Round 1 - Broncos Vs Sea Eagles - Build Up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah he can go to the Eels and learn from Ben Roberts or Kelly

I think they're better than good. He has the potential and the ability as well as enough talent, the only question is whether he can shake that nonchalance off and work on his defense

Big Dave, no one has anything complaints about Hoffman's defense as a FB. I like the kid a lot, but in today's game, you need the fullback to be a third playmaker and I don't think Hoffman has that in him to be honest.

I think they're better than good. He has the potential and the ability as well as enough talent, the only question is whether he can shake that nonchalance off and work on his defense

Big Dave, no one has anything complaints about Hoffman's defense as a FB. I like the kid a lot, but in today's game, you need the fullback to be a third playmaker and I don't think Hoffman has that in him to be honest.

He doesn't need to be a "playermarker" all he needs to do is draw and pass. It has more to do with the coaching to be honest.
Any outside back coming through the ranks can at least draw and pass. But to me it seems the coach has told the players to go themselves.
Just look at the way Norman, Hoffman, and Mccullough played last season. I bet there wasn't a spine in the competition last year that threw more dummies and be caught with the ball than those three.

Fair complaint, hopefully the selections signal some changes in Hook's offensive methods.

Norman at fullback really reminds me of the time when Bennett went with Hunt at 7, hopefully it pans out better.

I don't think Hoffman can pull off a simple draw and pass. Although Norman couldn't do that very well last year either. Norman didn't seem to have learnt a thing over the off season in the warriors trial.

Dude mini was once the best fullback in the world and is one of the finest players ive seen.

I'm not talking about his glory years back in the prehistoric years of 2005AD. These days he's exactly like Hoffman, only Hoffman has fairly reliable hands and a bit more pace.

Not too surprised by the side named, I'm glad to see Thaiday at prop, at least early on in the season, his fitness isn't ready to be playing in the backrow for long lengths and until at least thats up to the right level there are better options availabe and he can be much better utilised in shorter periods in the frontrow, it also gives Gillett the opportunity to really put his case forward for fulltime spot in the backrow. Norman at fullback is no surprise and I really hope he can step up for us there.

The backline is exactly the way I wanted it, I'm looking forward to how many points we can put on. Good to see a bit of attacking intent although with the Copley injury Hooks hand was probably forced to pick the best players and fit them all in.

The only times when the coach made any real changes was when Hoffman was late to training and McCullough got locked up.
He needs to grow some balllls

I'm not talking about his glory years back in the prehistoric years of 2005AD. These days he's exactly like Hoffman, only Hoffman has fairly reliable hands and a bit more pace.

I would still take Mini over hoffman any day of the week

Very happy with the team. Hoffman isn't a fullback and Norman isn't good enough in the halves. Actually like Hannant off the bench, really want him to reclaim a bit of form and pushing for a starting spot might do just that. Gilletes trial form earned him a starting spot and very glad Hook could respect that.

The only times when the coach made any real changes was when Hoffman was late to training and McCullough got locked up.
He needs to grow some balllls

Got rid of Gagai for being a turd, didn't he .....?

I don't think the coach has it in him to make the tough call.
Wallace, Hoffman, Norman and Hunt appears that they will always be in the 17 somewhere no matter how well they play.
All of them are playing out of position except for Wallace who I think would make a good 9 anyway

U r spot on Dave, "Hook" is a shocker who treats his second tier players very badly, he also doesn't have a clue when it comes to the interchange bench, he will be a distant memory in 2 yrs time. Hoffman and Norman will end up being very good players, the other two won't be part of the Bronco's future.

Let's just say there's quite a bit of history around Gagai and Big Dave...

Let's just say there's quite a bit of history around Gagai and Big Dave...

Ahhh big Dave is Elia, or b4l or whatever he wants to call himself. Oh well bait away four ex!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Allo
  • IceWorks
  • Fitzy
  • Xzei
  • eazy-duzzit
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.