Zillman will be switching between fullback and centre, which everyone is apparently ok with now that Bennett is doing it lol.

Absolutely ridiculous decisions by Bennett, but that's to be expected. Reed and Maranta are rubbish and they're both there over one of our best 2014 players in Vidot. sure vidot bombed a few tries, but to think some people are now saying that maranta bombed less than him......lol

Stockholm syndrome is alive and well.

No he wont. People kept saying that Bennett would drop dead weight. We even had Reed being the centres as a "coz griffin" reason. Those of us against Bennett said that Reed is a bennett style player and would be one of his first picked. Low and behold, game 1 team list and reed is right where i expected. Cant see that changing unless he gets injured

Much like the anti bennett mob said he would pick stagg and lowrie.

What's everyones issue with Maranta over Vidot? Fair enough Vidot was awesome at eating metres out of our end last year, but he bombed more tries than Maranta did the year before.. and judging by the WCC, it looked like Maranta had improved and Vidot had regressed.

I'm fine with the decision tbh. If Reed plays like he did last year he'll be hooked faster than anyone.
Say what? :shocked:

When Hodges heard Marantas name read out, the smile he would have had on his face since being named captain, would have instantly disappeared.

I recall nearly every week last season people on here constantly questioning Marantas (and Reeds for that matter) selection. They keep their spots under Bennett and all of a sudden they become decent selections.

Whitchurch offers absolutely nothing from the bench (and thats being kind) with the rest of the bench and starting oack selected he would have been far better off selecting one of the Nikorimas or Parcell off the bench for a bit of x-factor.

Copley is one of our best attacking weapons. He is also far better at center than wing ... stop ****ing him around, select him in his best position. Give him some consistency and he'll come along in leaps and bounds IMO.

So players can't improve under Bennett? Reed and Maranta were shit last year under a shit coach. If they have improved why shouldn't they get a go? I'd trust Bennett's judgment on their improvement. I wouldn't trust Griffin's. He was a shit coach.

Don't get Whitchurch. Doubt he will play.

Agree re swapping Copley though...

I am surprised people are complaining about the team Bennett has picked. I thought he could do no wrong? You mean to tell me you aren't stoked to have Reed in the centres?? Still have Maranta on the wing haha.

When Hodges heard Marantas name read out, the smile he would have had on his face since being named captain, would have instantly disappeared.

After playing a game with Vidot he probably changed his mind about Maranta

But they have said Hoffman and Zillman will be switching between fullback and centre, which everyone is apparently ok with now that Bennett is doing it lol.

Absolutely ridiculous decisions by Bennett, but that's to be expected. Reed and Maranta are rubbish and they're both there over one of our best 2014 players in Vidot. sure vidot bombed a few tries, but to think some people are now saying that maranta bombed less than him......lol

Stockholm syndrome is alive and well.

I don't get you're first point?

I'm not overly pleased with the selection of Maranta, Vidot offers more IMO, can only wait and see how the Reed - Copley switching of positions go.

After playing a game with Vidot he probably changed his mind about Maranta

As bad at finishing as Vidot has been ... Even he didn't bomb tries my 7 year old sister coyld have score like Maranta has done.

Liking the side and Marantas inclusion but thought having him at the back and Kahu on the wing better, IMO. And Reed hey, well least he not named on the wing.

not a big fan of play here in attack then play here in defense etc. named at fullback or wing or centre you should be good enough all round to stay there the whole game, wouldn't think it would help the players long term, i.e confidence/cementing a position...anyway still good side and the aggression up front will make a tough and fantastic opening 20.

:laugh: ahhh this thread. It didn't take long to remind me that I actually hate Team-List Tuesday.

Bennett could have named any 17 and some of you would have found something to complain about. I can't believe the way some of you behave...you're like 8-year olds.

Outside of Whitchurch there are no surprises and his selection is really the least consequential of the bunch. As I said, he could have named Todd Lowrie there and it wouldn't have really mattered.

[MENTION=1769]Foordy[/MENTION] don't worry mate I'm still firmly in the never pick Maranta group. It's funny how there are always people defending him yet come game time when he bombs 80% of any possible play they stay quiet. I just don't get how many chances he needs.

Vidot was once mentioned as a possible origin winger, if it weren't for a freak named JYY he might of got there, so we know he has the ability somewhere. Maranta just provides safe hands and a fetish for the sideline. Then when he has the odd good game here and there people start thinking he's a real prospect, but he will always be just an average - but safe - winger. And it annoys me to think we have to settle for an average player, we're the Brisbane Broncos FFS

I didn't want maranta then, a day or two before I said I would have even reed on the wing if it keeps him out and now that it's named I still don't want him there. Disappointed despite the assumptions by some that suddenly everyone is in favor of it. As for Whitchurch his no certainty to make the final bench, hell players who aren't even named rock up gametime, having said that why not Vidot Or Oates in his place.

I have a lot more confidence in Kahu at fullback than Maranta.

No no no no no! WTF is WB even thinking with this side? Look ,i have no real right to question this coach on hes selections and it is easy for us sitting at home to think we know better, but, what the hell is he doing leaving the samoan stallion, Vidot out, and putting guys like Maranta, and Reed in there?!

I hate to say this, but am predicting the rabbits to tear us a new a$$hole on Friday nite. His might have won 6 premierships, but, that does not make him safe from making stupid decisions as he has some with these selections. From all those attacking Griffith the past few seasons, maybe it was better to stick with the devil we knew, right. I hope i am wrong, but if his going to keep sticking with has beens like Reed and company, it might be a long season for us all :(

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Ffs...
  • FACTHUNT
  • Alec
  • NYCDB
  • Old Mate
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.