Morning
10:00

Team Lists

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
Broncos vs Rabbitohs
5 March 2015, 7:05pm (Queensland Time), Suncorp Stadium.

Getting in early.

I think all the recruitment puzzle pieces for the Broncos have now fallen into place. I assume that this will be a Broncos home game so should be a cracker to look forward to. Let us know your predicted lineups - maybe lock one in and check back who's closest come March 2015.

My predicted Wayne lineup

1. Boyd
2. Vidot
3. Reed
4. Hodges
5. Copley
6. Milford (**** yeah)
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Parker
11. Glenn
12. Thaiday
13. Gillett

14. Oates
15. Blair
16. Gavett
17. Garbutt

I think Milford is going to absolutely tear it apart in his first game for the Broncos, and his first at Suncorp.

Broncos 24-10 (Copley, Milford, Hunt, Boyd tries) - Copley's first off a wicked second man play Milford, perfectly timed to Boyd, Boyd sails it onto Copley's chest after Hodges draws in 2 with a awesome decoy run. Milford's scores up next off a Hunt dummy line break past some tiring Burgess brothers under the sticks. Crowd goes wild.
Boyd gets over late to cap off an epic return.

If our forwards can muscle up against Souths the rest of the year will be a sinch :-). Though in saying that I think the Rabbitohs will be much less of a team without Sam Burgess and without Te'o's mongrel in the forwards.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Round 1 - 2015 - Broncos v Rabbitohs - Pre-game discussion

Hasn't Wayne said Parker will play lock? I imagine Blair in the 10, Parker in the 13, Gillett to the bench.

Wayne said Parker will move back to lock. I'm predicting similar to your lineup but with Blair starting prop, backrow of Gillett Thaiday and Parker, with glenn to fight oates for a spot on the bench and the possible inclusion of someone like Parcell.

I hope we start well but in all honesty I won't be surprised if we struggle a bit at first, just because theres been so many changes to the team. I won't worry too much if we start slowly. We will hit our stride soon enough :D

Predicting the match will be a sell out. Should be an awesome atmosphere. Big welcome home for bennett. hopefully we can jag a win to cap off what will no doubt be a great night. its going to be a long wait, thats for sure.

Last edited:

Blair will start at prop, Parker will play 80 back in the 13 where he belongs.

Broncos 1-12.

Last edited:

I want this team:
1. Boyd
2. Vidot
3. Copley
4. Hodges
5. Kahu
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. Macca
10. Blair
11. Thaiday
12. Gillet
13 Parker
14. Glenn
15. Garbutt
16. Gavet
17. Oates

Team that will probably start round 1:
1. Boyd
2. Vidot
3. Reed
4. Hodges
5. Copley
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. Macca
10. Blair
11. Thaiday
12. Gillet
13 Parker
14. Glenn
15. Garbutt
16. Gavet
17. Oates

The Rabbits have an overrated halves pairing and backline, with Sam and Teo gone I think they'll struggle next year. Glenn, although I used to rate him highly, is well past it.

Broncos 1-12.

Still iffy that Garbutt and Gavet are genuine top 17 - great depth for Top 25 squad..

If they're going to be shown up, it'll be against the Rabbitohs.

Still iffy that Garbutt and Gavet are genuine top 17 - great depth for Top 25 squad..

If they're going to be shown up, it'll be against the Rabbitohs.

Watched highlights from Gavet last year and he is definitely top 17 material, will be an absolute gun. Although not so sure on Garbutt, but he has some raps on him from 1910 included and have seen some highlights to, looks like the type of forward we need and should also do really well in first grade.

Watched highlights from Gavet last year and he is definitely top 17 material, will be an absolute gun. Although not so sure on Garbutt, but he has some raps on him from 1910 included and have seen some highlights to, looks like the type of forward we need and should also do really well in first grade.

Yeah Gavet and Taupau were massive off the bench. Genuinely surprised if he's not in the 17. Garbutt I'm not sold on yet.

1. Boyd
2. Vidot
3. Reed
4. Hodges
5. Copley
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. McG
9. McC
10. Blair
11. Thaiday
12. Glenn
13. Parker

14. Gillet
15. Garbutt
16. Oates
17. Parcell/Waddell/Gavet

That's how I reckon we'll line up. Premiership hangover, no Burgess or Te'o, average halves....I think we're a good chance IF we gell fairly quickly. That might take awhile.

What I want -
1. Boyd
2.Vidot
3. Copley
4. Hodges
5. Kahu
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Garbutt (yeah garbutt, people are under estimating him. He has a huge motor)
11. Thaiday
12. Glenn
13. Parker

14. Gillett
15. Oates
16. Blair
17. Gavet/Parcell/Ofahengue

What we will see -
1. Boyd
2. Vidot
3. Reed
4. Hodges
5. Copley
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Blair
11. Thaiday
12. Glenn
13. Parker

14. Gillett
15. Blair
16. Oates
17. Garbutt or Gavet(I hope garbutt, even though in time Gavet will be awesome for us)

1. Boyd
2. Vidot
3. Reed
4. Hodges
5. Copley
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. McG
9. McC
10. Blair
11. Thaiday
12. Glenn
13. Parker

14. Gillet
15. Garbutt
16. Oates
17. Parcell/Waddell/Gavet

That's how I reckon we'll line up. Premiership hangover, no Burgess or Te'o, average halves....I think we're a good chance IF we gell fairly quickly. That might take awhile.

Gavet will definitely be in the team, no doubt about it, unless injured.

Gavet will definitely be in the team, no doubt about it, unless injured.

I honestly don't know. Garbutt and Gavet are both up in the air for me. Neither really has THAT much NRL experience so if they have a poor pre-season during the World Club Challenge and the Nines then they could be dropped off

Of all the team list predictions mentioned the only player I'm concerned about is McCullough. Doesn't seem to be under any sort of pressure to lift his game and has been at a similar level for a few seasons now.

I honestly don't know. Garbutt and Gavet are both up in the air for me. Neither really has THAT much NRL experience so if they have a poor pre-season during the World Club Challenge and the Nines then they could be dropped off

I'm calling it now that if both are uninjured, both will be in the team come round 1.

Of all the team list predictions mentioned the only player I'm concerned about is McCullough. Doesn't seem to be under any sort of pressure to lift his game and has been at a similar level for a few seasons now.

When your only peer in the game is Cameron Smith I'd say he's a certainty to play 80.

The Rabbits have an overrated halves pairing and backline, with Sam and Teo gone I think they'll struggle next year. Glenn, although I used to rate him highly, is well past it.

Broncos 1-12.

Surely you're not serious? Keary/Sutton/Reynolds and Walker/Johnston overrated? Yeah right. I think I might watch the GF replay again to see just how overrated they are.

Can't wait to see Vidot streak away from the overrated Johnston and Hodges turn on a dime to tackle the overrated Walker.

Active Now

• RolledOates
  • Skathen
  • Waynesaurus
  • Xzei
  • BroncosAlways
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Fatboy
  • Foordy
  • Fitzy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosarethebest
  • broncos4life
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Painin the Haas
  • kman
  • Midean
  • Financeguy
  • Bucking Beads
  • Strop
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.