Round 1 - Broncos Vs Sea Eagles - Build Up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't wait till the likes of Hala, Timu, Wallace and Molo are ready to roll. Some big impact with those boys. Lui, Dodds and Anderson all need to step it up a notch this year to help us through Origin in particular.

Loving the team. Norman at fullback and Gillett starting.

#Winning

I am so glad you are not the coach Big Dave. Where we're you going to pull a better back line from, another club

Haha splinter I so definitely agree.

Norman will always be an average footballer. The only position he might do ok is at prop. He doesn't need to think and just tuck the ball under his arm. He needs to hit the protein though

What players do you actually like???

king is having trouble with his shoulder and may miss the game. pack looks weaker if so. starting pack kite lawrence watmong buhrer horo. if we cant dominate their forwards well feck..

Still early in the season though noisetheory, a lot of logic goes out the window in Round 1.

Check Titans vs. Cowboys last year as a prime example.

nightwares of those pricks attacking down the wing on the first tackle from the 10m line.

What sort of supporter are you?????
Doesn't matter whether I dislike a player or not. My team is the Broncos and always want whoever is selected to go well and hope they prove me wrong

It's like your reading my thoughts and putting them to keyboard!

I like this team, like a lot!

In fairness to Reed, it was his first game back after a number of shoulder injuries. I thought all our returning players (Macca, Thaiday etc.) were among our worst against the Warriors.

I also don't know how Hoffman would go defensively against Jamie Lyon...
I would agree with this. I am not sure about Reed but prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt. At the end of last year you could see his shoulder was stuffed

I like this team, like a lot!

If nothing else I think it shows that Hook is willing to experiment and attempt to play a more positive brand of football. It will be exciting to see whether it pays off one way or another.

i reckon reed will be fine. he's got two weeks between games to get up to speed and he's a good hard trier who will give it his all come rnd 1.

Reed needs to go back to the days when he used to set up and play for his winger alongside himself. What's with all the centres that the longer they play FG, the more selfish and one dimensional they become?

Fingers crossed a lot of these guys get back to 2010/11 form, particularly Gillett in 2010 when he was making tackle busts, line breaks and try assists at will and Reed in 2011 who shut down his opposite with ease.

I just hope in Gillett's case his talent hasn't been coached out of him.

gillett looked strong in the trials. if we keep him on the edge which actually looks likely, he could be back to his best.

Gillett looked really good in the trials, back to his debut season form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Stix
  • Sproj
  • Astro
  • FACTHUNT
  • Hurrijo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • NSW stables
  • bb_gun
  • Allo
  • Pablo
  • Skyblues87
  • BroncoFan94
  • Howie
  • cento
  • Kev_Guz
  • Robboi_321
  • Battler
  • Santa
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.