Round 1 - Broncos Vs Sea Eagles - Build Up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Half the tries Norman scored last year was flukey ass ones. He's not one of these players when we make a break 50 meters he'll be there in support.

When Norman does fail.. I hope the coach gives Hoffman a chance to play with Prince otherwise give Joe Bond a shot. It could turn out like the Ben Barba story where the big bro Aaron fail to make the NRL due to ill discipline. Joe's older brother Michael Bond was a star at Wavell playing alongside Inglis. In fact he was rated by all the coaches at the school to be better than Inglis. He was in the Broncos system for a couple years but his discipline cost him and he eventually moved to the Storm and the Roosters. Lets hope the younger bro gets to live the dream

Who's ready for Ray Hadley's comentary next Friday night?

They should list that on the membership incentives.

"Get all 12 home games without having to listen to that boring, overbearing idiot"

Last edited:
I don't think Normans support play is that bad. He nabbed 10 tries last season, which is more than what Hoffman has managed over the past two seasons combined.

This stat is just plain sad haha, Barba has scored 45 tries in the last two seasons :001_unsure:

Half the tries Norman scored last year was flukey ass ones. He's not one of these players when we make a break 50 meters he'll be there in support.

When Norman does fail.. I hope the coach gives Hoffman a chance to play with Prince otherwise give Joe Bond a shot. It could turn out like the Ben Barba story where the big bro Aaron fail to make the NRL due to ill discipline. Joe's older brother Michael Bond was a star at Wavell playing alongside Inglis. In fact he was rated by all the coaches at the school to be better than Inglis. He was in the Broncos system for a couple years but his discipline cost him and he eventually moved to the Storm and the Roosters. Lets hope the younger bro gets to live the dream

That's rubbish, if Norman isn't there he doesn't score those 'flukey' tries! His support play is one of his strengths.

Some fan you are, hoping players fail.

It seemed like Norman's selection boiled down to two factors.

1) The injury to Dale Copley
2) How much Hook rates Norman.

If Copley was still available, I'd be interested to see how it would have panned out.

So who's going to the game?

Just bought our memberships this week :thumbup1:

There's probably a lot of pressure from a legend of the club like Lockyer to keep Norman in the side. Lockyer srsly talks him up every chance he gets.

It seemed like Norman's selection boiled down to two factors.

1) The injury to Dale Copley
2) How much Hook rates Norman.

If Copley was still available, I'd be interested to see how it would have panned out.

It's a panic move IMO. Did Norman trial at fullback at all? Did Hoffman trial in the wing at all?

That's rubbish, if Norman isn't there he doesn't score those 'flukey' tries! His support play is one of his strengths.

All his tries were like from 20 meters or less out. Well if his support play is his strength it tells you how fcken shiiitt he is in all other departments.

Norman didn't trial at fullback. Hoffman did play some wing and centre. But you are right it's a panic move just to keep Norman in the team.
If the coach was serious about picking Norman in round one at fullback you think he would have at least trialled him there. Makes no sense or dollars

His not a broncos fan, his just mad about what happened to his boyfriend. Actually while we are on the topic of gayguy... Big Dave , did you move to newy? Or are you two doing the whole long distance thing?

Last edited:
Just watching the video on the Broncos website.. "It's important for Corey that we kept him in the team".

I think that we'll see Prince and Norman in the halves in a few weeks/months time. There's no way that this fullback thing will be permanent, Wallace will likely still be mediocre, and Norman will continue being the golden boy.

It's a panic move IMO. Did Norman trial at fullback at all? Did Hoffman trial in the wing at all?
Yeah, it's a panic move. I would be panicking too after seeing Hoffman's attack in the trials... :001_tt2:

Yeah, it's a panic move. I would be panicking too after seeing Hoffman's attack in the trials... :001_tt2:

I am not saying I don't agree with the move but seriously it wasn't part of the plan. I think Hook had intended on playing Wallace and Prince in the halves until the Parra story leaked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Yellowfella
  • Mighty Bronx
  • scobie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.