Round 1 - Broncos Vs Sea Eagles - Build Up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reed needs to go back to the days when he used to set up and play for his winger alongside himself. What's with all the centres that the longer they play FG, the more selfish and one dimensional they become?

I thought Reed had gotten very selfish last year....he never looked like throwing a pass.

I assumed that it was because he had no faith in Copley, after Dale's couple of nervous early games.

The selection of team stinks. It shows to me the coach has no idea. If he thought Norman was an option to play fullback for round one, he should've at least been trailed there.

Silly question. Of the current Broncos, my fav is Hodges. I'm also a fan of Glenn and Parker.

How is that a silly question? god you must be constantly in a bad mood

Got a huge sigh of relief when Prince was named in the halves. I think it's a good team and I think it would seriously challenge Manly.

Got a huge sigh of relief when Prince was named in the halves. I think it's a good team and I think it would seriously challenge Manly.

haha me too mate. I had such a bad feeling it was going to be norman...

Playing Norman at fullback is like playing Anasta at fullback. Both similar players but at least Anasta has a heart and a hot wife.

Playing Norman at fullback is like playing Anasta at fullback. Both similar players but at least Anasta has a heart and a hot wife.

And playing Hoffman there is like playing Minichiello. I'm not sure which one is worse.

And playing Hoffman there is like playing Minichiello. I'm not sure which one is worse.
Come on mate, I hate the chooks as much as anyone, but Mini was at one stage the best fullback in the comp, and he's still miles ahead of Hoffman!

Ummmm no

Come on mate, I hate the chooks as much as anyone, but Mini was at one stage the best fullback in the comp, and he's still miles ahead of Hoffman!

Nah, I disagree. While he was great at one stage, he's definitely the worst regular fullback in the comp these days IMO.

Nah, I disagree. While he was great at one stage, he's definitely the worst regular fullback in the comp these days IMO.
You're probably right, now that Hoffman is on the wing... :tongue_smilie:

Seriously though, I can think of a few guys worse than Mini, like Zillman or Moltzen for example.

2012 really wasn't the best year for fullbacks. I reckon you could throw names like Coote, Wright, Locke & even Boyd up there among the worst in the competition.

Hoffman was a gun running off Lockyer in 2010. He was as safe as houses and was one of the better defensive fullback in the game. I would like to see how he goes with Prince running the show.

Norman hasn't show anything in first grade or under 20s that has made me stand up and think he will be a good first grader.

Hoffman was even worst on the wing last year

Dude mini was once the best fullback in the world and is one of the finest players ive seen.

I don't think the coach has it in him to make the tough call.
Wallace, Hoffman, Norman and Hunt appears that they will always be in the 17 somewhere no matter how well they play.
All of them are playing out of position except for Wallace who I think would make a good 9 anyway

I really hope Norman takes this opportunity to put his hand up and say, "I'm going to become one of the best fullbacks in the competition and make it impossible to be dropped. I'm going to add to the attacking structure of the team, especially close to the line and I'm going to hunt around the ball for offloads. I'm going to make a real fist of fullback in preparation for my long term goal of being Brisbane's long term 5-8. I'm going to learn from Scott Prince while he's here for two years and repay the club that has made me a well known name."

What do you think the chances are?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Astro
  • FACTHUNT
  • Hurrijo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • NSW stables
  • bb_gun
  • Allo
  • Pablo
  • Skyblues87
  • BroncoFan94
  • Howie
  • cento
  • Kev_Guz
  • Robboi_321
  • Battler
  • Santa
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.